Marijuana the legalization of it?

Lol.
The larger operations use ozone generators.

It's besides the point anyways. He said said the ONE thing that was stopping him from buying a house close to work was a cannabis smoker MIGHT move in next door and he didn't want to smell the smoke.

That's kind of crazy no?

O-zone generator masks? I guess they could be. I thought they used the o-zone generators in the growing areas. (Green houses, etc)

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
O-zone generator masks? I guess they could be. I thought they used the o-zone generators in the growing areas. (Green houses, etc)
Ya I'm referring to the ozone generators in the grow to neutralize the smell. I'm not sure what you're talking about with the masks, the guy who cuts my neighbors grass uses a mask, guess bermuda is toxic.

It's all way off topic here anyways. My response was not about grow houses. It was about someone who said they didn't want to live next door to someone who smoked weed because they didn't want to smell it.

That's his choice, I just think it's ridiculous. If someone told me they didn't want to move into a house because the neighbor cooked with charcoal and they didn't want to smell it... I'd call that crazy. No one's saying you don't have a right to be crazy like Newfie wants to derail this into a conversation about. But it's crazy none the less.

Ya I'm referring to the ozone generators in the grow to neutralize the smell. I'm not sure what you're talking about with the masks, the guy who cuts my neighbors grass uses a mask, guess bermuda is toxic.

It's all way off topic here anyways. My response was not about grow houses. It was about someone who said they didn't want to live next door to someone who smoked weed because they didn't want to smell it.

That's his choice, I just think it's ridiculous. If someone told me they didn't want to move into a house because the neighbor cooked with charcoal and they didn't want to smell it... I'd call that crazy. No one's saying you don't have a right to be crazy like Newfie wants to derail this into a conversation about. But it's crazy none the less.

I agree, it does seem crazy not to move somewhere because a neighbor might smoke pot in their home. My guess is, that the building isn't in the best area to start with.
But we have all delivered to a house and been over powered by their smell. Some make you feel high, and some make you feel sick.

MAKAVELI

I agree, it does seem crazy not to move somewhere because a neighbor might smoke pot in their home. My guess is, that the building isn't in the best area to start with.
But we have all delivered to a house and been over powered by their smell. Some make you feel high, and some make you feel sick.
Living in Cali I can tell you I've been to many houses where the customers smoke weed, but never stay long enough where it's been an issue. If you are feeling high because of any second hand smoke, you are either entering their home or sitting there chatting it up while they blow smoke in your face.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The freaking mothball smell kills me, always in the ghetto or the country for rats.... stings my nose it's so bad.

And I'll admit, the times when a kid answers the door in filthy clothes and you get a big whiff of ganja... I can't do anything but shake my head.

There's even industrial places I deliver to where the chemical smell is so overwhelming I'll leave with a headache after 5 minutes.... and people work there all day everyday without masks, I don't know how they do it.

I'll take a little skunk weed smell over all that any day.

moreluck

golden ticket member
David Alan Grier: Stopped Smoking Reefer....

I stopped smoking reefer because I started thinking, if great men throughout history had smoked reefer, no tellin what would have happened. Like if somebody like Martin Luther King Jr. had smoked reefer, he would have been giving speeches like, I had a dream, but the hell if I could remember what it was about. It was either about freedom or Fritos.

Keenj

You think someone smoking pot is going to stink up the whole neighborhood?
Sounds like you've got issues that have nothing to do with cannabis.

I deliver to houses in nice neighborhoods in Colorado that you can smell a long way off.

Have no problem with people who smoke, I have a problem with people who have no common courtesy to not let their habit drift on to my property. It'd be like your neighbor throwing his beer cans on your lawn but no matter what you do, there's always beer cans on your lawn.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I deliver to houses in nice neighborhoods in Colorado that you can smell a long way off.

Have no problem with people who smoke, I have a problem with people who have no common courtesy to not let their habit drift on to my property. It'd be like your neighbor throwing his beer cans on your lawn but no matter what you do, there's always beer cans on your lawn.
Do you ever fart outside of your own home?

542thruNthru

I rented a house for awhile where my neighbor smoked weed every single morning and night. It got to the point where I had to keep every window closed because my house started to smell of stale weed.

So I can see what the guy means. It's a strong smell and lingers for awhile. Also you brought up charcoal. I'm sure if every morning and night your neighbor was cooking with charcoal you'd really start to get annoyed by it but no one does that it's a once a week thing usually. So bad comparison.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I rented a house for awhile where my neighbor smoked weed every single morning and night. It got to the point where I had to keep every window closed because my house started to smell of stale weed.

So I can see what the guy means. It's a strong smell and lingers for awhile. Also you brought up charcoal. I'm sure if every morning and night your neighbor was cooking with charcoal you'd really start to get annoyed by it but no one does that it's a once a week thing usually. So bad comparison.
I like the smell of charcoal even more than the smell of ganja.
Good times... bottle that and sell it I'm buying.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I love the smell also but I would hate it after smelling it every day for a month.
I can understand that. Wouldn't keep me from buying a house though.

I once rented a house and the neighbor had a few bradford pear trees. I'm not sure if you're familiar with these trees, but they have a very specific smell that I won't go into detail about: (http://www.theawl.com/2013/04/this-spring-new-york-city-smells-much-less-like-sperm). Now I didn't like it, but I wouldn't let it stop me from buying a house if the neighbor had these trees.

I think some people are just bothered by these types of things more easily than others. To each his own, just don't make it about the neighbors, or cannabis, when the real issue is you and your preferences.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Don't buy in the South yet....

Friedpot.jpg