Need help drivers question

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by mattymac7169, Sep 22, 2014.

1. mattymac7169

mattymac7169 New Member

im currently a pre loader and a air driver and im applying for my tcd for oct 15th the problem is i rear ended another car in july i was found at fault.. since im already a certfied air driver will this effect me on becoming a tcd driver
  2. mattymac7169

mattymac7169 New Member

And the accident was in my own personal truck
  3. mattymac7169

mattymac7169 New Member

Now HR is saying i cannot drive for a year but i can still continue to be an air driver
  4. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Please, serious answers only friends.
  5. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Yes, accidents or moving violations will DQ you.
  6. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Yes he should have a clean record but if he was already qualified as a driver I would call the local and see if they can do anything.
  7. mattymac7169

mattymac7169 New Member

but why can i continue to drive air but not ground?
  8. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Because it is a PT gig, not FT. It has happened to many, many people. Qualify to drive air, hit something, wait another year to go FT.
  9. mattymac7169

mattymac7169 New Member

contacted my union rep and i will have an answer by the end of the day i will keep people posted in case anyone else runs into this problem
  10. ChickenLegs

ChickenLegs Safety Expert

TCD's destroy FT jobs
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

The moving violations requirements to go FT are most likely more likely in place do to the insurance company rates and not just something UPS came up with.
  12. mattymac7169

mattymac7169 New Member

Chicken legs i was told that becoming a tcd is the fastest way for me to become a fulltime driver
  13. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Being a TCD isn't going to get you ahead of any other PT no TCD driver that has more seniority than you. In the end everything is done by seniority TCD or not.

There isn't a faster way to become a FT driver as a PT UPS employee. 99 % of Ft Driver position get bid on and the highest seniority person to bid on the position who is qualified to drive win the bid. The only other way to get a FT position is to sign the list they put up every year for people wanting to go FT (in my area if a opening creates a 4th bid that bid goes to the top seniority person on the list of people wanting to go FT ).