Michelle Obama

Babagounj

Strength through joy
"And I hear the passion and determination in his voice. He says, ‘You won’t believe what folks are going through, Michelle.’ That’s what he tells me. He says, ‘It’s not right. We have so many more countries to vacation in.’”

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"And I hear the passion and determination in his voice. He says, ‘You won’t believe what folks are going through, Michelle.’ That’s what he tells me. He says, ‘It’s not right. We have so many more countries to vacation in.’”

Let's be fair here---we all see those who are less fortunate than us throughout our day, whether it be homeless people, bottle boys, kids walking around outside with only a diaper on, etc., and then we all go home to our nice homes and look forward to a nice meal and a comfortable bed. Much like the President, there is only so much we can do to change this social injustice.

I will tell you that when I am having a bad day all it takes is to see an old man pushing a shopping cart looking for bottles and cans to put life back in to perspective for me.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Alas those are images that I do not see.
except for the people pushing carts overloaded with bags of cans, who if you see where they live and the luxury sitting in their driveways , it makes you wonder what other scams they are involved in.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Shameless fear mongering.

Via Keith Koffler:
In a chilling appraisal of President Obama’s Republican opposition, First Lady Michelle Obama Thursday suggested a Republican victory in the 2012 presidential election would result in curbs on freedom of speech and religion.
Speaking at a fundraiser at a private residence in Tampa, Mrs. Obama noted the power of the president to appoint members of the Supreme Court. She clearly indicated that a Republican would select justices who would attack basic First Amendment rights, saying, “that’s what’s at stake” in the election.
From the White House transcript:
Let’s not forget about what it meant when my husband appointed those two brilliant Supreme Court justices — (applause) — and for the first time in history, our daughters — and our sons — watched three women take their seats on our nation’s highest court. (Applause.) But more importantly, let’s not forget the impact those decisions will have on our lives for decades to come — on our privacy and security, on whether we can speak freely, worship openly, and love whomever we choose. That is what’s at stake here. (Applause.)
Mrs. Obama’s contention that Republican justices would curtail people’s abilities to “love whomever we choose” appears to suggest Republicans would go beyond opposition to gay marriage and move to limit gay relationships.

moreluck

golden ticket member
[h=2]Michelle Obama’s Food Police Makes Another Bust: My Kids French Fries…[/h]Took my boys to McDonald’s for lunch today, being 6 and 3 they always order Happy Meals, here’s a pic of the new french fries portion. This picture does it no justice, it’s minuscule, my wife and I burst out laughing when we saw them. It’s less than half what it used to be.

And at the end of it did they eat fewer fries? No, they ate ours after devouring theirs in less than a minute, shockingly, we couldn’t get them to eat the apple slices that are now included.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Michelle "O"

Maybe she wants to be the most important "O"; step aside Barack & Oprah.

This is my anger with Michelle.
At the DNC, she spoke about her father.
Michelle indicated how he fought the BEAST MS.

She has done NOTHING to bring awareness to MS.

Now....if Mitt is the RNC candidate.
I expect AWARENESS will become a Michelle priority.

First, I am glad AWARENESS will come to the forefront of "causes".

What does Michelle have in common with Mitt?

Both are witness to MS.
Both have verifiable experience watching a loved one struggle with the devastating world of MS.

Michelle's Father
Mitt's Wife.

This is my anger...if Michelle pulls the MS Card and deals it.

menotyou

bella amicizia
AJ, empty your inbox, please.

I had no ides Michelle's dad had MS. Which, in and of itself, is horrible. Why she has chosen obesity(while obama wolfs down fries) over MS is reprehensible. I never really had an opinion in her one way or another. Now, it is firmly placed. She is a hypocrite.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
"...My dad was our rock. And although he was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in his early 30s, he was our provider. He was our champion, our hero. But as he got sicker, it got harder for him to walk. It took him longer to get dressed in the morning.

You know, but if he was in pain, he never let on. He never stopped smiling and laughing, even while struggling to button his shirt, even while using two canes to get himself across the room to give my mom a kiss. He just woke up a little earlier, and he worked a little harder."

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
michelle-obama-time-2009.jpg

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Nascar must be really hard up !!!

Michelle to Serve as NASCAR Grand Marshal[/h]by Keith Koffler on November 11, 2011, 10:39 am

The White House is dispatching Michelle Obama to serve as Grand Marshal of the Nov. 20 season-ending NASCAR Ford 400, a move that seems clearly designed to woo NASCAR voters while also burnishing the first lady’s credentials as a regular gal.

Mrs. Obama, who has incurred some bad publicity for taking luxurious jaunts to South Africa and Spain while often being photographed in expensive clothing and accoutrements, has lately been spotted shopping at Target and hanging out at the baseball park, attending the first game of the World Series.

The NASCAR appearance is billed as part of the first lady’s “Joining Forces” initiative for military families, and Mrs. Obama’s Joining Forces co-chair, “Second Lady” Dr. Jill Biden, will also serve as Grand Marshal.

The Ford 400 is held at Homestead-Miami Speedway in Homestead, Florida. Florida is perhaps the most critical presidential battleground state in the country.

But Mrs. Obama’s presence at one of the biggest NASCAR events of the year will surely be noticed throughout the region where the sport if popular, which includes many other critical swing states like Ohio, North Carolina, Virginia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Missouri and Missouri.
Indeed, the “NASCAR vote” has taken a place alongside “soccer moms” as a coveted demographic for presidential candidates.
According to a White House statement, the NASCAR organization will itself participate in the Joining Forces initiative
As part of the season-ending NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship race, NASCAR will rally its millions of fans at the speedway and online to serve military families through the holiday season by asking them to visit NASCAR Unites - Home and JoiningForces.gov to find service opportunities and ideas to give back to those who serve our country.
The crowd at the Ford 400 will include some 5,000 active duty and retired military personnel, according to the White House. Military families will get a BBQ lunch where Mrs. Obama and Dr. Biden will deliver remarks, along with NASCAR officials and drivers.