Michele Bachmans turn at the Stupid Wheel with Obama!

bbsam

Staff member
Actually I am certain that what you said was false. BTW good job on being a good little dimocrat and trying to place blame on someone else for your untrue statements. I also consider you short-sighted by seeking temporary comfort by giving up long term freedom.
You can't be certain that it is false because the law is not yet in effect. Nice try.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
No surprise here, he did the same thing with another of his songs with GWB. I don't why people don't clear the use of songs before hand. Although, if I were a song writer I think I would welcome it as long as they paid the royalties.

The artists involved do not accept the principles that the candidates stand for. In most cases, those artists involved prohibit republicans from song use. Sarah Palin and the McCain campaign was sued by the Group "Heart" for using their copyrighted song "BARACUDA" during the 2008 campaign. The group who opposed both Sarah Palin and McCain did not want their material connected to either candidate.

Rush limbaugh has been sued by many artists for his use of songs without permission. Rush's theme song that is mostly played ( Pretenders "my city is gone") is a song from a liberal activist. Chrissy Hynd sued LImbaugh after he said he was going to use the environmentalists/animal activist song and make fun of it on the air. After being sued, Limbaugh stopped using the song. Later, Limbaugh contacted Hynd and made an agreement to donate 100K to PETA and stop making fun of the organization.

Michele Bachmans use of Petty's song was quickly slapped down by the artist.

Peace.

av8torntn

You can't be certain that it is false because the law is not yet in effect. Nice try.

Wrong again you, as a fedex ground driver, are eligible for multiple government subsidies. There is a huge one you are eligible for under a bill that was signed into law a couple years ago.

bbsam

Staff member
Wrong again you, as a fedex ground driver, are eligible for multiple government subsidies. There is a huge one you are eligible for under a bill that was signed into law a couple years ago.
Thought we were speaking of Obamacare. But go on. You have my undivided attention on this.

The artists involved do not accept the principles that the candidates stand for. In most cases, those artists involved prohibit republicans from song use. Sarah Palin and the McCain campaign was sued by the Group "Heart" for using their copyrighted song "BARACUDA" during the 2008 campaign. The group who opposed both Sarah Palin and McCain did not want their material connected to either candidate.

Rush limbaugh has been sued by many artists for his use of songs without permission. Rush's theme song that is mostly played ( Pretenders "my city is gone") is a song from a liberal activist. Chrissy Hynd sued LImbaugh after he said he was going to use the environmentalists/animal activist song and make fun of it on the air. After being sued, Limbaugh stopped using the song. Later, Limbaugh contacted Hynd and made an agreement to donate 100K to PETA and stop making fun of the organization.

Michele Bachmans use of Petty's song was quickly slapped down by the artist.

Peace.
DOH Mr. Obvious

moreluck

golden ticket member
michele-bachmann-flake.jpg

In no way am I defending the pledge or Bachmann's pandering to this group but the statement of:
"No peer-reviewed empirical science or rational demonstration has ever definitively proven, nor has even shown an overwhelming probability that homosexual preference or behavior is irresistible as a function of genetic determination or other forms of fatalism,"
is a correct statement. However there are studies that indicate that some females who exhibit "tom boyish" traits do have a higher level of testosterone than those who are more feminine. The scientist doing the study said that the results didn't indicate any proof but gave them a direction for further study. I unaware of any further studies on the subject(if anyone has, I would be interested in reading them). IMO, this would be a better place to invest money than the mating habits of the tree frog or some of the other ridiculous grants given out. I have no doubt that some homosexuals are "born that way" or that some become attracted to the same gender by environmental situations, however neither way has ever been proven by science. I can not fathom why any person would make a decision to be homosexual. the life that they would be "choosing" is a hard life filled with negatives and few positives.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
[video=youtube;X9L9DAL__Kk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9L9DAL__Kk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

interviewer: as the unemployment rate goes up your chances of winning office also go up?

Bachmann: well that could be, again I hope so, my candidacy is one that I'm presenting to be a job creator....

:sick:

wkmac

In no way am I defending the pledge or Bachmann's pandering to this group but the statement of: is a correct statement. However there are studies that indicate that some females who exhibit "tom boyish" traits do have a higher level of testosterone than those who are more feminine. The scientist doing the study said that the results didn't indicate any proof but gave them a direction for further study. I unaware of any further studies on the subject(if anyone has, I would be interested in reading them). IMO, this would be a better place to invest money than the mating habits of the tree frog or some of the other ridiculous grants given out. I have no doubt that some homosexuals are "born that way" or that some become attracted to the same gender by environmental situations, however neither way has ever been proven by science.

I ca
n not fathom why any person would make a decision to be homosexual. the life that they would be "choosin" is a hard life filled with negatives and few positives.

It's is because in spite of all the negatives and the hard life that they still choose this life makes me really wonder that there is something biological going on here.

