Michelle Obama

menotyou

bella amicizia
Just kidding, Dave. BTW, until you reach maximum medical improvement, there is no settlement. Considering I have a major spinal surgery scheduled for January 10th, I would venture to guess that I have not reached maximum medical improvement. But, since you are the resident know-it-all, I would assume you know a lot more than I do, even though it has been my life for almost 4 years. But, hey, I'm sure you know all on this subject, too.

Just kidding, Dave. BTW, until you reach maximum medical improvement, there is no settlement. Considering I have a major spinal surgery scheduled for January 10th, I would venture to guess that I have not reached maximum medical improvement. But, since you are the resident know-it-all, I would assume you know a lot more than I do, even though it has been my life for almost 4 years. But, hey, I'm sure you know all on this subject, too.

Just don't let them rush you into a MMI rating. Trust me, that is a huge mistake. Anytime the comp insurance tries to change anything, fight it. I hope you have an attorney you can access fairly easy. The last thing you want to do is trust the comp insurance people. They are known to use a (hired by them) doc to review your records with never laying eyes on you to rebuke your treating doc's recommendations. BTDT and still paying for it.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Just don't let them rush you into a MMI rating. Trust me, that is a huge mistake. Anytime the comp insurance tries to change anything, fight it. I hope you have an attorney you can access fairly easy. The last thing you want to do is trust the comp insurance people. They are known to use a (hired by them) doc to review your records with never laying eyes on you to rebuke your treating doc's recommendations. BTDT and still paying for it.
They have tried for 2 years to rush me into that. My stupid lawyer got his arse chewed off and shook for almost making a deal in April. I snuck around everyone with a second opinion. Showed them. OMG, guess what???
I wasn't healed at all. My last fuse attempt didn't fuse. There is am MRI from Aug 2010 showing this. Their dr(he's a nice guy, but I know who pays him) didn't see it. But, luckily for me, this dr sees how very hard I have been working. He told me some things off the record that were very nice, this was this last time I had to go see him. He upped my Temporary rating to over 75%. That was nice of him. Can't lift anymore than 5 lbs. No upper repetitive anything. No driving. Bunch of other things. I don't think he can say 100%, yet, but he might as well have. Now, I hve to go back to court and get the 10's of thousands they owe me in back pay. I get em. Don't you worry about that. And, for good measure, I WILL GO BACK TO MY TRUCK!!! That's what management gets for saying I won't make it back. Just you watch. In one year or less, I will be bitching about something they did to me, again. Tell me I can't so something. We shall see.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is why so many people don't like her....detached!!

For a woman who just recently became “proud of her country” she really should do a better job keeping her hand over her heart (assuming she has one).

President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama watch as the colors are retired during the Carrier Classic NCAA basketball game between North Carolina and Michigan State on the flight deck of the USS Carl Vinson in Coronado, Calif., Friday, Nov. 11, 2011.

moreluck

golden ticket member
| Saturday, November 12, 2011 @ 2:30 pm | Michelle Obama’s Make-Up Artist Charging $15,000 a Day…

Occupy Wall Street unavailable for comment.
(Politico) — Two of the world’s most powerful women — Michelle Obama and Oprah Winfrey — share a make-up artist.
“The first lady comes first. When she doesn’t need him, I get second dibs,” Winfrey says in the Washington Post’s recent profile of Derrick Rutledge, who is described as “Obama’s main makeup artist.”

Rutledge, who traveled with singer Patti LaBelle for years, started working with the first lady “after Obama’s Chicago artist got tired of commuting to Washington” in 2009, according to the profile. When Winfrey saw the first lady’s look on the cover of Time magazine later that year, she sought out his services as well.

So Rutledge, who can make as much as $15,000 a day, juggles both big-name clients in addition to the other stars he beautifies. An East Wing aide told POLITICO that his make-up services are a “personal expense” for Obama.

“His schedule is as grueling as that of any White House official in top health,” the Post reports. “Most recently, he flew to South Africa with Winfrey in her private jet, then to Chicago, then to Los Angeles. When the White House summons, he flies back to Washington, even for a day or two, as he did to prepare the first lady recently for promotional videos and the Congressional Black Caucus dinner

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Made exclusively for" means $$$$$$$$$

HONOLULU (AP) — Apparently the new White House “swag” rule doesn’t apply to diplomatic protocol.

First lady Michelle Obama presented sterling silver orchid brooches and sterling silver cufflinks with Hawaiian Koa Wood to the leaders and spouses who gathered for the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum.

