Marijuana the legalization of it?

rickyb

I have two questions. Who will profit from it? And how will it be regulated?
well i honestly dont know too much about it because i usually do transportation jobs that require one to be drug free.

anyways im assuming government will collect money from it as well as corporate sector.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
image.png

well i honestly dont know too much about it because i usually do transportation jobs that require one to be drug free.

anyways im assuming government will collect money from it as well as corporate sector.

I see an opportunity...

BrownArmy

YES, THE HORROR OF POT.

Please, we basically subsidize alcohol, which is 100x worse than MJ.

GTF over it, legalize it, and take the business away from the cartels.

Plus, make a friend-ton of money on taxes!!?!

Win-win?

government does too apparently. cant remember the numbers but colorado and washington are making a killing off of it.

Very lucrative for producers in Washington. Back in the day, B.C. Bud was in demand. But now, there is not much of a market for it. Now they can grow many strains on many acres without the Feds tearing it down.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
YES, THE HORROR OF POT.

Please, we basically subsidize alcohol, which is 100x worse than MJ.

GTF over it, legalize it, and take the business away from the cartels.

Plus, make a friend-ton of money on taxes!!?!

Win-win?
Not for the people employed because of the war on drugs.
Marijuana prohibition is big business for the government. And law enforcement agencies all the way down to local police departments. Not to mention the prison industry. And pharmaceutical companies. The list goes on.

There's a reason it's still illegal, and it's not to protect people from themselves.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Not for the people employed because of the war on drugs.
Marijuana prohibition is big business for the government. And law enforcement agencies all the way down to local police departments. Not to mention the prison industry. And pharmaceutical companies. The list goes on.

There's a reason it's still illegal, and it's not to protect people from themselves.
If they weren't out chasing the pot smokers maybe they could focus on the crack and pill dealers
I dunno just a thought

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If they weren't out chasing the pot smokers maybe they could focus on the crack and pill dealers
I dunno just a thought
I agree, but legalizing marijuana would have devastating impacts on the budgets of the DEA, the FBI, INS and border patrol, and state and local police departments. Tons of jobs would be lost.
We would need less jailers, judges, and attorneys. We would lose tons of jobs in the prison industry, from administration positions and guards, all the way down to the companies that supply those prisons with food and products.

We would have fewer reasons for military intervention, and less excuses for the massive amounts of government surveillance of its own citizens. More jobs lost.

Not to mention politicians would lose one of their easiest bs talking points.

It's a much bigger picture than most people realize.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I agree, but legalizing marijuana would have devastating impacts on the budgets of the DEA, the FBI, INS and border patrol, and state and local police departments. Tons of jobs would be lost.
We would need less jailers, judges, and attorneys. We would lose tons of jobs in the prison industry, from administration positions and guards, all the way down to the companies that supply those prisons with food and products.

We would have fewer reasons for military intervention, and less excuses for the massive amounts of government surveillance of its own citizens. More jobs lost.

Maybe we could pay our school teachers what they deserve since we won't be paying all these jail guards and helicopter pilot cops

Really? We have that many criminals held solely on Mary Jane charges?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Maybe we could pay our school teachers what they deserve since we won't be paying all these jail guards and helicopter pilot cops
That would be great.
But we have a cultural problem in this country where people simply don't respect the teaching profession. A lot of that probably has to do with the fact that 75% of them are women. I don't think there would be public support for that at this point. Especially with the battle the right has taken up in the states where they still have bargaining rights.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That would be great.
But we have a cultural problem in this country where people simply don't respect the teaching profession. A lot of that probably has to do with the fact that 75% of them are women. I don't think there would be public support for that at this point. Especially with the battle the right has taken up in the states where they still have bargaining rights.
So what's your point

Let's change the culture

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So what's your point

Let's change the culture
How do you propose we do that?
I don't think taking away their unions' ability to bargain for their wages, in the few states where they even still have unions, is the right direction to go.... but that's the direction it's going in right now.

Not looking good for teachers. But I guess it never has.

BrownArmy

I'm fine with all of that.

Seriously.

If the argument is that pot is BAD, that's one thing.

If the argument is we should continue to jail people for what amounts to 'drinking a beer' (except it's smoking a J) so that we can continue subsidizing the prison-industrial complex, then I'm not on board.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Oh, were you being sarcastic?

So difficult to read intent on the inter-tube.
Not exactly sarcasm, just laying down the facts.
I'm all for bringing down the system, but we need to be real about what we're up against. If there weren't powerful forces and tons of money to be "made" (stolen from the taxpayers), a failed policy like the drug war wouldn't have lasted this long.

It's only a matter of time for marijuana, as long as people keep up the fight.

When it comes to dangerous drugs though, we also have an uphill battle. The system we have doesn't work for them either.