More Global Warming

moreluck

golden ticket member
Now who will protect us from a figment of Al Gore’s imagination?
Via Greenwire:
With the U.S. intelligence budget shrinking, the CIA has quietly shut down its Center on Climate Change and National Security — a project that was launched with the support of Leon Panetta when he led the agency, but that drew sharp criticism from some Republicans in Congress.

Multiple sources with knowledge of the center said it closed its doors earlier this year, with its staff and analysis continuing under other auspices.

CIA spokesman Todd Ebitz confirmed the change.

“The CIA for several years has studied the national security implications of climate change,” Ebitz said in a statement to Greenwire. “This work is now performed by a dedicated team in an office that looks at a variety of economic and energy security issues affecting the United States.”

The CIA launched the climate change center in September 2009 after a spate of reports linking climate change and national security that drew interest from some members of Congress seeking political action on climate change.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Moreluck, did you read the article you linked? Scientists believe there were fewer tornados due to the drought in April and May, caused by a heat dome that reduced precipitation and thunderstorms , from which tornadoes spawn. I do not think that article supports your views at all.

tourists24

It doesnt matter what the numbers say anyway.... any climate that occurs in a negative way is going to be blamed on manmade climate change....

tourists24

I think some of you mistake weather for climate.
its been covered many times.... weather that occurs in locations is a part of its overall climate.... either way it is used as a political tool to say man is responsible for the changes that are occurring and that government intervention can allow us to fix it

UnconTROLLed

perfection
And instead of proving there's more of them, you choose to make fun of me and my remarks. Where's your link??
The number of tornadoes across "Tornado Alley", during one year on this planet has no known or proven significance in relation to effects of man-made Global Warming. I don't feel the need to post links to references, that's just silly.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What is most ironic about your post, Moreluck:

By your own logic, if a Blue Whale farted in the middle of the North Atlantic, it could possibly send enough methane into the stratosphere to alter climate long-term. That would actually defeat your own anti-GW stance, unfounded as it is.

wkmac

Moreluck,

Go actually read your linked article from FoxNews and pay close attention to the 2nd paragraph where they quote meteorologist Greg Carbin from an article in the Washington Post in which he sez:

"We are approaching a theoretical minimum in the annual tornado count for the modern era," Greg Carbin, a meteorologist at the National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center in Norman, Okla., told the Washington Post
external-link.png

Following to the Washington Post piece quoted, Carbin said the following:

He continued: “This high pressure area produced both record warm temperatures and extreme drought over much of the middle part of the continent into the summer and autumn. The high pressure also acted as a block in the middle and upper atmosphere with more transient but dynamic weather systems, that can lead to tornado development, being shunted northward into Canada.”

Along with those "record warm temperatures" we also had extreme what? Extreme drought? I live in tornado country and we're down 13 inches in rainfall this year and I can tell you that in order to get a tornado in my neck of the woods, you need rain and more often than not, a super cell T-storm.

You should have read this out so you could rea............never mind, I just remembered who I'm talking too.

tourists24

Moreluck,

Go actually read your linked article from FoxNews and pay close attention to the 2nd paragraph where they quote meteorologist Greg Carbin from an article in the Washington Post in which he sez:

Following to the Washington Post piece quoted, Carbin said the following:

Along with those "record warm temperatures" we also had extreme what? Extreme drought? I live in tornado country and we're down 13 inches in rainfall this year and I can tell you that in order to get a tornado in my neck of the woods, you need rain and more often than not, a super cell T-storm.

You should have read this out so you could rea............never mind, I just remembered who I'm talking too.
So WK,,,, does this mean you think that man is making the climate change? And if so, is government mandates gonna fix it?

tourists24

Did I say anything to support that or was I just quoting the sources Moreluck used?
I was just curious WK.... we dont always agree on stuff but one thing I know for sure is that you do your homework.... was genuinely interested in your opinion

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The main issue is that we are talking about climate. Climate is not defined as a one-year data set. There's unfortunately no reason to dissect the article, or even talk about GW wrt it. lol

wkmac

I was just curious WK.... we dont always agree on stuff but one thing I know for sure is that you do your homework.... was genuinely interested in your opinion

Are there changes in climate? Yes. Examples would be the arctic ice shrinking and the antarctic ice increasing. Even changes in temp. that affects rainfall which in turn affect the number of tornadoes. To the root of the article that Moreluck linked.

Is global warming/climate change exclusively caused by the actions of man? No. This is where the great debate takes place and there are many, many vested interests positioning to take advantage for their own benefit.

Those are the short, simple answers. Beyond this, it gets complex with multiplicity.