Lot's of people not getting Ballots, mostly Part-timers???

Let me be devils advocate. Do you think you treated them with respect when you lied to them about the contract.

You could have said "I don't mean any disrespect but i really don't think that is any of your business"
Or you could have told them that you were still thinking about it. Or you could have told them that you didn't like it for whatever reasons.

The worst thing that would have happened here is you might have gotten into a dialogue with those people who you say have treated you with respect about why they feel it might be a good deal for you.

It does not hurt to expose yourself to both perspectives.

Next question did you attend your contract review at your local union hall and listen to your representatives explain why they agreed to this offer?

i tried to engage my boss in a discussion over the contract, he said he couldnt talk about it and my shop steward walked by, heard my questions and said that i was not to talk about the contract with anyone from management, apparently its a conflict on interest and a greivable offense

Overpaid Union Thug

I had this problem when it was time to vote on the current contract as well as the one pending. I had to go down to the Union Hall and ask them why I hadn't recieved my ballot. Many of our part-timers never recieved theirs and it's happening again this time. I've changed my address twice down at the hall but I only get half of the mailings that go out. The other half goes to my previous address. That is rather strange. The only reason I can even get my mailings from the union is because my in-laws live at my previous address.

sawdusttv

If it turns out that a large portion of the hourlies did not receive ballots, thus were not able to vote. I just wonder what can be done in order to file charges to force a revote?

Damok

If it turns out that a large portion of the hourlies did not receive ballots, thus were not able to vote. I just wonder what can be done in order to file charges to force a revote?

I'm sure they can say that they mailed ballots out according to the information they have on file or some such. I would be willing to bet that a lot of people who can't be bothered to vote or attend meetings are the same people who can't fill out a form to keep their info current. That said, I would also be willing to bet there will be a good number of legitimate gripes.