Marijuana the legalization of it?

Alcohol is known to kill brain cells but can you point to a scientific study that supports cannabis as killing brain cells?

Alcohol is known to be harmful as once in the digestion process, alcohol is changed into metabolites such as acetaldhyde which are toxic to the brain. This is the cause of hangovers as caused from large alcohol consumption.

With cannabis, the active compound is phytocannabinoids which affect specific receptors in the body. The human body also produces these cannabinoids and has it's own endocannabinoid system.

Our endocannabinoid system has 2 types of recepter, CB1 receptor is located in the brain and nervous system while CB2 is in the immune system. In the case of CB1, growing evidence in the area of seizures is supporting that cannabis in an oil state is proving a benefit in not just treatment of seizures but even reversing the brain condition causing the seizure. And in the case of Alzheimers, cannabis is showing with much promise.

In 2005', a study on prevention of Alzheimers by cannabinoids was published in The Journal of Neuroscience stating that evidence grows that cannabinoids "protect the brain."

Seems to me that if cannabis killed brain cells, such results as above would be impossible.

My thanks to Dr. Malik Burnett, surgeon and physican adovcate, resident physican at John Hopkins, former executive director of non profit medical marijuana organization.
So I should switch to weed?

Keenj

I love the smell.

I used to until I had a roommate that did nothing but smoke from the moment he woke up to the moment he went to bed. After smelling nothing but stale weed smoke for 9 months straight and spending a small fortune on cleaning products to get rid of the stale stench from the entire apartment after he moved out really turned me against pot.

I would really hate to use my VA loan on a nice house much closer to my center just to have to come home to a stank neighborhood because some burnout has decided to blow his trust fund on the house next door just so he smoke his life away.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I used to until I had a roommate that did nothing but smoke from the moment he woke up to the moment he went to bed. After smelling nothing but stale weed smoke for 9 months straight and spending a small fortune on cleaning products to get rid of the stale stench from the entire apartment after he moved out really turned me against pot.

I would really hate to use my VA loan on a nice house much closer to my center just to have to come home to a stank neighborhood because some burnout has decided to blow his trust fund on the house next door just so he smoke his life away.
You think someone smoking pot is going to stink up the whole neighborhood?
Sounds like you've got issues that have nothing to do with cannabis.

You think someone smoking pot is going to stink up the whole neighborhood?
Sounds like you've got issues that have nothing to do with cannabis.
The growing operations can stink it up depending on which way the wind blows. My guess would be about a mile away.

Alcohol is known to kill brain cells but can you point to a scientific study that supports cannabis as killing brain cells?

Alcohol is known to be harmful as once in the digestion process, alcohol is changed into metabolites such as acetaldhyde which are toxic to the brain. This is the cause of hangovers as caused from large alcohol consumption.

With cannabis, the active compound is phytocannabinoids which affect specific receptors in the body. The human body also produces these cannabinoids and has it's own endocannabinoid system.

Our endocannabinoid system has 2 types of recepter, CB1 receptor is located in the brain and nervous system while CB2 is in the immune system. In the case of CB1, growing evidence in the area of seizures is supporting that cannabis in an oil state is proving a benefit in not just treatment of seizures but even reversing the brain condition causing the seizure. And in the case of Alzheimers, cannabis is showing with much promise.

In 2005', a study on prevention of Alzheimers by cannabinoids was published in The Journal of Neuroscience stating that evidence grows that cannabinoids "protect the brain."

Seems to me that if cannabis killed brain cells, such results as above would be impossible.

My thanks to Dr. Malik Burnett, surgeon and physican adovcate, resident physican at John Hopkins, former executive director of non profit medical marijuana organization.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/heavy-teen-marijuana-use-may-cut-life-short-by-60/

newfie

time for baby to play the derail game. you poor thing , have a nice hissy fit

three derails from the baby and counting.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The larger operations use respirators when they sort and package the goods.
Lol.
The larger operations use ozone generators.

It's besides the point anyways. He said said the ONE thing that was stopping him from buying a house close to work was a cannabis smoker MIGHT move in next door and he didn't want to smell the smoke.

That's kind of crazy no?

newfie

time for baby to play the derail game. you poor thing , have a nice hissy fit

three derails from the baby and counting.

up to four derails now , is the little itty bitty Drive in done with his hissy fit or would he like to give me some more derailS?

and counting man its easy to get your goat.