New Contract 9.5 Question

You operate under completely different dynamics than I do locally.
I'm not quitting, just putting it out there in hopes of someone hearing me, rather than dismissing me.

You know, he's not happy so he's TDU.

Damn it, I'm supposed to be in Chicago.
If I leave now, I'll only be 5 hrs late.
Gotta go, have a good day.
God bless

Ron Carey lives on

Just be proactive with the language we have. Ups can only divide u if you let them. The language is designed to discourage younger drivers, and say as bug's says pay your dues, you will see your family when you have 4 uears seniority in. Sarcasm. Enforce what you can

Sent using BrownCafe App

By The Book

That is precisely what is happening in my center. Management has several routes where the bid driver is out on FMLA leave as well as a few unbid split routes and they shuffle the younger drivers through them to make them inelligeble for 9.5. Not to mention the contract says that start times and assignments are to be posted the friday of the preceeding week. NOT HERE. WE have daily assignments. Thinking of grieving but I know what this will do is make it extremely difficult to Request off for an unpaid day off if wanted/needed by higher seniority drivers
Does your supplement have language in it that calls for temp bidding of those routes that there is a leave for a known period of time. These can be bid by unassigned drivers in some areas and might be a way to get 9.5 protection for some under 4 year guys. If routes run they should be bid.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The language is designed to discourage younger drivers, and say as bug's says pay your dues, you will see your family when you have 4 uears seniority in. Sarcasm
Yea, I get the sarcasm when you are talking about people who have already endured 10 years of part time sort work to get a chance to "pay their dues"....

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You don't need to "call out" your BA

From all the post's I see here.... And on FaceBook....

People, talk a good game.

But if he/she is not processing grievances per the contract, you should be contacting your locals PO.

And, most UPS people hide behind their cell-phone and not talk to their Local.

But, they will stay in touch with their UPS supervisor.... all day long.

-Bug-