Nashville School Shooting

fxdwg

Long Time Member
When three adults and three 9-year-olds were massacred in Nashville, Tennessee Republicans took quick action: They kicked two uppity Black men out of the legislature for protesting gun violence. But the White woman that joined them kept her job. I wonder why?

Well, just get rid of her. She's obviously as unfit as the other 2. Problem solved.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
When three adults and three 9-year-olds were massacred in Nashville, Tennessee Republicans took quick action: They kicked two uppity Black men out of the legislature for protesting gun violence. But the White woman that joined them kept her job. I wonder why?

Megaphone usage. Not everything is about race.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Unfortunately these three didn’t do the right thing and THEY (not the GOP) cost 140 thousand citizens representation While they are suspended. Another example of you can’t just do what you want when you want. Had they followed proper protocol, they’d be able to vote on upcoming legislature.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Interesting, Justin Jones didn't mention guns at all while he was running for office. Nothing about illegal gun violence in urban areas either?

History of violent behavior...

Week before that...

Last week, Jones disrupted a House Republican news conference on healthcare while trying to get Casada's attention, and the week before led a sit-in in Casada's office with other students.

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Unfortunately these three didn’t do the right thing and THEY (not the GOP) cost 140 thousand citizens representation While they are suspended. Another example of you can’t just do what you want when you want. Had they followed proper protocol, they’d be able to vote on upcoming legislature.
If stunts like those are allowed, it will spread to other legislative bodies, maybe even the federal level. Oh you can’t get your bill passed? Let’s just take over the joint with a mob. We would be :censored2:ed. Anarchy.

newolddude

If stunts like those are allowed, it will spread to other legislative bodies, maybe even the federal level.
It already has.

Frontline_january62021_screengrab_Capitolattack.jpg

newolddude

In the end these expulsions change nothing. Because if Republicans had a large enough super majority in the Tennessee house to kick these reps out, my guess is they already had no voice as their votes meant nothing.

Non liberal

Lol, whatever!

Non liberal

Yes, that was an absolutely horrible hate crime perpetuated on the Christian community, provoked by the lgbtq+ community.

UnionStrong

In the end these expulsions change nothing. Because if Republicans had a large enough super majority in the Tennessee house to kick these reps out, my guess is they already had no voice as their votes meant nothing.
They make all the others look bad

vantexan

She survived by one vote because she didn't use a bullhorn to incite the crowd like the two black men did.

vantexan

It already has.

Frontline_january62021_screengrab_Capitolattack.jpg
You seem to have your timeline wrong. And seem much more concerned to what happened to a couple of lawmakers who incited a riot inside the Tennessee statehouse than people still languishing inside jail without trial for just walking around inside the Capitol Building J6.

newolddude

They make all the others look bad
Like this guy who was allowed to stay in the Tennessee house because they felt expulsion was only to be used in extreme situations?

vantexan

Like this guy who was allowed to stay in the Tennessee house because they felt expulsion was only to be used in extreme situations?

If he's in violation of ethics rules he should be gone. Just as the two Democratic reps are now gone. Difference is he's innocent until proven guilty while the two Dems situation has been settled. For some reason you seem to think Democrats should be held to different standards.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Oh look, someone from the Biden administration is finally heading to Nashville.
Are they going to the school ?
No.

Harris said, “Six people, including three children, were killed last week in a school shooting in Nashville. How did Republican lawmakers in Tennessee respond? By expelling their colleagues who stood with Tennesseans and said enough is enough. This is undemocratic and dangerous.”

UnionStrong

Oh look, someone from the Biden administration is finally heading to Nashville.
Are they going to the school ?
No.

Harris said, “Six people, including three children, were killed last week in a school shooting in Nashville. How did Republican lawmakers in Tennessee respond? By expelling their colleagues who stood with Tennesseans and said enough is enough. This is undemocratic and dangerous.”
She’s an idiot