Michelle Obama

MAKAVELI

So you get hit & killed by a bus at 66 7/8 years of age. You could've been collecting S.S. since age 62.....but with your guy's way, you never see a dime. That' a real winner you have there.
Because that's exactly what that man's family is thinking when he gets hit by that bus. :confused:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You do realize that there are democrats in RED states?
90% of people in these trailers consider themselves Democrats.

Theres a giant "DUH" from you. If they were democrats Hoax, they wouldnt vote and become RED STATES.

There is a reason they are RED STATES HOAX... they vote YOUR way and TAKE most of the welfare and handouts from the government.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Does a 62 yr old individual who has worked their whole life, have more right to social security that they have paid into while working, or, a 25-35 yr old unemployed scab that has made a career off entitlements????

We have no idea if this Particular 60 something person EVER worked a minute in their life. But , lets give them what they paid in without adjustments for inflation. Why TAKE more than they put in if they hate TAKERS?

TOS.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Theres a giant "DUH" from you. If they were democrats Hoax, they wouldnt vote and become RED STATES.

There is a reason they are RED STATES HOAX... they vote YOUR way and TAKE most of the welfare and handouts from the government.

TOS.
This is just gibberish, I'm not even going to try and figure out what you meant so I can respond to it.

M

MenInBrown

We have no idea if this Particular 60 something person EVER worked a minute in their life. But , lets give them what they paid in without adjustments for inflation. Why TAKE more than they put in if they hate TAKERS?

TOS.
But we know the 25-35 yr old is a taker

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Going back to when you should start taking SS----that is a personal decision based upon your personal financial situation.

I will have zero debt when I retire. My projected pension will be $5K/month (less 16% and taxes) with a net closer to $4K/month. I have $100K in my 401k as to today and project a balance of $200K upon retirement, which I will roll over to my Edward Jones account. I will delay taking SS until I turn 67 and will have it direct deposited with an immediate transfer to my EJ account. My plan is to live off of my pension and to use the earnings from my EJ account to enjoy my retirement.

"Live for today as you never know what tomorrow will bring" may be true but only a fool spends for today without planning for tomorrow.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Mooch-Move.jpg

island1fox

Going back to when you should start taking SS----that is a personal decision based upon your personal financial situation.

I will have zero debt when I retire. My projected pension will be $5K/month (less 16% and taxes) with a net closer to $4K/month. I have $100K in my 401k as to today and project a balance of $200K upon retirement, which I will roll over to my Edward Jones account. I will delay taking SS until I turn 67 and will have it direct deposited with an immediate transfer to my EJ account. My plan is to live off of my pension and to use the earnings from my EJ account to enjoy my retirement.

"Live for today as you never know what tomorrow will bring" may be true but only a fool spends for today without planning for tomorrow.

Upstate,

I fully respect people that work hard and plan for their retirement.
I fear you are a dying breed.
In retirement you will have to time do and enjoy many things.

I recently took an opportunity to attend a "Retirement Seminar" even though I have been retired for a few years--just to make sure I had planned everything correctly.

The Seminar of course was run by a financial investment firm --with things to sell.

1. I learned that I had planned very well for my retirement --that your plan starts with your first day worked --not your last.

2. There was nothing there they could sell me -- from the financial firm -many of them being fairly young admired the position I am in --and they learned something from me !!

3. It was extremely sad to see "older" takers at the seminar --there was free lunch --but as they found out that was all they would receive.--they have made their beds and depend on Obama and the Democrats to keep them in it.
Many did not work --or they worked "off the books" because they thought they knew how to beat the system.

Now in the winter of their lives --with spring ,summer and fall gone --it will be a cold one --like a prisoner or slave --depending on government for basic food , shelter and healthcare.

Not lives well lived !!!:sad2::sad2::sad2:

Congrats again on your planning ---as More pointed out --things will pop up --but you will be in a much better position than most ---Hard work and Planning --still pays off in this country !!