Lost DIAD board

rod

Retired 22 years
The only DIAD I ever heard of being lost was by a sup who was out delivering when he wasn't suppose to be. He took crap for that for a long time.

Seasonalworker

Hopefully if it’s found someone returns it because everything is locked out on them by IT . You can’t even connect to the internet or make a phone call . I asked if it could be pinged or tracked and was told they couldn’t so hopefully it turns up or I find it in the AM. I didn’t think about a tracphone price, they not said a price yet but the way they let on it was going to be something ridiculous like several hundred dollars.

Rarefish383

Talking about sheeting on paper, it was not uncommon to be behind another PC and see him hit a bump and the clip board and papers would go flying out the door.

As a Steward we told hourly's to never pay for any lost or damaged company property, per our local officials. The company is insured for everything. Grieve it, and in the hearing, if some sort of gross negligence is proven against the hourly, you may settle on paying half. But to prove negligence that grievous, they will probably try to fire you anyway. We had the first and second generation Diads, and several guys, in our center alone, left one sitting on the bumper and pulled off and crushed them. All the center manager did was have a PCM the next day on being aware of where you sat your board.

If a current Steward has language stating otherwise, in the book, I defer to them.

quad decade guy

When the first DIADS came out in '91, a decision was made (at least in my area) to NOT offer any sort of reward for their return. The logic...which I agree with...was that offering a reward would simply encourage them to be stolen. We did in fact have a couple get stolen and when the thief called asking about a reward he was told to "go ahead and keep it." Word soon got out on the street that the DIADS were worthless and we havent ever had a problem with them getting ripped off.

Really? Word on the street? Where were these diads being stolen? How? Word soon got out? Lololol.