Mechanic talk

dragracer66

Our pension is in the toilet and on mandated life support. Last time I was told this was for the medical. Wish the meetings on this could be had at night so it were possible to actually attend.
Isn't your pension single employer funded? I'm in the IAM pension plan and we are 122% funded with a single employer fund. I thought all the IAM were like ours.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Isn't your pension single employer funded? I'm in the IAM pension plan and we are 122% funded with a single employer fund. I thought all the IAM were like ours.
Not here. Our pay rate now is like 31.75 with all the raise confiscations and other deductions. Been in rehab since 08.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Anybody else have your accounts with local suppliers put on cash-only basis because UPS Freight doesn't pay their bills? (in a timely fashion)

iamupser

Grease Monkey
The trailer shop was ordering diamond plate and was told we were on cash only. Supposedly it stems from the maintenance department not paying a bill. No matter, it's pretty pathetic and embarrassing that UPS is stiffing over local vendors.

Sounds like a UPS thing and not just a Freight thing.

rod

Retired 22 years
The trailer shop was ordering diamond plate and was told we were on cash only. Supposedly it stems from the maintenance department not paying a bill. No matter, it's pretty pathetic and embarrassing that UPS is stiffing over local vendors.

If they pay their bills like they deal with their employees it has to be a real cluster friend....

iamupser

Grease Monkey
When these managers get orders to trim the budget at any cost they took it quite literally. A lot of management has the attitude that UPS is Gods gift to vendor and they should be so lucky to have UPS as a customer. Similar to employee relations!

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Anybody else have your accounts with local suppliers put on cash-only basis because UPS Freight doesn't pay their bills? (in a timely fashion)

If they pay their bills like they deal with their employees it has to be a real cluster friend....

It's definitely a UPS thing. I have 2 close friends in that were vendors for us. Always got the run around, 120+ days to get paid.

rod

Retired 22 years
I see once again Dave has had a different experience with UPS when it comes to bill paying compared to what others go through. It must be wonderful living in the BOG.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

In our area we are current, it's just Freight that we are getting lumped in with.

Reallywhocares

We have the new system for a few months it is the most fustrating part of my day having to put entry's in and I have to constantly "recover the webpage". The old AIS is still on the computer so we use that instead even though we where warned not to use it. The supervisor tried have TSG remove the AIS icon from the computers but it's still there.

Reallywhocares

Anybody plagued with VT 365's these trucks are money maker's . Where I am they took all the 365's out of the 2 closest buildings and put them in ours half the shop is red tagged with these pieces of crap

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Anybody plagued with VT 365's these trucks are money maker's . Where I am they took all the 365's out of the 2 closest buildings and put them in ours half the shop is red tagged with these pieces of crap
I got stuck with a lot of them for the consolidation. Good thing breakdowns don't matter any more.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Love how now the new AIS times out without letting you know until halfway through a line. I'm getting blisters trying to keep my time card current.

ManInBrown

Slip mechanic cash or a sixpack occasional and they will take care of you. My mechanic is Vietnamese, I bribe/pay him in Ramen noodles.
No thanks. He can do his/her job without bribes. That's what they get paid to do. Another driver in my center told me one of the mechanics was mad no drivers tipped him at X-mas. LMAO. Are you kidding me? LMAO. I almost spit my breakfast out I was laughing so hard.