Brown Now

Is anyone running/testing the new IVIS? I’ve seen it, played around with it, but it was a tester that was being shown to me.

A couple of our tractors had the new mounts for the new IVIS installed in them, but no IVIS.

They had to put tape over the red light on the dashboard because it’s so bright.

Attachments

• iOS Image - 298034001.jpg
    iOS Image - 298034001.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 649

Brown Now

Look to the left of the stereo, see the black tape? That’s the red light I’m talking about. Driver covered it up because at night he said it’s way too bright.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Is anyone running/testing the new IVIS? I’ve seen it, played around with it, but it was a tester that was being shown to me.

A couple of our tractors had the new mounts for the new IVIS installed in them, but no IVIS.

They had to put tape over the red light on the dashboard because it’s so bright.

Looks like the space shuttle compared to a package car

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Most of our tractors have the mount and light in them but I haven't seen one of the units. Rumor here is each driver will have their own unit assigned to them.

Did you know the Bluetooth works in those Macks? I haven't used an auxiliary cord in a long time.

Brown Now

Most of our tractors have the mount and light in them but I haven't seen one of the units. Rumor here is each driver will have their own unit assigned to them.

Did you know the Bluetooth works in those Macks? I haven't used an auxiliary cord in a long time.

Bluetooth works great, so does the hands free calling. The Kenworth‘s and International’s have the same stereos as well, but hands free calling doesn’t work as well because the Mack’s have the mic right above you in the overhead panel. Kenworth’s have mic on windshield. Callers can’t hear you all that great.

budlight

hey friend* face
Hell, the ivis screen is too bright, even while traveling down the road. Never mind the rest of the dash that doesn't dim. Looking at you, gear selectors and bright as day blue lights on jake brake. Can't forget about the Bendix light flashing at you in the corner of the windshield. Y'all can eat a *D.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Hell, the ivis screen is too bright, even while traveling down the road. Never mind the rest of the dash that doesn't dim. Looking at you, gear selectors and bright as day blue lights on jake brake. Can't forget about the Bendix light flashing at you in the corner of the windshield. Y'all can eat a *D.

You can dim the dash with the little roller that's under the light switch. Most of the tractors in my building have electrical tape over the engine brake and other bright lights.

I think some of the IVIS screens are defective. Most of ours get pretty black if you auto-dim with the top right button. Others are a bright black if that makes sense. I usually cover thise with a towel or jacket.

over9five

Staff member
Just got my Kenworth back from the dealer for a repair.
NOW my light check is on my panel dim button, and vice versa... with no way to dim the 300watt (seems like) instrument panel. Idiots....

browned_out

Was told by our dispatch that we will get the new ivis in January. Just used the hands free in our new Kenworth, great feature but the person I was talking to said it sounds like suit.

Brown Now

Was told by our dispatch that we will get the new ivis in January. Just used the hands free in our new Kenworth, great feature but the person I was talking to said it sounds like suit.

Because they put the mic on the upper left hand corner of the windshield. Why? Who knows.

If you can get it moved (Shh...) off the windshield and to the overhead panel like the Mack’s, you’re golden.
Works well according to someone who’s had it done.