The gifts came only days after President Barack Obama signed an executive order banning souvenirs that federal agencies buy with taxpayer money to promote their work — items like coffee cups, T-shirts and pens.

The effort was part of a broader executive order to cut $4 billion in waste to redirect the money to more pressing needs and make government more efficient.

World leaders commonly exchange gifts as an act of goodwill and diplomacy. The White House said the gifts represented “a distinct part of the aloha spirit and helps forge new bridges of friendship and understanding.”

The intricately designed orchid brooch was handcrafted in sterling silver by Hawaiian artist Wayne Keeth while the cufflinks were designed by Kara Ross, using wood from Hawaiian woodturner Keith Maile. The cufflinks are engraved with the words: “Made Exclusively for Michelle Obama.”

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"Made exclusively for" means $$$$$$$$$

HONOLULU (AP) — Apparently the new White House “swag” rule doesn’t apply to diplomatic protocol.

First lady Michelle Obama presented sterling silver orchid brooches and sterling silver cufflinks with Hawaiian Koa Wood to the leaders and spouses who gathered for the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum.

The gifts came only days after President Barack Obama signed an executive order banning souvenirs that federal agencies buy with taxpayer money to promote their work — items like coffee cups, T-shirts and pens.

The effort was part of a broader executive order to cut $4 billion in waste to redirect the money to more pressing needs and make government more efficient.

World leaders commonly exchange gifts as an act of goodwill and diplomacy. The White House said the gifts represented “a distinct part of the aloha spirit and helps forge new bridges of friendship and understanding.”

The intricately designed orchid brooch was handcrafted in sterling silver by Hawaiian artist Wayne Keeth while the cufflinks were designed by Kara Ross, using wood from Hawaiian woodturner Keith Maile. The cufflinks are engraved with the words: “Made Exclusively for Michelle Obama.”

If she wasn't black, this wouldn't be an issue.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We are in hugely different financial times now than ever before........The eyes of sacrificing Americans are watching her displays of wastefulness.....like her $500 sneakers in a soup kitchen.

Obama said to do away with all that junk.....white house mugs and all that crap. She doesn't care about the money she spends. It's not that she's black, she's a selfish spendthrift bitch who hates this country and its flag and you can see it in her smug facial expressions anytime she's at a patriotic function!! I don't see loving looks of admiration coming from her at anytime. Her expression is like the one when they watched the B- ball game on the aircraft carrier.......she looked like...."Can't we just go to Hawaii now??"

She ranks right up there with Babs Streisand with me.....oh, Babs isn't black by the way and she doesn't want the normal public gazing at her.

upsgrunt

You're really good at card games! Are you saying that black women don't waste money like white women do, or could it be that you have absolutely no intelligent response so you have to throw that out there?

moreluck

golden ticket member
So is Hawaii the 56th or 57th state ??????????

(Daily Mail) — A picture perfect day in Hawaii saw the cameras focus on the First Lady once more – as she welcomed the spouses of Pacific leaders to a luncheon this past weekend.

Under crystal clear blue skies, Michelle Obama showed just how tough her job is – by meeting with the wives, and one boyfriend, of the leaders of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation nations for a gourmet sit-down meal of local produce Sunday afternoon.

Wearing a yellow, floral patterned dress, she spoke about how Hawaii, where husband Barack was born, has become a ‘special’ place to her over the years.

She said: ‘This state has a very special place in my heart. As many of you know, my husband was born and raised here.
‘Our family has the privilege of coming here, the burden of coming back here every year and that’s really one of the reasons why I married Barack. He has always talked about how growing up in this place has shaped his character.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Along on the Hawaii trip is Hillary and there was a cute, funny moment caught early morning there....a guy in a loin cloth, carrying a torch went jogging by as she was being interview. She giggled like a school girl and it was cute as could be. I don't like Hillary at all, but I can't deny this cute moment!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Last edited:
I guess she'd rather be in Target..............

Mooch Not Exactly Looking Thrilled To Be At NASCAR Race…

Then again, she was booed when they introduced her, plus it’s NASCAR and everyone knows she’s not a fan.

First lady Michelle Obama watches the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series auto race at Homestead-Miami Speedway in Homestead, Fla., Sunday, Nov. 20, 2011. (AP Photo/Alan Diaz)

ZIP | Monday, November 21, 2011 @ 8:24 am |

NASCAR Crowd Boos Michelle Obama - YouTube#!
Those damned rednecks...shame on them to boo the "First Woman" ,