More wasteful spending to meet the metrics... (right up your alley Sober)

Re-Raise

First, the problem is NOT with the drivers. I rarely see this as the issue. Drivers generally do the best with the cards they are dealt.

I also agree that it's easy for me to say "just fix it" from behind my computer screen. However, its even easier for you local management to blame their problem on a nameless, faceless person in a cubicle. It's easy for them to say that they have no local control.

They should have some guts and tell their boss (the division manager) that they do not have control of their dispatch or SPC. They won't. Why???

Because contrary to what they may tell you, SPC is created and managed locally. Now, its true that a person in a cubicle will hold them to their own plan. Yes, that will happen.

If the center manager says he does not have responsibility for his / her own dispatch and plan, he / she should tell that to his boss......

P-Man

We have found common ground. I like the card reference also:wink2:

We ask our center manager why he doesn't have the stones to tell them how the cutting of routes affects our operation and he claims he has to follow directions just like we do.