Lunch as a dispatch tool

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What company in America has a paid lunch.... Ups needs to not give you so much work ... It's not like hey aren't known for treating us like pack mules... Right???
My point is if I had less work I still wouldn't want to sit for an hour doing nothing not getting paid. I'd rather have an extra hour of work and at least make some money with that time.

I'm sure that feeling will change with age, but right now sitting for an hour doing nothing drives me nuts.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
My point is if I had less work I still wouldn't want to sit for an hour doing nothing not getting paid. I'd rather have an extra hour of work and at least make some money with that time.

I'm sure that feeling will change with age, but right now sitting for an hour doing nothing drives me nuts.
I hear ya....

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'm curious, in areas outside of California does the DIAD lock you out from working when you punch out for lunch? Here in NorCal it locks you out for 30 minutes with the message 'No work is to be completed at this time. Local laws require you to take meal'. There's a way around that message though, but only to look at stops remaining. You can input the time you took lunch AFTER you complete lunch (no stops or pickups completed in the past 30 minutes). If you try to imput lunch and you've completed stops it will say 'meal must be started after last stop completed'. Is it like that everywhere else?
None of that here. When you start your lunch you put in the time. When you finish you put the end time.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Here you could work through lunch when you put it in the board but will be on a report and probably have a warning letter issued
Again my issue is not taking the lunch, it is the strict parameters that our lunch is in. 20 min break within the first hour only and must be completed between 12-3. Any deviation and a warning letter is issued

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Here you could work through lunch when you put it in the board but will be on a report and probably have a warning letter issued
Again my issue is not taking the lunch, it is the strict parameters that our lunch is in. 20 min break within the first hour only and must be completed between 12-3. Any deviation and a warning letter is issued
20 minute break within the first hour? It takes me 35 minutes to get to my area.

Savvy412

I take a half. I dont know why you guys are so obsessed with getting home at 9 at night.

I do about 210..take a 30 min..get home by 7-730..and im cool...

What imma do? just sit there fora hour while its getting dark? .. I actually want to see my wife and kid

wayfair

swollen member
I take a half. I dont know why you guys are so obsessed with getting home at 9 at night.

I do about 210..take a 30 min..get home by 7-730..and im cool...

What imma do? just sit there fora hour while its getting dark? .. I actually want to see my wife and kid

9.5 puts me in at 715 pm..

Didn't you know that you had to take an hour for lunch before you took the job?

Cementups

Box Monkey
Must be another delusional mets fan.

1024px-ALE-BOS-Logo.svg.png