Must Pick up Ground Packages

TUT

I don't mince words. That disqualifies me to be a Moderator. If I need to say something, it gets said, not a good fit with the mutual admiration society environment that exists at FedEx and sometimes here on the BC as well. I fully agree that I'm not enough of an ass kisser or a politician to be a Mod. If I see someone do or say something idiotic, I will call them on it.

That's true, you weren't cut out to be a leader, always turning that responsibilty down and then complaining about others decisions. You could have been somebody, instead of an ordinary.

And thus another gets moderation privileges (really big whoop) and you go on the attack, because he's now management! You are such a tortured soul.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's true, you weren't cut out to be a leader, always turning that responsibilty down and then complaining about others decisions. You could have been somebody, instead of an ordinary.

And thus another gets moderation privileges (really big whoop) and you go on the attack, because he's now management! You are such a tortured soul.

Blah, blah. I didn't bring it up in case you didn't notice. If being a Moderator equals "leadership", we are in trouble. Mom says it's time to wax the cat. Get on it, OK?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
BrownCafe operates on an honor system. Our intention is to maintain a fair and reasonable forum and facilitate legitimate, reasoned debate about the issues raised.

Our staff does not review all of the content posted here. We rely on the members to report inappropriate content so that it can be reviewed by the moderators and appropriate action taken when necessary. Content will not be deleted or altered for the purpose of distorting the pattern of opinion in any given discussion. The sole purpose of content editing or deletion is to remove inappropriate content and enforce the Terms of Service and House Rules.

overflowed

Thank you Cheryl and Hoax for the clarification. So in essence the mods will only moderate usually if someone brings the offending action to the sites attention?

bbsam

Staff member
Thank you Cheryl and Hoax for the clarification. So in essence the mods will only moderate usually if someone brings the offending action to the sites attention?
That is correct. Occasionally a moderator will bring content up for consideration. Personally I like that idea because I don't think moderators should unilaterally delete the posts of members. There are occasions when the Terms of Service are clearly violated and others when there is gray area.

bbsam

Staff member
BrownCafe operates on an honor system. Our intention is to maintain a fair and reasonable forum and facilitate legitimate, reasoned debate about the issues raised.

Our staff does not review all of the content posted here. We rely on the members to report inappropriate content so that it can be reviewed by the moderators and appropriate action taken when necessary. Content will not be deleted or altered for the purpose of distorting the pattern of opinion in any given discussion. The sole purpose of content editing or deletion is to remove inappropriate content and enforce the Terms of Service and House Rules.

Note that nowhere does BC seek to restrict the views or ideas of it's members no matter how idiotic some may view them as. People can extol the virtues of somebody like Ted Nugent for president or the legalization of drugs. Though I personally find such ideas seriously flawed and will openly disagree, it is as a member and not a moderator. As long as the debate remains civil, the designation of "moderator" means very little.

Overpaid Union Thug

I don't think I've heard anyone tell big arrow up that we have been told by our management and dispatch messages specifically not to pick up ground packages. I can understand how a UPS er would think this talk is absolutely ridiculous. It's not laziness or let's piss on ground Big arrow, this is the way our company wants things done, we didn't create this mess. The reason I won't pick them up is because that's how the ground driver is paid. Even if it's ten cents or it's a buck, it's his ten cents and the ground drivers I talk to need that 10 cents.

The OP stated that they were instructed to pick up all Ground packages from the drop boxes. And I've seen Ground drivers and Express drivers picking up each others packages on numerous occasions.