New Break Policy?

El Morado Diablo

No, you shouldn't be on break. You should be on a code for Delay.

We haven't been allowed to use code 43 for a couple of years. We are told to use code 36 (training). Pretty funny to listen to a SM talk about all that coding time having to fit into different buckets (codes) and then saying how important it is for everyone to do things the right way (code for no falsifying).

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Go into a 43 then 'disappear' into your truck. If asked you're restocking and cleaning. :peaceful:

It's amazing the lengths FedEx will go to in order to not pay you for your time. Our break "policy" seems to be whatever management decides to pull out of it's ass that particular day. The unspoken (so far) aspect of this thread is all of the people who are still working for free through breaks, which is what management would prefer you do in order to spike productivity. Even if the numbers are completely fake, as long as they are high enough, it's all good for them.

So, until all of you dummies out there stop giving Fred free labor, it's just going to get worse.

thedownhillEXPRESS

We need a class action lawsuit, much like the Walmart "associates" that won a few years back.

Fedex probably saves hundreds of millions a year by employees working through their break periods....

Rhoderunner

Anyone working thru a break period is a idiot. You only hurt yourself in the end. It will show you can do more in less time and it will become the new 'goal' for you in the future. Then what......

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Anyone working thru a break period is a idiot. You only hurt yourself in the end. It will show you can do more in less time and it will become the new 'goal' for you in the future. Then what......

So true. Working hard for this company will only get you more hard work....nothing else. It's especially destructive when you work through your break if you are a swing or float and make the regular courier look bad because you were working off the clock.

This is such a widespread phenomenon, and management is totally aware it is happening, yet they look the other way because as long as it makes them look good there isn't an issue.

Eventually, even the best falsifier will get caught in their own web of lies. I've already talked about having an accident while on a fake 13/14, misdeliveries, customer call-ins about a package, all of which can get you fired. Don't do it.

I only take a 30 min everyday. I don't care how many hours I work. If I don't hit the 95% on the gap report I don't care either. I save mine because its going to make a great class action lawsuit some day!