National Right to Work - The Beginning of the End

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I believe if you think its your right to not join the Union but want the same pay and benefits of those who do join and fight for that pay and those benefits-then you also have the right to get the crap beat out of you every chance possible. I would go out of my way to make your life miserable.

If anyone ever wondered why union membership is declining reading the above should answer that question for you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do you intentionally get out of the wrong side of your bed?

Please show me where either of those quoted posts were mean spirited or rude.

Rod said that he would personally beat the crap out of any scab thus perpetuating the union thug mentality.

Fluffers spend most of their time saying "good morning" and "good evening" to one another.

10 point

Please show me where either of those quoted posts were mean spirited or rude.

Rod said that he would personally beat the crap out of any scab thus perpetuating the union thug mentality.

Fluffers spend most of their time saying "good morning" and "good evening" to one another.
They weren't rude OR mean spirited....I agree.
They were just ignorant.
The man was joking.
TTKU

UniteandWin

Happy Thanksgiving brothers and sisters. The only thing I would add to the anti- RTW argument is why the urgency? Think about it. On a National agenda, why is this law so important to so many lobbyists? I will let you make an educated guess. Happy Turkey Day

Sent using BrownCafe App

bbsam

Staff member
Happy Thanksgiving brothers and sisters. The only thing I would add to the anti- RTW argument is why the urgency? Think about it. On a National agenda, why is this law so important to so many lobbyists? I will let you make an educated guess. Happy Turkey Day

Sent using BrownCafe App
Because it began years ago when states went after public unions and some made the mistake of thinking Republicans and their business leaders whisperers had no interest in going after other unions.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Does your position give them insurance?
BTW - I agree.

My position alone? Nope. I'm just a PT shop steward.

Hopefully the millions of dollars UPS burns through in turnover combined with the wasted administrative costs on the individual local unions' side encourages both parties to realize changes for the CBA beyond 2018.

UPS has seemingly coughed up a non-contractual $0.15/hr nationwide to new PT hires bringing starting pay to $10.15/hr which didn't do a lick of good. A throwaway, disposable job is still a disposable job even with a few nickels more an hour.