New driver stress

noahgw92

I can tell you the 11 hour 65 stop days are taking a tool on me.
65 stops an hour? Not all day? We have had guys that have done 400-500 stops in one day. I just helped out the guy who does the whole round rock outlet mall and he does 90 business stops a day and gets in by 930, his truck is a beast, it was a 17700 I think and it was totally bricked out, filled to the top... The crazy part about it is he does it every day and has done the mall for the past 6 years.

65 stops an hour? Not all day? We have had guys that have done 400-500 stops in one day. I just helped out the guy who does the whole round rock outlet mall and he does 90 business stops a day and gets in by 930, his truck is a beast, it was a 17700 I think and it was totally bricked out, filled to the top... The crazy part about it is he does it every day and has done the mall for the past 6 years.
Between 60 and 70 all day.

UPSGUY72

If your stressed your worrying about stuff that is out of your control. Stop worrying about it you can only deliver one stop at a time and remember your getting paid by the hour..

Whats your seniority? Such fantasy routes don't exist where I'm at.
Actually most guys are scared of those kinds of routes in my building. They all worry about the winter. They say what about the winter? Who cares what about the summer is what I'm thinking. The fall is beautiful. I look at the leaves changing and the soybean and corn fields and I feel a sense of peacefulness that somedays brings a tear to my eye. I'm very blessed.

moldsporh

Have you made your 30 days yet, qualified?

Don't sort the truck before start time

Don't get on the truck until after the PCM

Don't run

Deliver per the methods.

Tell them at 2pm what your eta is

Let them figure it out.

The more you run and try to impress management that laughs at you because you save them drivers on road and contribute to their higher quarterly bonus...the more stress you will have.

They get real mad when they can't take in the extra dough every quarter because they have to run a more humane dispatch.

The only problem is, not everyone will deliver the way their supposed to, so they send cover drivers home.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Im going to start a petition for next contract, any route that goes out with under 120 stops means the driver only gets 10 bucks a hour.. I hate you two!!!
Our center is very rural. There are quite a few routes like mine. Most of our roads are terrible but it's still better than bricked out school buses all day. It's funny when a young runner uses up his cell phone battery and gets lost because he can't read a map.