M-FRIDAY driver seniority rights on Saturday delivery

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
I thought under the current contract if you are on the 9.5 list that you could not volunteer for Saturdays
Negative. It happens here. The few that will typically do so if Monday-Friday wasn’t too bad. Makes Saturday a breeze because of the lack of fatigue.

And Saturday is a regular workday in regards to the contract so the same language applies. I haven’t worked a Saturday in a very long time but I understand the mentality. It’s easier to get that OT spread out six days with the bulk paid out on Saturdays and still somewhat allows for a work/life balance. The 9.5 list helps.

But I also understand that some would prefer it crammed into Monday-Friday. As I once did. I’m not that young anymore. Can’t do it.

I’m glad I’m at the point where I would only work Saturdays to replenish my emergency fund after I’ve (for whatever reason) had to dip into it.

You can volunteer for extra work anytime if you are on the 9.5 List,

....but good luck getting that "extra work" time to count towards 9.5 violations.
I know the contract book is not now but I thought I remembered something about if you're on the 9
5 list you cannot volunteer for a sixth punch

Honestly if you're on the 9.5 list why would you want to work six days a week?

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

....but good luck getting that "extra work" time to count towards 9.5 violations.
I’ve won multiple penalty pay grievances where they deducted some extra work (driver air sort on Monday mornings) and one where they didn’t. That one must have slipped by them. But I usually remember to make a note of that on the grievances.
Honestly if you're on the 9.5 list why would you want to work six days a week?
Because of the very reason I mentioned earlier. Easier to work six 9.3s than five cluster friend*cks. Seems like an extended easy week instead of too much work crammed into a shorter one. I like the option, and have utilized it, but hope I don’t need to again.

I’ve won multiple penalty pay grievances where they deducted some extra work (driver air sort on Monday mornings) and one where they didn’t. That one must have slipped by them. But I usually remember to make a note of that on the grievances.

Because of the very reason I mentioned earlier. Easier to work six 9.3s than five cluster friend*cks. Seems like an extended easy week instead of too much work crammed into a shorter one. I like the option, and have utilized it, but hope I don’t need to again.
I'd rather work an extra hour a day and have an extra day off per week

Brown Down

I know our local panel told them that if a driver volunteered and was on the 95 list that it still did count as a day and they need to do keep them under. You volunteered to help not to get crushed as they put it. Not sure how high it went or anything like that and that was last year of course.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I know our local panel told them that if a driver volunteered and was on the 95 list that it still did count as a day and they need to do keep them under. You volunteered to help not to get crushed as they put it. Not sure how high it went or anything like that and that was last year of course.
What's a "local panel"?

....I like how they think.

Brown Down

What's a "local panel"?

....I like how they think.
I guess you could call it a local meeting. But usually it involves center manager Union Stewart grieved and then also your BA and the labor manager. We've always called him a local hearing or AKA panel. Different areas different terminology I guess

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I guess you could call it a local meeting. But usually it involves center manager Union Stewart grieved and then also your BA and the labor manager. We've always called him a local hearing or AKA panel. Different areas different terminology I guess
We call it a "Local Level Hearing", then if there is no resolution, we "deadlock" it to the State Panel.

542thruNthru

We call it a "Local Level Hearing", then if there is no resolution, we "deadlock" it to the State Panel.
Same but we have JALMs (Joint Area Labor Management) committee before state(West) panels.

But I will say even if Panels (JALMs) rules one way. Later on a similar case can be deadlocked and moved up and then it all can change.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Same but we have JALMs (Joint Area Labor Management) committee before state(West) panels.

But I will say even if Panels (JALMs) rules one way. Later on a similar case can be deadlocked and moved up and then it all can change.
Yes, each region has a panel system, while some locals have alternate autonomous systems in place as well.

....but far too often our members mistake a local settlement of a grievance as a precedence setting "win", when that's just not the case.

Brown Down

Yes, each region has a panel system, while some locals have alternate autonomous systems in place as well.

....but far too often our members mistake a local settlement of a grievance as a precedence setting "win", when that's just not the case.
It can be used for past practice cases though. BUT that would literally be at the building level only. So its a win but very localized.
Just because my building does it doesn't mean another building can without following the same grievance/hearing procedures.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

I'd rather work an extra hour a day and have an extra day off per week
That used to be me. As long as it wasn’t too hot and didn’t put me out after sundown.
"Won" at a Panel, or got a settlement at the local level hearing?
First level hearing.
Pretty much how ours went.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Buffet line?
1695090056206474.jpg