Middle class morons

unionman

Klein, I'm just saying that China doesn't play by the rules. Just look at google pulling out of china and look at this drywall that has destroyed lots of peoples lifes. They, if I'm not mistaken tax the hell out of anything coming into there country.

tieguy

Banned
Klein, I'm just saying that China doesn't play by the rules. Just look at google pulling out of china and look at this drywall that has destroyed lots of peoples lifes. They, if I'm not mistaken tax the hell out of anything coming into there country.

despite that exports to china are growing at a healthy rate and have helped us while our own country wallows in this Obama induced government spending depression.

JustTired

free at last.......
Are the american people willing to pay $200- $300 for jeans, and $50 T shirts ? (about the cost of making them in the USA).
Lets say, you just invented the frisbee. Do you want to manufacture it in the USA for a cost of $10 per piece, or 10 cents a piece and make larger profit ?
Outsourcing is basically modern slavery. No longer do you need to bring cheap labor to the US, factories just go overseas.
Yes, it costs jobs.
But, americans have the choice themselves, to buy made in America, or go to Walmart, etc, and buy it cheap, made in Asia !
Thats the cost of free market these days.
If you want to tax the hell out of imports, then so be it. Guess Americans will be cross border and internet shopping in Canada & Mexico then.

And how will that work ?
You want to be put on a waiting list to get a german or asian car ?
Can you imagine the US government saying, ok, we've imported 1000 vehicles, now 1000 of ours need to go out, before we import any.

To both of you : Why not just put a big wall around the US ? Nothing goes in, and all jobs stay there. See, if you can afford your lifestyle then ...
Like I said, a lot of these foreign countries are basically slave labor , for you to live better !
Think about it.

I suspect that had the American people knew that their job would be eliminated by purchasing "cheap" jeans, they would have been willing to pay more for them. Some (those whos jobs have yet to be affected) pay $200-300 for a pair of "designer" jeans. Tell me...........what is the difference in cost to manufacture "designer" jeans as opposed to "regular" jeans? Very little if any. The biggest difference is the profit margin. It doesn't matter how inexpensive an item is if there is no one left who can afford to purchase it.

Maybe there is a portion of items that no longer makes sense to manufacture here. Clothing may be one of them. But....you have to manufacture something here to have a viable customer base. One that has enough money to purchase more than just the bare essentials. They say we are becoming a service based economy. The only reason that is true is that you can't ship most service type jobs overseas(plumbers, home repair, pkg delivery,etc.).

Yes, people could make a conscious effort to "buy American"........but there is very little manufactured here in most categories. When stores like Walmart come to an area, many local or competing businesses are driven out.....leaving less choice. People are not without blame when this happens. They chose to look for the inexpensive product. Some have no choice....the others do so at the risk of their own livelihood.

As far as putting up a wall......sometimes I think it might not be a bad idea. We can't compete with third world wages.....nor should we have to. Everybody likes a "good deal", but what is the actual cost of that deal? Until that is realized, we will continue on our downhill slide while watching China and the like march up the hill. A "global economy" benefits the struggling countries moreso than the countries of strength. It requires a level playing field. Third world countries have no direction to go but up. Economic powers of the past have no way to go but down.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, North America has something the Chinese don't have. It's agriculture and a lot of food, also tons of raw material, commodaties.
We can't expect the Chinese to have a 1000% inflation rate, to get to our wages and prices overnight. It will all take a lot of time, before they even get close to that.

I do feel sorry for thier workers there. I still chat with a bc member named "darkangel" from the Phillipines.
She works for UPS over there. Has zero sick days, and only earns $300 per month. No company pension either, and helathcare bennies, like most countries are paid for by the government.
People like that, have no means to ever travel anywhere. How can you, when a week hotel stay will cost you 2 months of work. Nevermind the flight or food costs associated with it.

She basically works there so UPS Europe and North America can get paid higher wages, to the cost of them.
But, she doesn't complain, because even there, UPS pays a good salary compared to other companies.

Just remember, once they do get at par with us, wage wise, (which will probably take another 50 years or more), everything else will go up here, too. As in prices and Inflation.
Like I said previously, we are actually benefiting from thier cheap, slavery, labor.
If we changed that overnight, we wouldn't be living in the luxery we do now.

unionman

despite that exports to china are growing at a healthy rate and have helped us while our own country wallows in this Obama induced government spending depression.

Ok I'll bite. Obama is investing in OUR country what maybe 3 trillion which we will get back with the turning of the economy and more tax revenue, and not a word is spoken from you RepubLIEcans about the 8 trillion Bush spent on what? A war to no place and tax breaks for the rich.

moreluck

golden ticket member
More tax revenue?? Yeah, but he promised no raise in taxes for anybody making less than $250,000.00 so we're safe , right??

Incongruity

Banned
Ok I'll bite. Obama is investing in OUR country what maybe 3 trillion which we will get back with the turning of the economy and more tax revenue, and not a word is spoken from you RepubLIEcans about the 8 trillion Bush spent on what? A war to no place and tax breaks for the rich.

whama rama tell your momma
how to defend the spending of Obama
How to defend a three trillion dollar waste
saved the economy which was crashing in haste

It could be a waste could be a steal we said
could be an investment meant to keep us in the red
got a new investment plan that is government run
spend five bucks to get back one

unionman says the prez is the man
best prez he's seen he's a real blind fan
imagine if you can our uniomans fun
if obama actually gets something done

moreluck

golden ticket member
His words at the 40 second mark....

