Michelle Obama

MichelleObama_0.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
Becoming a UPS driver was not even on my radar. The plan was to move in to a corporate position upon my discharge from the Air Force. I sent out numerous resumes (yes, back then we had to physically send them out) and received zero responses. I had a young family to care for and the UPS gig fell in to my lap.

The government paid for 90% of my college.

What you call a waste of time and money I call a personal accomplishment.

Why didn't anyone want an easy going pleasant fellow like you?

newfie

No. I'm saying indentured servitude is not generational slavery. There never were 'Irish slaves'.

I'm also saying you aren't that bright.

You would have to have a brain to be a valued judge of intelligence.

you denied the existence of the irish slave then back pedaled when confronted with reality. while you lack intelligence your back pedal has a modicum of value.

Sportello

You would have to have a brain to be a valued judge of intelligence.

you denied the existence of the irish slave then back pedaled when confronted with reality. .
You can't seem to keep a thought straight in that twisted mind of yours. Irish slaves are a myth. They never existed.

while you lack intelligence your back pedal has a modicum of value.

You project your own shortcomings on others.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Irish Slaves – What The History Books Will Never Tell You

Did you know that more Irish slaves were sold in the 17th century than black slaves? With a staggering death rate between 37% to 50%, this is the story the history books will not tell you.
The first slaves imported into the American colonies were 100 White children. They arrived during Easter, 1619, four months before the arrival of a the first shipment of Black slaves. Mainstream histories refer to these laborers as indentured servants, not slaves, because many agreed to work for a set period of time in exchange for land and rights.
Yet in reality, indenture was enslavement, since slavery applies to any person who is bought and sold, chained and abused, whether for a decade or a lifetime. Many white people died long before their indenture ended or found that no court would back them when their owners failed to deliver on promises. Tens of thousands of convicts, beggars, homeless children and other undesirable English, Scottish, and Irish lower class were transported to America against their will to the Americas on slave ships. YES SLAVE SHIPS.

MAKAVELI

Irish Slaves – What The History Books Will Never Tell You

Did you know that more Irish slaves were sold in the 17th century than black slaves? With a staggering death rate between 37% to 50%, this is the story the history books will not tell you.
The first slaves imported into the American colonies were 100 White children. They arrived during Easter, 1619, four months before the arrival of a the first shipment of Black slaves. Mainstream histories refer to these laborers as indentured servants, not slaves, because many agreed to work for a set period of time in exchange for land and rights.
Yet in reality, indenture was enslavement, since slavery applies to any person who is bought and sold, chained and abused, whether for a decade or a lifetime. Many white people died long before their indenture ended or found that no court would back them when their owners failed to deliver on promises. Tens of thousands of convicts, beggars, homeless children and other undesirable English, Scottish, and Irish lower class were transported to America against their will to the Americas on slave ships. YES SLAVE SHIPS.
Cool story bro.
How the Myth of the "Irish slaves" Became a Favorite Meme of Racists Online