Michele Bachmans turn at the Stupid Wheel with Obama!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I find it strange that before Giffords there was no mention of "cross-hairs", targets and/or guns mentioned by the left as being a bad thing in the use of metaphors(in fact democrats also "targeted" certain regions and opposing candidates with targets on maps before the tea party did) . That's where the uproar started. Your statement of, "when will they learn" related directly to the aftermath of the tragedy of that day.

Oh and BTW, pot you misqouted Bachmann. Nowhere in the quote you posted did she mention guns.

Trip,

sometimes you make me just go ....HUH? Let me break it down to 3rd grade level and see if you can get it a third time.

She said in its entirety """I want people in Minnesota armed and dangerous on this issue of the energy tax because we need to fight back. Thomas Jefferson told us 'having a revolution every now and then is a good thing,' and the people -- we the people -- are going to have to fight back hard if we're not going to lose our country." -Rep. Rep. Michele Bachmann, March 2009""

Michele Bachman made a complex statement using 7 indicators:

1) She employs the people of Minnesota-
2) She demands that those people become ARMED and DANGEROUS
3) She uses the energy tax as the reason for 1 and 2
4) She misquotes Thomas Jefferson to validate 1,2 & 3
5) She repeats the employing of the people
6) She uses the term FIGHT BACK HARD
7) She purports that they are going to lose their country.

Now, she asks the people of minnesota to take up arms ( GUNS ) and then become Dangerous. This kind of rhetoric is dangerous and supports violence versus democracy which is what the founding fathers intended. This is an OPPOSITE position to the founding fathers. The founders were against the british empire and took up arms to break free of the king. The founders did not want to take up arms against each other for disagreements in politics.

She was addressing the "energy tax" or cap and trade as its referred to. She uses violent rhetoric to motivate her listeners as that seems to be the single largest hot button for right wing supporters.

To sustain her positions, she MIS QUOTES ( as i demonstrated ) Thomas Jefferson by replacing the word REBELLION with the word REVOLUTION.

Rebellion: Rebellion, uprising or insurrection, is a refusal of obedience or order. It may, therefore, be seen as encompassing a range of behaviors aimed at destroying or replacing an established authority such as a government or a head of state. On the one hand the forms of behaviour can include non-violent methods such as the (overlapping but not quite identical) phenomena of civil disobedience, civil resistance and nonviolent resistance.

Revolution:
A revolution (from the Latin revolutio, "a turn around") is a fundamental change in power or organizational structures that takes place in a relatively short period of time. Its use to refer to political change dates from the scientific revolution occasioned by Copernicus' famous De Revolutionibus Orbium Coelestium.[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][a][/SUP] Aristotle described two types of political revolution:
  1. Complete change from one constitution to another
  2. Modification of an existing constitution.

TRIP, I dont believe Thomas Jefferson was talking about replacing the constitution or modifying the constitution they just created. In his letter, Jefferson was talking about farmers and their disatisfaction with policies, but through negotiations a solution would be found. At no time, did Jefferson suggest that those farmers become ARMED and DANGEROUS in order to effect change.

It may only sound like a word to you, but they have meanings. Each meaning is different and carries different weight.

An example ( and its only an example for demonstration ) could be if I called you a maroon versus calling you uninformed. One carries more weight than the other.

The problem with the Tea Party is that they are all preaching this violent rhetoric using metaphors for guns and the founding fathers in the same sentences.

Guns, Gods and Gimmicks or the 3 G's are the battlecry for Tea Party followers.

If you mention any one of these things, the tea party faithful will hang on every word.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This sez it all.

TeaPartyLikesFoxNews.jpg

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Michele Bachman is turning out to be a clone of Sarah Palin with recollections of this nations history.

MANCHESTER, N.H. — Michele Bachmann’s suggestion Saturday that the Revolutionary War began in Concord, N.H., rather than Lexington and Concord, Mass., marks the third time in recent months that the potential GOP presidential hopeful has committed a puzzling gaffe about history and current affairs.
Making her first trek to New Hampshire as a 2012 prospect, Bachmann told a GOP crowd in Manchester: “You’re the state where the shot was heard around the world at Lexington and Concord.”

Story:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/51179.html

She cant remember history accurately and its no wonder the freshman in high school demands a debate with her. To date, Bachman has refused to debate the teenager.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
She should have just said it was in the 57th state.

When Obama made that statement, he was addressing those republicans that voted for him, he knew since tea party people have a strange recollection of historical events, they may truly believe there were 57 states.

Sometimes, you just have to dumb it down for folks on the right.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Quit making up excuses for that poor excuse for a president. His speaking without 'gear' is dumb enough and perfect for all his liberal kool-aid drinking followers.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
When Obama made that statement, he was addressing those republicans that voted for him, he knew since tea party people have a strange recollection of historical events, they may truly believe there were 57 states.

Sometimes, you just have to dumb it down for folks on the right.

Peace.

May 9, 2008 At a campaign event in Beaverton, OR, bhos claimed to have visited 57 U.S. states during the campaign.
TEA Party Started April 15, 2009.

