Must Pick up Ground Packages

HomeDelivery

aw, come on, mr sam! you're a mod now... don't fall back into the Express Vs Ground fight!

I see how every opco (besides freight, custom critical & office) operates on trying to trim-the-fat to keep stockholders happy. Each one has their good points & bad points.

they WAD, they'll get to CYA since that's what their management team said to do... if I WAD, will i get compensated by the contractor? it depends...

i WAD right now since i'm hourly ~ i went to 10 businesses the past Sat & only 2 of them were open. The rest were coded 11 (business closed on a Saturday) & i still got paid for going there to slap a doortag. Under a contractor, i wouldn't have gotten paid for those 8 send-agains...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Then your efforts are doomed again just like your organizing attempts.

WAD works. God, you are starting to sound like a Libertarian/Rapid Republican. You know, where the worker is the enemy and the business-owners are all that matters? Sound familiar? Better get back to your Ayn Rand book.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
WAD works. God, you are starting to sound like a Libertarian/Rapid Republican. You know, where the worker is the enemy and the business-owners are all that matters? Sound familiar? Better get back to your Ayn Rand book.
I think the position of BC rent-a-cop is going to his head already.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not possible. I have done almost nothing as a mod. If you want to talk to somebody who misused that position, he is on this forum.

Attack away. I've explained my position and the Moderator controversy ad nauseum. Get back to work, Mr. Blart.

bbsam

Staff member

incorrect. If you wanted to move your efforts you should have found a way to latch on with the striking fast food workers. You could have expanded the cause and gotten national attention. You did none of that and so you languish in a small subforum of BC with a fraction of those you could reach. Making fun of Fred and parodying MT3 all the while they bend you over even farther.

bbsam

Staff member
Attack away. I've explained my position and the Moderator controversy ad nauseum. Get back to work, Mr. Blart.

Not an attack at all. Cheryl and the mods deemed you poorly suited, not me. That was well before my time here.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not an attack at all. Cheryl and the mods deemed you poorly suited, not me. That was well before my time here.

"Well before your time here" says it all. You don't understand the situation at all, but you can make-up anything you want to about it. Suffice it to say, I was here at the get-go...you weren't. I make no secret of the fact that I am very anti-FedEx and pro-union, and that I won't participate in BC site politics. You will.

bbsam

Staff member
"Well before your time here" says it all. You don't understand the situation at all, but you can make-up anything you want to about it. Suffice it to say, I was here at the get-go...you weren't. I make no secret of the fact that I am very anti-FedEx and pro-union, and that I won't participate in BC site politics. You will.

No I don't understand it and I don't really care. I don't know what went down with you and the site. You are free to tell all right here if you want. I don't know what politics you speak of, but good for you fighting the good fight...whatever that means.

dezguy

Meme-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No I don't understand it and I don't really care. I don't know what went down with you and the site. You are free to tell all right here if you want. I don't know what politics you speak of, but good for you fighting the good fight...whatever that means.

Dude, you're the one who brought it up...not me, OK? I let it go a long time ago, and the site works for me for the time being.

overflowed

Since we're thread jacking and all, I'm curious what are the qualifications for a Mod? Do they have to be neutral? Is BB only modding this sub-forum or all of the forums of BC? Just curious.

bbsam

Staff member
Since we're thread jacking and all, I'm curious what are the qualifications for a Mod? Do they have to be neutral? Is BB only modding this sub-forum or all of the forums of BC? Just curious.

No, not neutral. In fact I have had arguments with nearly all of the other moderators here on everything from gun control to Obamacare, to to Edward Snowden. And no, moderators have free reign (per se) to all.forums and topics on BC. As to qualifications, it seems to be not so much what ones positions are, but how they express them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My dear MFE, you outed yourself.

I don't mince words. That disqualifies me to be a Moderator. If I need to say something, it gets said, not a good fit with the mutual admiration society environment that exists at FedEx and sometimes here on the BC as well. I fully agree that I'm not enough of an ass kisser or a politician to be a Mod. If I see someone do or say something idiotic, I will call them on it.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't mince words. That disqualifies me to be a Moderator. If I need to say something, it gets said, not a good fit with the mutual admiration society environment that exists at FedEx and sometimes here on the BC as well. I fully agree that I'm not enough of an ass kisser or a politician to be a Mod. If I see someone do or say something idiotic, I will call them on it.

I may just not understand being a moderator then. People are free to be idiots and say stupid things. It's not my position to stop them. Being a moderator isn't about being a bully or whipping people into conformity. Or maybe it is and I just don't get it.