Multiple tractor trailers involved in fatal crash on I-80

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by worldwide, Aug 31, 2013.

1. worldwide

worldwide Active Member

I did not see anything else posted about this. I think the driver was a 30 year safe driver, on Founders Day. Very sad.

Multiple tractor trailers involved in crash on I-80 in Kidder Township - mcall.com

2. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

3. MaceFremonti

MaceFremonti Active Member

Any idea where he was based out of? Didn't hear anything about that this week...

4. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

5. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

RIP Tracy, 35 years Circle of Honor driver.

6. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Over 35 years. He was out of Jersey I believe. Fog seemed to be a big factor in the accident.

7. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Is that article correct, 71 years of age?

Terrible loss.

8. bluehdmc

bluehdmc Well-Known Member

Parsippany driver, #1 on the list RIP.

9. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

R.I.P. driver

10. 1080Driver

1080Driver Member

Division Manager was in our building the day after it happened. Said instead of it being a great day (Founders Day), it was the worst day in his 34 years at UPS. 41 year employee, I thought he said 41yr safe driving, maybe I misunderstood, certainly Circle of Honor. He said he didn't have a chance, never even hit the brakes.

11. pretender

pretender Active Member

I would rather drive on ice than in the fog.

R.I.P.

12. Dracula

Dracula Package Car is cake compared to this...

I will never judge another driver's reasons for when they do or don't retire, but man, shoot me if I'm still working at UPS at the age of 71. If I worked at UPS to the age of 71, that be 53 years working here. I will die someday, but I don't want to have my monkey suit when I do.

13. anonymous6

anonymous6 Guest

these kind of stories give me the nightmares I have. took my disabled wife for a 2 hr drive around the Lake Tahoe area yesterday. not a good idea since it is Labor day weekend. I was a nervous wreck worrying about drunks and other careless drivers ( did not let on to wife though )

so sorry for this loss. sad.