On investing in research, if you mean using public money, no, absolutely not. Not for this, tree frogs or anything else. Private money, yes, very good and worthwhile effort in order to understand our world. I'd like to see more done in the area of Corp. support where efforts beyond the United Way method could approach corp/business employee direct for payroll contributions to a much larger array of causes. But then what if that approach seemed more beneficial to all than the typical method of going to Washington, pumping in lobby money or some other gratis in exchange for gov't handouts and thus people and organization began to abandon the gov't method?
:surprised:

Could the whole game be far more rigged than we realize?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
]
And that is your opinion and that's all it is. so?
BTW, this isn't my opinion, it's a fact.

Here are some quotes for you, YOUR Michelle Bachmann is a racist, bigoted and homophobe ( and her husband is a closet homo, interestingly enough)

Here are Michele Bachmann’s top ten anti-​gay statements:

“It’s part of Satan I think to say that this is “gay.” It’s anything but gay.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.

“If you’re involved in the gay and lesbian lifestyle, it’s bondage. It is personal bondage, personal despair and personal enslavement.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.

“You have a teacher talking about his gayness. (The elementary school student) goes home then and says “Mom! What’s gayness? We had a teacher talking about this today.” The mother says

“Well, that’s when a man likes other men, and they don’t like girls.” The boy’s eight. He’s thinking,

“Hmm. I don’t like girls. I like boys. Maybe I’m gay.” And you think, “Oh, that’s, that’s way out there. The kid isn’t gonna think that.” Are you kidding? That happens all the time. You don’t think that this is intentional, the message that’s being given to these kids? That’s child abuse.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.

“Don’t misunderstand. I am not here bashing people who are homosexuals, who are lesbians, who are bisexual, who are transgender. We need to have profound compassion for people who are dealing with the very real issue of sexual dysfunction in their life and sexual identity disorders.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, on homosexuality as a mental disorder, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.

“It isn’t that some gay will get some rights. It’s that everyone else in our state will lose rights. For instance, parents will lose the right to protect and direct the upbringing of their children. Because our K-​12 public school system, of which ninety per cent of all youth are in the public school system, they will be required to learn that homosexuality is normal, equal and perhaps you should try it. And that will occur immediately, that all schools will begin teaching homosexuality.” – Senator Michele Bachmann, on what will happen if her same-​sex marriage ban amendment fails to pass in 2004, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News,” hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-​AM, March 6, 2004

“This is a very serious matter, because it is our children who are the prize for this community, they are specifically targeting our children.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, on the gay community and same-​sex marriage, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS980-​AM, March 20, 2004.

“The sex curriculum will be essentially by taught by the local gay community.”— Senator Michele Bachmann, if her same-​sex marriage ban amendment does not pass in 2004, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-​AM, March 20, 2004.

“And what a bizarre time we’re in, Jan, when a judge will say to little children that you can’t say the pledge of allegiance, but you must learn that homosexuality is normal and you should try it.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell,KKMS 980-​AM, March 6, 2004.

“Our children will be forced to learn that homosexuality is normal and natural and that perhaps they should try it, and that’ll be very soon in our public schools all across the state, beginning in kindergarten.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS980-​AM, March 6, 2004.

“We are wide open and vulnerable and in all likelihood an activist judge will strike down our Defense of Marriage Act, our state law against gay marriage, this year. And in all likelihood, we will have gay marriage in 2004 in Minnesota , if we don’t get this amendment on the ballot for November.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-​AM, March 20, 2004.

Here’s a bonus one:

“This is not about hating homosexuals. I don’t. I love homosexuals.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-​AM, March 20, 2004.

]

Here are some quotes for you, YOUR Michelle Bachmann is a racist, bigoted and homophobe ( and her husband is a closet homo, interestingly enough)

Here are Michele Bachmann’s top ten anti-​gay statements:

“It’s part of Satan I think to say that this is “gay.” It’s anything but gay.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.

“If you’re involved in the gay and lesbian lifestyle, it’s bondage. It is personal bondage, personal despair and personal enslavement.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.

“You have a teacher talking about his gayness. (The elementary school student) goes home then and says “Mom! What’s gayness? We had a teacher talking about this today.” The mother says

“Well, that’s when a man likes other men, and they don’t like girls.” The boy’s eight. He’s thinking,

“Hmm. I don’t like girls. I like boys. Maybe I’m gay.” And you think, “Oh, that’s, that’s way out there. The kid isn’t gonna think that.” Are you kidding? That happens all the time. You don’t think that this is intentional, the message that’s being given to these kids? That’s child abuse.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.

“Don’t misunderstand. I am not here bashing people who are homosexuals, who are lesbians, who are bisexual, who are transgender. We need to have profound compassion for people who are dealing with the very real issue of sexual dysfunction in their life and sexual identity disorders.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, on homosexuality as a mental disorder, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.

“It isn’t that some gay will get some rights. It’s that everyone else in our state will lose rights. For instance, parents will lose the right to protect and direct the upbringing of their children. Because our K-​12 public school system, of which ninety per cent of all youth are in the public school system, they will be required to learn that homosexuality is normal, equal and perhaps you should try it. And that will occur immediately, that all schools will begin teaching homosexuality.” – Senator Michele Bachmann, on what will happen if her same-​sex marriage ban amendment fails to pass in 2004, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News,” hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-​AM, March 6, 2004

“This is a very serious matter, because it is our children who are the prize for this community, they are specifically targeting our children.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, on the gay community and same-​sex marriage, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS980-​AM, March 20, 2004.

