National Right to Work - The Beginning of the End

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Hopefully the millions of dollars UPS burns through in turnover combined with the wasted administrative costs on the individual local unions' side encourages both parties to realize changes for the CBA beyond 2018.
Nope, they both like it just the way it is.

The company gets to pay a low starting wage, no benefits, holidays, and reduced vacation.
The Union gets initiation fees, plus dues.

The admistrative costs aren't prohibitive for either party.

PT Car Washer

The company gets to pay a low starting wage, no benefits, holidays, and reduced vacation.

It is a win win for both sides. The only losers are the Union PTers. But who cares about them.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

While this might be true in many parts of the country, this isn't the case in my local as we waive initiation fees for new PT hires.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My position alone? Nope. I'm just a PT shop steward.

Hopefully the millions of dollars UPS burns through in turnover combined with the wasted administrative costs on the individual local unions' side encourages both parties to realize changes for the CBA beyond 2018.

UPS has seemingly coughed up a non-contractual $0.15/hr nationwide to new PT hires bringing starting pay to $10.15/hr which didn't do a lick of good. A throwaway, disposable job is still a disposable job even with a few nickels more an hour.
Especially when you can work at McDonalds for more.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
The whole ideology the country was based on was feeedom. Being forced to pay dues to work a job is far from freedom.

We do have the right to form a Union and bargain, people should have the right not to join, not pay dues, and not be represented for concerning cillective bargaining or any discipline issues that would result in termination.

Pay dues=receive Union perks
Don't pay=No union perks

The concept is fairly simple
Right but that's not the case. Rtw says
Pay dues=receive union perks
Don't pay=receive union perks

Is getting something for free what the forefathers envisioned

10 point

Fixed it for you.
Good to see someone gets it. Its all about jerking some ones chain to liven this place up.
Yeah. The omitted line was supposed to depict his comments were ignorant not yours.
I think everyone else got it. Maybe except one.
For an ex-military person he sounded frightened of the Boogeyman.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Right but that's not the case. Rtw says
Pay dues=receive union perks
Don't pay=receive union perks

Is getting something for free what the forefathers envisioned
One thing I can assure you is that the forefathers did not envision Unions.
If they had, they would have probably fought against Unions.

Last edited:

Inthegame

One thing I can assure you is that the forefathers did not envision Unions.
If they had, they would have probably fought against Unions.
And yet they formed a pretty good union of states to fight the tyranny of "corporate" England. More likely they'd ban smartassed, agitating monkeys before they'd worry about Unions.