So would you care to clarify your post ?

av8torntn

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. ~Thomas Jefferson

Trip,

sometimes you make me just go ....HUH? Let me break it down to 3rd grade level and see if you can get it a third time.

She said in its entirety """I want people in Minnesota armed and dangerous on this issue of the energy tax because we need to fight back. Thomas Jefferson told us 'having a revolution every now and then is a good thing,' and the people -- we the people -- are going to have to fight back hard if we're not going to lose our country." -Rep. Rep. Michele Bachmann, March 2009""

Michele Bachman
made a complex statement using 7 indicators:

1) She employs the people of Minnesota-
2) She demands that those people become ARMED and DANGEROUS
3) She uses the energy tax as the reason for 1 and 2
4) She misquotes Thomas Jefferson to validate 1,2 & 3
5) She repeats the employing of the people
6) She uses the term FIGHT BACK HARD
7) She purports that they are going to lose their country.

Now, she asks the people of minnesota to take up arms ( GUNS ) and then become Dangerous. This kind of rhetoric is dangerous and supports violence versus democracy which is what the founding fathers intended. This is an OPPOSITE position to the founding fathers. The founders were against the british empire and took up arms to break free of the king. The founders did not want to take up arms against each other for disagreements in politics.

She was addressing the "energy tax" or cap and trade as its referred to. She uses violent rhetoric to motivate her listeners as that seems to be the single largest hot button for right wing supporters.

To sustain her positions, she MIS QUOTES ( as i demonstrated ) Thomas Jefferson by replacing the word REBELLION with the word REVOLUTION.

Rebellion: Rebellion, uprising or insurrection, is a refusal of obedience or order. It may, therefore, be seen as encompassing a range of behaviors aimed at destroying or replacing an established authority such as a government or a head of state. On the one hand the forms of behaviour can include non-violent methods such as the (overlapping but not quite identical) phenomena of civil disobedience, civil resistance and nonviolent resistance.

Revolution:
A revolution (from the Latin revolutio, "a turn around") is a fundamental change in power or organizational structures that takes place in a relatively short period of time. Its use to refer to political change dates from the scientific revolution occasioned by Copernicus' famous De Revolutionibus Orbium Coelestium.[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][a][/SUP] Aristotle described two types of political revolution:
  1. Complete change from one constitution to another
  2. Modification of an existing constitution.[SUP][2][/SUP]

TRIP, I dont believe Thomas Jefferson was talking about replacing the constitution or modifying the constitution they just created. In his letter, Jefferson was talking about farmers and their disatisfaction with policies, but through negotiations a solution would be found. At no time, did Jefferson suggest that those farmers become ARMED and DANGEROUS in order to effect change.

It may only sound like a word to you, but they have meanings. Each meaning is different and carries different weight.

An example ( and its only an example for demonstration ) could be if I called you a maroon versus calling you uninformed. One carries more weight than the other.

The problem with the Tea Party is that they are all preaching this violent rhetoric using metaphors for guns and the founding fathers in the same sentences.

Guns, Gods and Gimmicks or the 3 G's are the battlecry for Tea Party followers.

If you mention any one of these things, the tea party faithful will hang on every word.

Peace.
Nice twissssssst Ms Checker. If you really believe that Backmann was calling for people to use guns in literally fighting the government or the democratic party on ANY issue, you have overdosed on ignorance of metaphors. This is just another excuse for you to rant about conservatives in general and the tea party specifically. Your hated manifests itself in the strangest of avenues.

BTW, of all the videos and news covering of any TP gathering, I have yet to see even one gun, have you seen any? Didn't think so.

klein

Für Meno :)
BTW, of all the videos and news covering of any TP gathering, I have yet to see even one gun, have you seen any? Didn't think so.

TOS will have a freud on that statement.
You should have googled it before you posted that one !
Good luck to you ! LMAO !

What makes you think that ? Remember his tread "You know you want to see me ?" He posted him and his wife was in the audience !
If you go back and look, the term used was "girlfriend", which would not give any clear indication to TOS's gender.

I don't know for sure, but have been told by more than one person that TOS is a female, thus the reason I use she, her etc. Now if TOS is a male and objects to the feminine terms I use, he/she is welcome to make it known.

wkmac

I don't know for sure, but have been told by more than one person that TOS is a female, thus the reason I use she, her etc. Now if TOS is a male and objects to the feminine terms I use, he/she is welcome to make it known.

TOS being female goes way back before you and many others were around BC and it's a conspiracy theory with long legs that extend back to 2 paranoid BCers who got in the middle of a fight, agitated it to full nuclear and then screamed like hell when the bombs started blowing up in their face. They didn't deserve what they got but then you don't keep flicking the head of a rattlesnake and then act shocked and cry foul when you finally get bit!

For my own reasons, at this time I have no reason to believe the old Susie/TOS is the same as our current TOS who joined in 2008'. If in fact it is that Susie/TOS and this person was allowed back in, IMHO it is the correcting of a wrong. It's not that the old Susie/TOS didn't deserve being punted to the curb but there were 2 other players in that whole game who IMO at the very least should have been shown the door for timeout. I think it would have been a wake-up call and prevented a lot of unneeded drama on this website later.

That's my peace on the matter!