Lost grievance hearing at National JAC Special Committee in Chicago What do you think

bsbmc

Re: Lost grievance hearing at National JAC Special Committee in Chicago What do you t

Just wondering what everyone thinks of me exposing the three IBT panel members that voted against me on this greivance. I contacted the TDU and they think i got screwed as well and want to print a article about this in there next magazine issue. What does everyone think should i do it or not ?

formymax

Re: Lost grievance hearing at National JAC Special Committee in Chicago What do you t

Do the article and expose the union individials behind the panel decision. An article should be written about every panel decision when the majority of the members feel the outcome was unjust. Maybe our Union reps will think twice before jumping in bed with the company if they know their butts are going to be exposed.

Inthegame

Just wondering what everyone thinks of me exposing the three IBT panel members that voted against me on this greivance. I contacted the TDU and they think i got screwed as well and want to print a article about this in there next magazine issue. What does everyone think should i do it or not ?
You don't know all three IBT panel members voted against you. You could be exposing two IBT panel members that took your position and voted in your favor. Most likely you were asked by the union chairman if you were satisfied that "any and all evidence in your case was presented" and "did local 89 properly represent you" at the hearing and you responded yes. That gives the Union and UPS cover for future charges. What reason was given to your agent for the decision? After the case he would/should ask this and should be able to provide you with that reason.
Did they say anything about "time worked in a second consecutive free period not counting toward seniority"? (CRT Art 1,Sec 1, last paragraph) Something isn't fitting here. Call your agent and suggest you're contacting the NLRB to remedy this error and see what they do. Calling TDU won't do diddly. They'll scream fire but have no hose to put it out.