[video=youtube;UJVMWjTQh_Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJVMWjTQh_Y[/video]

moreluck

golden ticket member
So in his own words.....I'm safe. No mention of health care. Oh boy no tax raise for me ! He wouldn't lie to me , would he? :knockedout:

klein

No offense Moreluck, but times have changed since then. The BIG reccesion hit ! He didn't see the books of what Bush left behind back then.
Look at your stimulus check you guys have gotten. Was it $400 each ?
That is money you basically borrowed interesst free.

If a bank would have offered you $400 interesst free, maybe you would have taken it, or maybe not.
But, it does have to be paid back in time. So does all the other debt. And, I'm sorry to admit this, but the interesst payments alone, on those trillions of debt, will cost the economy recovery big time.

Kinda like a credit card, once it's maxed out, even the mimimum payments are hard to deal with.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ok, now you are making excuses for the jerk !! Sad.

If he wasn't sure of the situation, then he shouldn't make blanket statements a minimum of 50 times and also repeated by Biden, only he mixed up the numbers (old fool). The no tax raising statement was also repeated by every major news person, including the guy with the tingly leg.

Also, stimilus check was rec'd in '08.....pre Obama !!

klein

Ok, now you are making excuses for the jerk !! Sad.

If he wasn't sure of the situation, then he shouldn't make blanket statements a minimum of 50 times and also repeated by Biden, only he mixed up the numbers (old fool). The no tax raising statement was also repeated by every major news person, including the guy with the tingly leg.

Also, stimilus check was rec'd in '08.....pre Obama !!

So, how was pre-Obama bc ?
Was it liberals bitching and complaining here ?
Or is it just the whiners of the reps doing it now ?
Just wondering.

Good thing Obama can't be blamed for the stimulus checks. That was one of the most stupid things to do.
Government running out of money, and then give more way, on top of it.
It does have to be paid back. You realize that, I hope.

Incongruity

Banned
No offense Moreluck, but times have changed since then. The BIG reccesion hit ! He didn't see the books of what Bush left behind back then.
Look at your stimulus check you guys have gotten. Was it $400 each ?
That is money you basically borrowed interesst free.

If a bank would have offered you $400 interesst free, maybe you would have taken it, or maybe not.
But, it does have to be paid back in time. So does all the other debt. And, I'm sorry to admit this, but the interesst payments alone, on those trillions of debt, will cost the economy recovery big time.

Kinda like a credit card, once it's maxed out, even the mimimum payments are hard to deal with.

got to laugh at that what a scream
a canadian selling the Obama dream
Thinks he's an expert thinks he knows our history
couldn't stop the drinking when doing our delivery

He will speak loudly with determination and conviction
not knowing what he is talking about is not a restriction
Want me to be a conservative no problem my friend
a conservative I will be when my next post I send.

I enjoy the posting I will have a ball
next post I make may be as a liberal
I'll keep on posting always and forever
don't need to make sense just put some words together

my best work awaits I shall not dwaddle
my best work awaits inside a likor bottle
Imagine if you can the posts I could rain
If god had given me a working brain.

unionman

got to laugh at that what a scream
a canadian selling the Obama dream
Thinks he's an expert thinks he knows our history
couldn't stop the drinking when doing our delivery

He will speak loudly with determination and conviction
not knowing what he is talking about is not a restriction
Want me to be a conservative no problem my friend
a conservative I will be when my next post I send.

I enjoy the posting I will have a ball
next post I make may be as a liberal
I'll keep on posting always and forever
don't need to make sense just put some words together

my best work awaits I shall not dwaddle
my best work awaits inside a likor bottle
Imagine if you can the posts I could rain
If god had given me a working brain.

You can probrably get some medication for that problem you have through the new health care plan.

Incongruity

Banned
You can probrably get some medication for that problem you have through the new health care plan.

Doctor , Doctor help me please
kill my allergy kill this sneeze
I'm allergic to BS, its an oder I can't bear
I can't fix it with this new health care

Less services more cost is this a good deal
only fix is a health care repeal
canadians were coming here to save their lives
now will dying leaving the money to their wives

doctors will be quitting can't afford to pay their bills
less health care for all to cure our ills
the government fix will see our tax's grow
our health care worse then that of mexico

there is a benifit to this health care plan
A vision of proportions by the obama man
americans dying young is the vision you see
to finally saving our social security.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Originally Posted by moreluck
More tax revenue?? Yeah, but he promised no raise in taxes for anybody making less than $250,000.00 so we're safe , right??

YES

If you actually believe that, unionman, I have some swamp land for you to buy!!

unionman

Doctor , Doctor help me please
kill my allergy kill this sneeze
I'm allergic to BS, its an oder I can't bear
I can't fix it with this new health care

Less services more cost is this a good deal
only fix is a health care repeal
canadians were coming here to save their lives
now will dying leaving the money to their wives

doctors will be quitting can't afford to pay their bills
less health care for all to cure our ills
the government fix will see our tax's grow
our health care worse then that of mexico

there is a benifit to this health care plan
A vision of proportions by the obama man
americans dying young is the vision you see
to finally saving our social security.

The only thing left after that rant is for the bird to come out of your forehead