Marijuana the legalization of it?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Watch out mom lol.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
5 beers= DUI You aint smoking 5 joints by yourself amigo. First of all your wasting the product like an idiot and second of all you smoking 5 joints you definitely got some of your boys over sharing the wealth lmfao and no DUI. Once again an example of its definitely safer to smoke than to drink.
It is safer in a bunch of ways...the biggest prob is how long in stays in your system. Smoke a joint...dirty piss for a month

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
It will stay in your system for a month if your a fatty lol. If your super lean like myself with pretty low body fat ill stay in your system bout a week or so. Trust me I know. I got blazed up 2 days before a piss test and passed with flying colors. Just drink a lot of water or juice such as cranberry juice or apple juice and youll be all good. Your welcome for todays lesson in OPERATION COVERUP lol.

MAKAVELI

Hooray for Ohio !!! Thanks buckeyes for voting common sense!!! No pot.........good choice!!
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/marijuana-legalization-just-failed-ohio-035403549.html
Marijuana legalization just failed in Ohio — and it may have nothing to do with attitudes about legalization

The rejection, however, may have less to do with Ohioans attitudes about marijuana than one might think.

The proposal, known as Issue 3, allowed adults 21 and older to use, purchase, and grow certain amounts of marijuana and established a regulatory and taxation scheme to handle the legalization.

Embedded in the proposal, however, was a stipulation that would have given "exclusive rights" for commercial marijuana growth, cultivation, and extraction to 10 predetermined parcels of land.

The various owners of those land parcels were the proponents and funders of the initiative, known as Responsible Ohio. The group spent more than $12 million on ads, and The New York Times reports that its members spent $25 million on the campaign in total.

The problems voters may have had with Issue 3 were best summed up by Case Western University School of Law professor Jonathan Adler in The Washington Post:

Issue 3 would create a marijuana "monopoly" (actually, an oligopoly) consisting of 10 producers who would have their exclusive rights to engage in the commercial production of marijuana enshrined in the state constitution. The campaign in support of Issue 3 — so-called Responsible Ohio — is predictably supported by those who would hold these exclusive rights. This is crony capitalism at its worst.

Last edited:

wkmac

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/marijuana-legalization-just-failed-ohio-035403549.html
Marijuana legalization just failed in Ohio — and it may have nothing to do with attitudes about legalization

The rejection, however, may have less to do with Ohioans attitudes about marijuana than one might think.

The proposal, known as Issue 3, allowed adults 21 and older to use, purchase, and grow certain amounts of marijuana and established a regulatory and taxation scheme to handle the legalization.

Embedded in the proposal, however, was a stipulation that would have given "exclusive rights" for commercial marijuana growth, cultivation, and extraction to 10 predetermined parcels of land.

The various owners of those land parcels were the proponents and funders of the initiative, known as Responsible Ohio. The group spent more than $12 million on ads, and The New York Times reports that its members spent $25 million on the campaign in total.

The problems voters may have had with Issue 3 were best summed up by Case Western University School of Law professor Jonathan Adler in The Washington Post:

Issue 3 would create a marijuana "monopoly" (actually, an oligopoly) consisting of 10 producers who would have their exclusive rights to engage in the commercial production of marijuana enshrined in the state constitution. The campaign in support of Issue 3 — so-called Responsible Ohio — is predictably supported by those who would hold these exclusive rights. This is crony capitalism at its worst.

Pure crony capitalism. Ohio folk were right to vote that crap down.

Good stuff Stops. Thanks.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yeah, monopolies are taboo too....two to one was the margin of victory. Now the growers can go get a regular job. ...or buy a lottery ticket for their instant fortune..
They do not have to work ... if those 10 people can put up $25 million, they do not work in the normal sense and don't have too.

Maybe the government should put all those corn growers in other real productive jobs whose livelihood depends on the heavily subsidized gasohol industry.

rod

Retired 22 years
Everything seems to always boil down to the rich getting richer and the average Joe Schmuck getting crapped on. Someday..........................BOOM!

oldngray

nowhere special
It is funny to see all the experts scrambling to explain why the issue was defeated. It was always unlikely to pass. Even the pro marijuana people were mostly against it because of the details.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
Arizona has already legalized marijuana for medical purposes. The federal government tried to stop it, but apparently they weren't successful. However they do have one gotcha. Since the indian reservations are under federal control, the reservations don't recognize the legality of marijuana. If you get stopped on a reservation, you get arrested and lose your vehicle. Since there is a freeway here in the Phoenix area that passes through a reservtion, the tribal police will look for marijuana during the stop along this freeway.

As for using marijuana as an herbal medicine, I'm not sure if this is valid. I have used herbs before as a medicine and they do work. Herbs such as Feverfew and Skullcap to get rid of headaches and Hawthorne Berry to smooth out my heart beat.

As for dug use in general, I don't understand what would encourage people to do this to themselves. Although I do have a sister that uses drugs. In her case, she suffers from a mental disease, which probably has something to do with her use.