Meaningless Fluff

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Or you could put the Linux operating systems on there, there not too bad and probably a lot safer than windows operating system.

Linux and OS-X are both based on Unix.

If I were still running a Windows box, I'd probably load one of the variations of Linux.

But, OS-X is sooo user-friendly.

oldngray

nowhere special
Linux and OS-X are both based on Unix.

If I were still running a Windows box, I'd probably load one of the variations of Linux.

But, OS-X is sooo user-friendly.

Linux has the Unity desktop which is as big an abortion as Win 8 Metro in my opinion. The nice thing about Linux is its so customizable. KDE and Plasma desktops are pretty good.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
phils pc.jpg
I ran away from Windoze years ago, and have been happy ever since.

May cost a little more in the long run, but the peace of mind is priceless.
This is the one I built a while back and put in my media room.

oldngray

nowhere special
Apple stuff usually isn't junk like the windows based bs they sell in big box stores lol.

Some of the cheap big box stores will cut costs with cheap power supplies or use laptop motherboards in desktops. Some of the computers are still good but you need to be careful about what you buy.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Yeah ive had friends that wanted to buy pcs but I told them id build something better and lil cheaper.

And that, my friend, is the shiznit.

I saved a bunch of people a ton of cash by building clubs for them. They got just what they wanted for less money and I knew they were built right.