My question about UPS socks...

M

Mike23

I was curious about the rules are for UPS socks. Well, only one rule really. UPS considers this part of the uniform so therefore would it not be UPS property? If that's the case and I'm paying it, shouldn't it be fair they pay me $6 back if I leave?

Maybe I'll try robbing a bank in just the socks...I can see the headlines now...Witness states, 'it was obviously a UPS employee, he came in with UPS socks and nothing else! Who else could it be?!'

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
when u wear pants you can wear yellow socks but when you opt for the shorts u gotta buy the socks... just funny to me when we make as much as we do and are told to buy the socks if you want to wear shorts they freak out. figure this, if you buy seven pair at seven bucks and they last three years you only need to get them a extra second or two a day and that will more than pay for them.......

M

Mike23

See, $50 for socks isn't horrible (kind of idiotic to charge that much for socks but not horrible). It's just the principle that they may expect someone to give the socks back even though they're paid for. I'm a stickler for legality things...I think that's why my sups get frustrated with me and just leave me alone :D When you know the highway traffic acts better then they do they just tend to go away since you tell them everyday that the vehicle your driving is not legal to have on the road.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
See, $50 for socks isn't horrible (kind of idiotic to charge that much for socks but not horrible). It's just the principle that they may expect someone to give the socks back even though they're paid for. I'm a stickler for legality things...I think that's why my sups get frustrated with me and just leave me alone :D When you know the highway traffic acts better then they do they just tend to go away since you tell them everyday that the vehicle your driving is not legal to have on the road.

The socks are your property, you bought and paid for them. You are only required to wear them if you wear the uniform shorts. You are not required to give them back.