Mitt Romney

klein

Für Meno :)
Yeah, Americans don't count to 10, do they ? They stop at 6.
Metric is everything in to the 10's , 100 hundreds, thousands, etc.
But, too hard for you to understand !

klein

How hard is metric really to understand ?
Our small milks are 250ml, the half liters are 500ml (twice as much), 1 liter is 1000 ml.
And a 4ltr jug would be 4x as much as the 1 liter. Simple.

While you'll need to calculate in oz, pints, or gallons... I wouldn't have a clue.

How fast can you calulate the cost of driving 180 miles on gas ?

Here it's pretty simply, my car takes 10 liters per 100 km. Calgary to Edmonton is 300km (180miles).
10 liters X 3 = 30 liters. Price : $1.00 per liter (roughly, currently at 95.4 cents). = $30 one way.

Travel time at 120 km per hr = 2.5 hrs.

island1fox

Thanks. I did not see it that way.
Not arguing at all, as I am not well versed in this.
How about Virginia? Is that a credit or deduction?

texan,

I was not jumping on you --you just strike me as very honest and upfront in your posting unlike unfortunately many others.

I am certainly not an expert on this subject either but to my limited knowledge Virginia is also a "credit system" I now live on the West coast and was familiar with the Oregon Credit.

texan

texan,

I was not jumping on you --you just strike me as very honest and upfront in your posting unlike unfortunately many others.

I am certainly not an expert on this subject either but to my limited knowledge Virginia is also a "credit system" I now live on the West coast and was familiar with the Oregon Credit.

No offence at all.
:happy2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
How hard is metric really to understand ?
Our small milks are 250ml, the half liters are 500ml (twice as much), 1 liter is 1000 ml.
And a 4ltr jug would be 4x as much as the 1 liter. Simple.

While you'll need to calculate in oz, pints, or gallons... I wouldn't have a clue.

How fast can you calulate the cost of driving 180 miles on gas ?

Here it's pretty simply, my car takes 10 liters per 100 km. Calgary to Edmonton is 300km (180miles).
10 liters X 3 = 30 liters. Price : $1.00 per liter (roughly, currently at 95.4 cents). = $30 one way.

Travel time at 120 km per hr = 2.5 hrs.

Don't care......we see, feel, sense in inches and feet!!! I envision in miles. My gas comes in gallons and so does my milk. We like our way and don't want your way....get it?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I watched the victory speech in Vegas and the handshaking afterwards. I paid close attention to the 5 or 6 secret svc. guys with him in the crowds while he was shaking hands.

Those guys have eagle eyes just darting all around at the hands sticking out of the crowd.. One guy looks close and one guy looks far. They really do a great job.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
gilligan.jpg
gilligan.jpg

texan

I watched the victory speech in Vegas and the handshaking afterwards. I paid close attention to the 5 or 6 secret svc. guys with him in the crowds while he was shaking hands.

Those guys have eagle eyes just darting all around at the hands sticking out of the crowd.. One guy looks close and one guy looks far. They really do a great job.

Yes they do. Too many Hinckley's (the person that shot Regan) around.

Incidentally.... go figure this one.
Hinckley was not put in jail, but a mental institute.
They allowed him supervised release visits to his parents home in Williamsburg VA over the last few years saying he was near
rehabilitation.

On his last release, he was observed by the Secret Service (notice they still watch him) at Barnes and Nobel
in the Historical Assassination area.
Agents Describe John Hinckley's Bookstore Visits - ABC News

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Mitt Romney won Las Vegas,....but did he??

Yes, he managed to win the caucus, but the voter turnout was less than in 2008 and that doesnt spell confidence for the GOP in Nevada. Numbers matter, and so far, turnouts in each of the states are less than in 2008.

This doesnt spell VICTORY for the GOP in November and goes more to show how dissatisfied the GOP voters are with the candidates.

In order to beat OBAMA , the GOP has to have greater turnouts than what we are seeing and that just isnt the case. As long as the GOP beats up on each other, OBAMA doesnt have to worry about a thing.

Peace

TOS.

wkmac

Mitt Romney’s latest “Gaffe of the Week” is revealing: “I’m not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there; if it needs repair, I’ll fix it.” Playing into every negative perception of Romney as a latter-day robber baron, the comment coursed through the news cycle.
It’s easy enough to understand why: The mouthpieces of the Washington-Wall Street nexus never tire of banging the drum for their plutocratic system of deprivation — and they do it using the language of freedom and competition.
It ought to come as no surprise, then, that people who genuinely care about poverty and economic justice want to run for the hills at any and all talk of free markets, convinced that they’re about to be broadsided with more of the same pleas for Mr. Moneybags and slurs against the less fortunate.
But being “libertarian” doesn’t in itself have anything at all to do with defending American capitalism; indeed any complete understanding of what free markets would mean in practice is certain to be thoroughly inimical to what people like Mitt Romney are campaigning for today.
The safety net Romney alluded to, the one managed and administered by the total state and capable of allaying all of his frets about “the very poor,” is actually no such thing. A genuine safety net, formed by the community it is meant to serve and adapting naturally to its needs, would be far sturdier and more efficacious than the state’s moldering bureaucracies.
What’s more, it would be a lot less necessary. The state’s fundamental purpose in economic affairs is to foreclose opportunities for ordinary, working people, blocking the passageways of real voluntary exchange to the advantage of the established players.
To the floundering have-not who can’t start a business out of her home because she doesn’t have the costly permits and licenses, or to the homeless family who can’t make rent due to the state-enabled monopolization of real estate, food stamps and subsidized housing appear like scraps cast into the rubbish after the corpulent corporate hogs have finished gorging.
A free market that allowed all forms of peaceful competition, that based rights to land and resources on real homesteading and trade, would fracture the very bedrock of American Big Business monopolism.
As explained by market anarchist Dyer Lum, “t is not capital per se that liberty assails, but the artificial power it usurps; that under equal freedom, where no privilege exists to entail exploitation, it is as harmless as we have seen private property would be.”
Ruling class spokesmen like Mitt Romney really don’t care about creating opportunities for poor people, but that’s because they don’t care a lick about real free markets. A world without coercive, political domination of all productive activity would be one where labor was justly and completely compensated, one without a sponger class lobbying for new and creative ways to disrupt mutual exchange.
We have to stop allowing vermin like Romney to use the language of freedom unchallenged to vouch for a system that has reduced thousands of Americans to penury. Our manumission from the oppressive system he represents can only come through the abolition of authority and thus of the state; here’s to electing that in 2012.
Be Sociable, Share!

Romney & Co. vs. "the Very Poor"

klein

"The only realo difference that I hear between investing in the Caymen Islands and investing in the US, or the only way that the Cayman Islands investments are superior, is the possiblity of avoiding US tax. Sen Grassley, Rep of Iowa . Interesting!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/08/us/politics/romneys-returns-revive-scrutiny-of-offshore-tax-shelters.html

Which is totally legal ! I think everyone that has a bit of savings in the US should do the same - take all the money out of the country, pay less to no taxes, and then have the nerve to want to run (lead), the country ! :)

804brown

Photo appears to show Romney at Planned Parenthood fund-raiser - 2008 Presidential Campaign Blog - Political Intelligence - Boston.com