My Hub must be one of a kind!

jimstud

Banned
I believe every word of what you say about different locations Dustyroads. I hear about people getting fired at other locations, for things that we all laugh about at ours. I can't imagine anyone getting fired at my hub, unless they were caught in the act of stealing. We have good employees and terrible ones but as long as you show up 90% of the time, your in. Thanks union, for keeping the slackers around. And taking the job perfomance out of the advancment process!
you know kid eventually you will screw up in the eyes of some anal ups sup and your thank you to the union will not be so scarcastic.

SWORDFISH

I smell a rookie. Great attitude to have about work though and I hope that your experience w/ UPS is great. I dont think most people are as you perceive them to be. Like others have said work for them for awhile and you will start to understand the frustrations we are speaking of. Im not speaking for all things and all situations just being general. Keep us updated on your journey and good luck bro.

A

anonymous6

I just read a couple of post earlier today that were complaining about learning the 8 keys of yard and 5 of lift and lower. nothing specific.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

you'll be complaining more than anyone inside of 6 months. i guarandamntee it.

oh. you already have started. complaining about the complainers.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I believe every word of what you say about different locations Dustyroads. I hear about people getting fired at other locations, for things that we all laugh about at ours. I can't imagine anyone getting fired at my hub, unless they were caught in the act of stealing. We have good employees and terrible ones but as long as you show up 90% of the time, your in. Thanks union, for keeping the slackers around. And taking the job perfomance out of the advancment process!

Wow one of your first posts said you where happy for the benefits that you have yet you thank the union like this???!!! Do you think UPS would just give you these benefits?

Raw

Raw Member
Steve I usually come to a crossroads once a week, thinking why did I start working here. I'm 36 years old & this is the hardest work i've ever done.
Some new body part hurts everyday! but you & I both will be back @ our different hubs Monday cuz we can't beat it.
Your future at UPS looks great. Maybe when you are half a century old you MAY by then be a pkg. driver! Most of us have driven about 20-28 years by the time they reach 50 years old! :funny:

Re-Raise

I am having flashbacks to BBAG. They are similiar in age ,have a common disdain for the union, and can't believe we aren't gleefully happy here at UPS. Did BBAG last a year? I can't remember.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Everytime I get on this site, it's the same old thing. People griping and moaning about working for ups. Why do I have to learn yard control. Why do I have to work with my power zone, why this, why that. My hub must be unique cuz I couldn't be happier. I unloaded half of 30 trailers this week for terrible pay & my upper body is sore all over!
But thursday my health ins. took effect, so thats a $60 a week raise in itself. Six more months & my family gets coverage, another $100 a week! & it's a part time job. Have any of you whiners ever worked for a small employer? With no benefits or chance of advancement? I doubt it. As my preload Sup. says "Walmart is hiring!"

I have worked and still do full time for a small company and I know what its like to pay for benefits ( about $700.00) month for my family they would cover me. But I wouldn't thank UPS. Your gratitude should be directed to your fellow Teamsters who you took to task in your last post.They have gone before you to negotiate the benefits you now enjoy.Not to worry though with your attitude you will be paying partial soon when start wearing the sup shirt they will give you.

DazedandConfused

Steve I usually come to a crossroads once a week, thinking why did I start working here. I'm 36 years old & this is the hardest work i've ever done.
Some new body part hurts everyday! but you & I both will be back @ our different hubs Monday cuz we can't beat it.

I know what you are talking about. I started at age 45 and hit 5 years service in just over a month from now. I am now a PT cover driver and have been lucky to hit 50K the last 2 years. It is nice to have a good attitude as you will find it useful from here on out. You will be told to do things that totally make no sense at all till you retire. Most of the time it comes from the higher-ups in the company(go figure) and not always from your center management. Good luck and keep a possitive attiude! You'll need it to keep your sanity!!!!!!!!!!!

Highwayman

What a fool, do you think we were born here? I worked for a NON union food service company before I got a job here 21 years ago. They made promises they never kept and now they are out of business,GOOD RIDDANCE. Nothing is perfect but the pay is great. I'm glad NOTHING could be improved where you work, but it sure could be here.

stoni24

Since I struck a nerve with you pro union guys, at what point do they approach an employee? I been with the company a few weeks over a year, yet I haven't heard from them. Would gladly join if asked.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Since I struck a nerve with you pro union guys, at what point do they approach an employee? I been with the company a few weeks over a year, yet I haven't heard from them. Would gladly join if asked.
Maybe we don't want you in our union! Ever thought about that? j/k What state are you in? Maybe you're already in the union and don't know it?

whiskey

You should change your avatar to "Half Truck". Do you have something against finishing what you start? My guess is, you have an extraordinary relationship with your immediate supervisor. And he pulls you out of a trailer when you get to the more challenging portion. That is, hooking up rollers. God forbid, your unload rate dips below 1800 an hour.

stoni24

Whiskey if ur post is a joke it's funny! If it's not then it's been a few years since you unloaded. There is 2 employees in the trailers! LOL But I suppose when you unloaded It was 147 degrees, you were barefooted, did 22 trailers alone each day by yourself and made $1.50 an hour, then walked home.

Dustyroads

I am as proud to be a Teamster as I am to work for UPS. I believe they are both tops in the industry. I've said how lucky I am to work for a great center manager. That hasn't always been the case. Our local has always been in my corner when I needed them or not. In 31 years, I've had the opportunity to work for all kinds. My union memebership is not only worth my dues, it's worth more; I get a great deal on it. Personally, I don't know any driver or loader in our building that has managed to last 30 years without union representation. I guess I look at the "big picture".

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I am as proud to be a Teamster as I am to work for UPS. I believe they are both tops in the industry. I've said how lucky I am to work for a great center manager. That hasn't always been the case. Our local has always been in my corner when I needed them or not. In 31 years, I've had the opportunity to work for all kinds. My union memebership is not only worth my dues, it's worth more; I get a great deal on it. Personally, I don't know any driver or loader in our building that has managed to last 30 years without union representation. I guess I look at the "big picture".

Amen!

stoni24

I'd love to join, if asked or knew how to? It would be great to know I had someone in MY corner. But I hope you guys that have been in the union for 20 years can understand that us "Newby, Rookie, New Hire's" are not so sold on it. Benefits are great (the only reason I'll work there) but i'm not looking fwd. to whopping .50 cent raises(per year) for the next 4 years. What's the starting wage @ ups gone up in 25 years? $2 per hr. If any??