“The sex curriculum will be essentially by taught by the local gay community.”— Senator Michele Bachmann, if her same-​sex marriage ban amendment does not pass in 2004, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-​AM, March 20, 2004.

“And what a bizarre time we’re in, Jan, when a judge will say to little children that you can’t say the pledge of allegiance, but you must learn that homosexuality is normal and you should try it.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell,KKMS 980-​AM, March 6, 2004.

“Our children will be forced to learn that homosexuality is normal and natural and that perhaps they should try it, and that’ll be very soon in our public schools all across the state, beginning in kindergarten.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS980-​AM, March 6, 2004.

“We are wide open and vulnerable and in all likelihood an activist judge will strike down our Defense of Marriage Act, our state law against gay marriage, this year. And in all likelihood, we will have gay marriage in 2004 in Minnesota , if we don’t get this amendment on the ballot for November.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-​AM, March 20, 2004.

Here’s a bonus one:

“This is not about hating homosexuals. I don’t. I love homosexuals.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-​AM, March 20, 2004.

First of all, the quote from me you posted has nothing to do with Bachmann being a racist, bigoted or homophobic. That statement was specifically said about your opinion being presented as a fact.

Second, she is not MY Michelle Bachmann, I challenge you to show where I ever claimed that she was my idea of a good candidate for PoUS.

Third, what proof do you have that her husband is a closet homo? (BTW, are you aware that most gay people HATE the term homo?)

Fourth, if this list of comments is supposed to prove that Bachmann is anti-gay, you fail. What those statements DO indicate is that she is anti-teaching of the gay life style in public school. Regardless, what makes you think that she has to be pro-gay? Is there any law that says she or anyone else has to embrace and celebrate homosexuality?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You made a post a while back asking for proof that she was a homophobic, racist and bigoted person. I do not really want to dig through 18 pages of this thread to find it.

You made a post a while back asking for proof that she was a homophobic, racist and bigoted person. I do not really want to dig through 18 pages of this thread to find it.

And you have yet to provide that proof. She never mentioned any race in your one attempt. Everyone is bigoted in some manner. You're bigoted against republicans, I'm bigoted against 0bama and the majority of democrats.
The only statement in the list you did post that even sounded anti-gay was :
“If you’re involved in the gay and lesbian lifestyle, it’s bondage. It is personal bondage, personal despair and personal enslavement.” .
However in a way it is true in a way. Being involved in a gay relationship puts many of them in a position where they have no where to turn for support and personal despair. I can see that being a loose type of bondage on a personal level. That is one reason why the suicide rate is pretty high for homosexuals.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Michele Bachmans flaming husband will get outed before the primary. They always do.

Bachman will find out the hard way what being a homophobe in public and accepting it in private will feel like.

Arianna Huffington knows all too well how that feels. As a republican, she married Michael Huffington, a rising star in california politics. She helped him campaign for the house and he won the seat by a huge margin. She set her sights on the senate for michael and during that campaign, it was revealed that he was gay. He lost the seat, was outed by several men and arianna divorced him.

She went on to start her own political ideology and the Huffington Post.

Bachman will travel this same road. Its all too familiar.

Peace.

Michele Bachmans flaming husband will get outed before the primary. They always do.

Bachman will find out the hard way what being a homophobe in public and accepting it in private will feel like.

Arianna Huffington knows all too well how that feels. As a republican, she married Michael Huffington, a rising star in california politics. She helped him campaign for the house and he won the seat by a huge margin. She set her sights on the senate for michael and during that campaign, it was revealed that he was gay. He lost the seat, was outed by several men and arianna divorced him.

She went on to start her own political ideology and the Huffington Post.

Bachman will travel this same road. Its all too familiar.

Peace.
First Sleeve now you...where is the proof of Mr. Bachmann's homosexuality?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
How come you didn't use the word "flaming" when you were talking about same sex marriages in N.Y. You're busted !!!

Moreluck,

All humans have characterizations whether or not they are straight or gay. Straight people have many more characterizations than gay people. "tough guy", " loser" , "wimpy", "geek", "girlie man", "bitch". "whore", "girlie girl", "slut"......

There is no end to the examples. Gay people have theirs as well. "Flaming" characterizes one type of gay person. Karl Roves Father was considered "FLAMING" in his time. That isnt my term for him, but the term assigned to him at the time for his own actions.

Liberace was considered FLAMING and he made it popular. Liberace wore the label with pride. Rock Hudson was not flaming, but a quiet gay man. Doogie Houser is another quiet gay man.

Marcus Bachman is a flaming closet homosexual. Tough, when your married to a right wing zealot who has to purport a homophobic attitude in public.

People marry for many reasons. Why Michele Bachman chose a gay man was her decision, whats also her decision is to keep portraying the denial.

The Huffington curse will get her too.

Peace.