Mitt Romney

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Romney received more from employees of those top five banks than all the other candidates combined."(804)

As an employee, aren't you allowed to donate to whichever candidate you choose to??? Nobody can direct a bank employee to donate a certain way.

klein

Für Meno :)
Pretty sad American Politics came down to this !

You donate to a politician and it's tax deductable.
You donate to you own daughter (Upstate), and they collect extra taxes on income already taxed before !

Klein, there is a good reason for this. It prohibits the elderly from disposing of their assets and then receiving Medicaid.
There is an amount ( I forget the exact amount) that one can gift to a child (regardless of the child's age) that is not taxable to the recipient per year. However, if the parent gifting the $$$ files for medicaid within 5 years ( I think) that is still considered into the assets formula for qualifying for medicaid.

island1fox

In some states it is tax deductable for State and Federal level contributions. Not all.
Oregon is one.

Texan,

I know you strive to be accurate with your posts and I appreciate that --Oregon goes out of its way to not call any political contributions deductions --but rather a credit.

The difference is that with a credit --you are forced to Donate to a Politician or Pac--otherwise it it just included in your taxes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is an amount ( I forget the exact amount) that one can gift to a child (regardless of the child's age) that is not taxable to the recipient per year. However, if the parent gifting the $$$ files for medicaid within 5 years ( I think) that is still considered into the assets formula for qualifying for medicaid.

The gift limit is $13K for 2012. When you apply for Medicaid they do go back 5 years to see if there were any transfers of assets which did not comply with the law and will include those in the assets formula for qualifying for Medicaid.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I just received this,...had not seen it before, maybe you have. This is a very important election...I think it always beneficial to learn more about our candidates.

Research shows this story to be true, here is a website that talks about the story Know your candidates | Nealz Nuze | www.boortz.com

Happy to hear something good about a candidatethere are good things about them all.

On Romney's character....

In July 1996, the 14-year-old daughter of Robert Gay, a partner at Bain Capital, had disappeared. She had attended a rave party in New York City and gotten high on ecstasy. Three days later, her distraught father had no idea where she was. Romney took immediate action. He closed down the entire firm and asked all 30 partners and employees to fly to New York to help find Gay’s daughter. Romney set up a command center at the LaGuardia Marriott and hired a private detective firm to assist with the search. He established a toll-free number for tips, coordinating the effort with the NYPD, and went through his Rolodex and called everyone Bain did business with in New York, and asked them to help find his friend’s missing daughter. Romney’s accountants at Price Waterhouse Cooper put up posters on street poles, while cashiers at a pharmacy owned by Bain put fliers in the bag of every shopper.

Romney and the other Bain employees scoured every part of New York and talked with everyone they could – prostitutes, drug addicts – anyone. That day, their hunt made the evening news, which featured photos of the girl and the Bain employees searching for her. As a result, a teenage boy phoned in, asked if there was a reward, and then hung up abruptly. The NYPD traced the call to a home in New Jersey, where they found the girl in the basement, shivering and experiencing withdrawal symptoms from a massive ecstasy dose. Doctors later said the girl might not have survived another day. Romney’s former partner credits Mitt Romney with saving his daughter’s life, saying, “It was the most amazing thing, and I’ll never forget this to the day I die.

Mitt Romney simply can’t help himself. He sees a problem, and his mind immediately sets to work solving it, sometimes consciously, and sometimes not-so-consciously. He doesn’t do it for self-aggrandizement, or for personal gain. He does it because that’s just how he’s wired. Many people are unaware of the fact that when Romney was asked by his old employer, Bill Bain, to come back to Bain & Company as CEO to rescue the firm from bankruptcy,

Romney left Bain Capital to work at Bain & Company for an annual salary of one dollar. When Romney went to the rescue of the 2002 Salt Lake Olympics, he accepted no salary for three years, and wouldn’t use an expense account. He also accepted no salary as Governor of Massachusetts.

Character is very important.

texan

Texan,

I know you strive to be accurate with your posts and I appreciate that --Oregon goes out of its way to not call any political contributions deductions --but rather a credit.

The difference is that with a credit --you are forced to Donate to a Politician or Pac--otherwise it it just included in your taxes.

Thanks. I did not see it that way.
Not arguing at all, as I am not well versed in this.
How about Virginia? Is that a credit or deduction?

klein

What did you expect É Over 50% of Florida`s homes are in foreclosure and Newt is talking about colonies on the moon !

menotyou

bella amicizia
What did you expect É Over 50% of Florida`s homes are in foreclosure and Newt is talking about colonies on the moon !
That was a ploy for votes. He does that every state he goes to. Where would this 'colony' begin? Anything that has to go up would, potentially, be built in Florida. Panhandling. How much will we here about that 'colony' now?

Being a lover of ol' James T. Kirk, I have always believed we will end up with a unit of some type that exists up there.
Of course, James T. won't be there nailing everything that moves, but similar principle. :surprised:

moreluck

golden ticket member

You just casually throw out percentages and never check ..... 50% ??? Yeah, right!

"February 18, 2011|By Kimberly Miller, The Palm Beach PostFlorida's inventory of home loans in foreclosure hit 14 percent during the end of last year......"

klein

You just casually throw out percentages and never check ..... 50% ??? Yeah, right!

"February 18, 2011|By Kimberly Miller, The Palm Beach PostFlorida's inventory of home loans in foreclosure hit 14 percent during the end of last year......"

I just went by the news after or before the debate. Jacksonville, Tampa, and Maimi all had a range of 49-51% of home forclosures.
I correct myself however, and will say certain cities in Fl, had (have) a 50% forclosure rate.