Mechanic talk

ducktape

My mechanic and I are a team. We take care of each other throughout the year. Last month he replaced my seat with a brand new one. Didn't realize what I was missing!!

ManInBrown

Tip my loader every Xmas. Whether he/she is good or not. The one I've had the last 3 years is great. Really cares. The previous one, got less but still got something. Tipping the mechanic...Ummm NO. Our morning mechanics are the biggest crybabies. Walking over after PCM for a little problem a few times a year. And every time you can see the tears are going to start flowing. The night shift a little better.

iamupser

Grease Monkey
We're all animals. We take care of everyone, but just like a dog you give treats to, he gives you a little better attention.

rod

Retired 22 years
I made a dam good living working at UPS---so did our mechanic. Neither one of us expected to be tipped. Now days most everybody has their friggin hand out. If they are well compensated (that's the key thing here) screw them--I'm not tipping. I tip waiters, bartenders and a few others (15 -20 %). I realize in some parts of the country UPS drivers expect to get tipped (seriously--- making 70K to over 100K a year and expect a tip?---get a life). There is a big difference between getting a tip and EXPECTING one. A UPS driver around here that EXPECTS a tip at Christmas or any other time is in for a big surprise. From my experience the whole tipping thing is more of a east coast thing---EVERYONE has their hand out there.

iamupser

Grease Monkey
Are you talking PC or trailer

Package car. We had a brand new 165xxx series 10 cube with the roof leaking on the driver side. I just used a nitrile glove and scooped some tar out of the 5 gallon bucket and went over the seams at the front of the roof and it's been ok ever since. Of course I went over it with brown paint the next day.