More stupid things HELPERS say.

ups1990

Met at our predetermined time. Gets in and asks if we could go get a coffee and then a pizza! I said yeah, in about five hours from now after we meet the shuttle driver.
Told him to go to apt 212, pointed to the label. He comes back and says cant find apt 313? He was looking at the customers first 3 cell phone number digits on the label.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
It's amazing the quality of helpers this peak. Then again, some of the helpers that have graced us with their expertise on this site are experts and worthy of our humble adoration. The job is simple, see package-deliver package. Repeat often.

oldngray

nowhere special
Too many helpers can't even like follow simple instructions. Like, hand him a package and tell him to leave it on back porch. Then you get to watch him go to front door, knock, and stand around waiting for the people who aren't home to come to the door. Then repeat over 100 times per day.

Overpaid Union Thug

The helpers get worse every year. We have a bunch that NOBODY wants to use. And why does every helper think that there is a permanent position waiting for them after peak?

Sent using BrownCafe App

over9five

Staff member
The helpers get worse every year. We have a bunch that NOBODY wants to use. And why does every helper think that there is a permanent position waiting for them after peak?

Sent using BrownCafe App
Obviously, HR must insinuate that in order to get them to be super productive.

Sent from my HTC PH39100

browntroll

i hate when they bring these guys into the hub, it somehow automatically makes them permanent in their head and full timers.
saw a few guys just standing at supervisors desk end of the day asking me what they should do next. 1 guy was thinking he was gonna be
permanent cause they had him on auxiliary pick off which he sucked at. my favorite was one guy worked 4 days and asked me when does he get
paid, i told him next week but he still asks the pt sup for his paycheck because "i already worked 4 days"

UPSGUY72

Too many helpers can't even like follow simple instructions. Like, hand him a package and tell him to leave it on back porch. Then you get to watch him go to front door, knock, and stand around waiting for the people who aren't home to come to the door. Then repeat over 100 times per day.

That never gets old.

Either does stopping in front of a driveway tell them number and color of house and where to deliver it and them asking what house. I have to repeat myself at every stop everyday and we go to the same houses 95% of the time everyday that we went to the day before.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
My helper runs like a bunny but is constantly texting between stops. The worst part is he asks for my opinion on his personal matters. It's gotten so bad I have declared the truck a drama free zone

UPSGUY72

My helper runs like a bunny but is constantly texting between stops. The worst part is he asks for my opinion on his personal matters. It's gotten so bad I have declared the truck a drama free zone

LOL I don't give out opinions about there personal matters they not going to change there ways most of them know everything already. Anyways if I did they would quit as nobody likes to hear the truth and I don't sugar coat things just to appease someone.

We have all been there before at one time and learned from are stupid mistakes. Some people like doing things the hard way.

BeachBoy

Sent using BrownCafe App

I wouldn't want to be permanent. It's an easy enough job, but I do it because it's temp and works with my schedule.
I was asked yesterday if I'd be willing to extend through January 17th. I go back to my regular job on the 2nd though, so thanked for the offer and am finishing up at the end of the year.
Yesterday was the first day my driver found cause to complain about me as well. 10:00 at night, well below freezing and we delivered 5 80# boxes to a 70 year old disabled woman. I brought them into her house, despite my drivers insistence that we are not allowed to set foot into a residence. I know it's the rules, but I'd rather have compassion than a temp job.

raceanoncr

Nothing that he said, really.

Years ago, when helper was first instituted here, I was one out of three for test program. Didn't want to but they said I was. OK.

Program was for highly condensed area, send him out with about 10,15 or more stops on two-wheeler with clipboard (yeah, that's how long ago it was). I went on my way and delivered another such amount.

Sent me a former Golden Gloves champ. THIS IS GONNA BE A PIECE OF CAKE (I thot). Big brut of a blonde kid. Nice guy but, sorry, dumber than a box of rocks.

Never could figure out odd or even side of street. Even tried pre-sheeting for him. Couldn't even get that. Pooped out after a couple days. For last days, we just adjusted and I drove to each stop, he delivered, I sorted, drove to next stop, etc. Near the end, I was driving, sorting, delivering, while he panted in back.