More stupid things HELPERS say.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

First day my helper gets in and puts his coffee on the dash. Buckles up, and goes to reach for his coffee. He can't reach it. Takes the shoulder part of the belt off and l e a n s forward to get it. "Dude, the coffee has got to go" LOL

You don't have the double cup holder in your pkg car?

ups1990

Saw my XMas helper this week and told me UPS hired him but declined because it was too early for him and the pay was poor. I think, I mentioned this to him maybe only a million times. SMH.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Saw my XMas helper this week and told me UPS hired him but declined because it was too early for him and the pay was poor. I think, I mentioned this to him maybe only a million times. SMH.
In my local, Xmas helpers make 3 bucks less an hour than preloaders. So, he'll work for $8/hr but not for 11?? lol whatever

ups1990

Walked into my Starbucks on route. Many customers I know are there. My helper is asked to order, he says, " can I get a pumpkin latte". I look around and see people smiling at me. When we got outside, I said to him don't you ever order that crap when your with me!
Making me look bad.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
Helper: "There is a dog in front of that house so you better take this one."
Me: "It's alright. That dog has never come near any drivers except to lick our hands."
Helper: "I'm scared of dogs. I was attacked by dogs when I was little."
Me: "And you didn't consider that when you applied?"
Helper: …………….no response
Me: "Just take this old DIAD with you and rare back like you are going to swing it at him if he starts to act mean."
Helper: ……….no response and just stands there in a coma of fear as he stares at the dog
Me: "Man, that is a freakin Yorkie!!!! Are you seriously scared of it?"
Helper: …………snaps out of coma………."Uh…..Ok……" takes package and when he get's about 30 yards from the front porch the yorkie raises it's head to watch and the helper suddenly drops the package and runs back to the truck.
Me: "Man, I sure can't wait till peak is over with."

This type of stuff doesn't even phase me. Since I grew up around dogs, I can read the dog's intentions usually. There is this one place I delivered to that has a dog with a big head in a fenced in area. The dog has the ability to look up over the fence at you. The driver gave me a heads up on that. So as I am going up to the front porch, I was keeping an eye out for the dog looking over the fence at me. I was quite curious as to how big the dog's head really was. Unfortunately the dog stayed below the fence the whole time I was there. I was more bummed out than anything. The driver told me that one of his past helpers refused to deliver the package there on account of the dog. LOL.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Walked into my Starbucks on route. Many customers I know are there. My helper is asked to order, he says, " can I get a pumpkin latte". I look around and see people smiling at me. When we got outside, I said to him don't you ever order that crap when your with me!
Making me look bad.

You treat your helper to Starbucks?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Still my all time favorite..
"Are we working today? its supposed to rain all day!"

My first golf cart helper recently flunked out of Integrad, he wants to become a driver. He called off Tuesday to go to the doctor. We had a thunderstorm blow through yesterday so he decided to go home after delivering five stops out of fifty-nine. I had to go clean that up last night, I got home after ten o'clock. Last year I had a former FedEx driver that drove the golf cart, he wouldn't work in the rain either. I can't believe that some people think we only work whenever we feel like it.