National Right to Work - The Beginning of the End

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
The whole ideology the country was based on was feeedom. Being forced to pay dues to work a job is far from freedom.

We do have the right to form a Union and bargain, people should have the right not to join, not pay dues, and not be represented for concerning cillective bargaining or any discipline issues that would result in termination.

Pay dues=receive Union perks
Don't pay=No union perks

The concept is fairly simple

Fair enough, but unfortunately Taft-Hartley isn't written in the manner you described.

Faceplanted

Our fore fathers were totally against a central banking system that we have, as well as a fiat currency. This is in ink

So I guess who cares what they wanted.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
No. Agency fees can only be imposed in closed shop states as mandatory membership in a union is illegal under Taft-Hartley. Non-RTW states can still charge agency fees but these are illegal in RTW states.

In my Local, we have maybe 24 agency payers.

Unfortunately for them, the fee is only a few dollars less than what the

actual dues are. But, they lose the right to vote.

-Bug-

Treegrower

The whole ideology the country was based on was feeedom. Being forced to pay dues to work a job is far from freedom.

We do have the right to form a Union and bargain, people should have the right not to join, not pay dues, and not be represented for concerning cillective bargaining or any discipline issues that would result in termination.

Don't pay=No union perks

Don't pay=No union perks

Except for slaves. The very slaves Thomas Jefferson owned. And indentured servants. Oh yeah, women.

Faceplanted

Except for slaves. The very slaves Thomas Jefferson owned. And indentured servants. Oh yeah, women.
If u really think about it we're all slaves right now working to survive, it's just we can't get legally beat. Some more enslaved than others.

We work our lives away for things that the powers that be put into our head that we need

Somebody working Inside a warehouse making minimum wage with no extra money to do the things that's make them happy and working just to provide shelter is basically slavery minus the whippings and right to vote.

Most 20 something college educated students are enslaved to our dect system the second they walk across that stage

Amendments are allowed and voted on for a reason, the federal reserve was passed when the vast majority of the gov was on vacation with no public vote ever. Terrible things like "actual" slavery and women's right to vote were constitituijanllly ammended as they should have been per the processs put forth by our founding fathers.

Last edited:

badpal

No. Agency fees can only be imposed in closed shop states as mandatory membership in a union is illegal under Taft-Hartley. Non-RTW states can still charge agency fees but these are illegal in RTW states.
Interesting reading all the comments, but could someone explain agency fees a bit more? I have been a Teamster for 35 plus years and that's a new one on me.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
As a UPSER in a Right to Work state, I think the boogieman of Right to Work is way overblown. 99% of my center belong to the union. Paying union dues is an insurance policy. Just like donating to the United Way.
Same here except for the part-timers.
Part timers would be stupid to pay dues to the Teamsters who ignore their needs and sell them out to benefit Full timers.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If u really think about it we're all slaves right now working to survive, it's just we can't get legally beat. Some more enslaved than others.

We work our lives away for things that the powers that be put into our head that we need

Somebody working Inside a warehouse making minimum wage with no extra money to do the things that's make them happy and working just to provide shelter is basically slavery minus the whippings and right to vote.

Most 20 something college educated students are enslaved to our dect system the second they walk across that stage

Amendments are allowed and voted on for a reason, the federal reserve was passed when the vast majority of the gov was on vacation with no public vote ever. Terrible things like "actual" slavery and women's right to vote were constitituijanllly ammended as they should have been per the processs put forth by our founding fathers.
This guy knows what you're talking about.
It kept me up for a couple of nights after I watched this clip.

Faceplanted

This guy knows what you're talking about.
It kept me up for a couple of nights after I watched this clip.
Life is deep. 1% are just touching the surface of being Englightened. Bringer of light has a funny word that is used to describe him or "new knowledge". Statue of Liberty is a great example of pagan ideology this country was founded on. She is a bringer of light/enlightenment or a "lucifer" if you look up the Latin meaning. Egypt didn't want her for a reason. But ya man, not yo be a tin foil hat wearing dude but there is a reasons for lots of things in our life and it all boils down to a small group of people and ideas. I have some family members who are "enlightened" and have blessed me with lots of knowledge you will never find in the books

rod

Retired 22 years
I believe if you think its your right to not join the Union but want the same pay and benefits of those who do join and fight for that pay and those benefits-then you also have the right to get the crap beat out of you every chance possible. I would go out of my way to make your life miserable.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Same here except for the part-timers.
Part timers would be stupid to pay dues to the Teamsters who ignore their needs and sell them out to benefit Full timers.

$450/year in dues soley for $12,000+/year in healthcare contributions is a pretty damn good deal to me.

It's no secret low seniority part timers subsidize the full timers but there's no excuse for someone not to pay dues with the benefits we receive.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I believe if you think its your right to not join the Union but want the same pay and benefits of those who do join and fight for that pay and those benefits-then you also have the right to get the crap beat out of you every chance possible. I would go out of my way to make your life miserable.
For most people, your saying good morning is enough!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
$450/year in dues soley for $12,000+/year in healthcare contributions is a pretty damn good deal to me.

It's no secret low seniority part timers subsidize the full timers but there's no excuse for someone not to pay dues with the benefits we receive.
So they should join after 1 year?