New Package handler/sorter girl!!!

LKLND3380

You could become a Part Time Supervisor and have UPS pay part of your education and then move to full time. Not many hourly people here want to be management as supervisors have no job security/union protection.

LKLND3380

You are going to school to do what??? A high school drop out can get a job driving a package car BEFORE you depending on seniority. Also a high school drop out can be paid more than you depending on seniority.

Keep in mind I am not saying drivers are not smart but just that hire date/seniority play an important role in advancement with UPS. As a seasonal worker being hired on or after October 1 you do not start earning seniority until after you are rehired January 1.

Once a bid sheet is posted for new drivers the people who were hired BEFORE you are considered based on seniority.

HOw can I become a driver to deliver packages? What do i need to do? Should I get my CDL license? I plan on finishing my degree, should graduate in the summer!!!Yeah!!!

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
Hey Chonky, over lunch I could explain everything in detail, and answer any questions you might have!!!
send me your pic and location so we can hook up

audi2006

Chonky - Here is some advice and just happens to be the route i took. Go work in the Hub for a year, go into part time management, let UPS pay for your degree, then after you graduate go into a non ops function as a management person. That way you dont have to deal with drivers snarling at you all day long. In fact, in my location, im in a seperate building than the hub. I go in there maybe once a month. Its great! I wouldnt be too concerned with the no job security / no union thing. Unless you are a dishonest person, or plan to steal, etc, there will pretty much always be a job for you at UPS. I cant name one person who was let go from the company for no reason (although im guessing i may get some stories in the forthcoming posts.)

Last edited:

old levi's

blank space
What about driver? How do I apply for that job?? Please help! Thanks!!!

In my area you will have to wait 15 years to get a driving job. Let's see, that means you will be 38 years old the first time you drive off the yard. Are you gung ho now? You're welcome!!!

david

The time needed to get a full time job varies by location. In my area, UPS has waived the seniorty requriment for Air and cover drivers. Check with someone in your building what lists are avalible for you to sign up on.
There could be a driver list, full time other list and extra work list. You might be able to do Saturday air work or AM or PM air work with less seniority then would be needed to get a full time package job.

rod

Retired 22 years
I just heard that at my old center one of the preloaders (also drove saturday air) actually won a bid on a real nice route. He had been with ups only since April.

G

god help us

aIn my area about 6months to a year will get you full time in package car. Most of our partimers hold out for the inside combo jobs that will take you about 7 to 9 years to get that. No 1 wants to drive package anymore the rookies have no work ethic yet. I busted my ass working 3 jobs for 5 years to get here now, the rookies still live at home with mom, play playstation, drink beer, and get high all day, then they come into package not caring if they make it or not. Sorry to say this is our future,and ups created this themselves!

hoser

Industrial Slob
You could become a Part Time Supervisor and have UPS pay part of your education and then move to full time. Not many hourly people here want to be management as supervisors have no job security/union protection.
I'm considering stepping up to sup. Better pay, more engaging (for my tastes), but gone are the days where I can call in sick no questions asked when I want to spend a night with my woman or watch Monday Night Football with the guys.

satellitedriver

Hey Chonky, over lunch I could explain everything in detail, and answer any questions you might have!!!
send me your pic and location so we can hook up

HEY,
Loser, you picked the proper name. Your post was a creepy, stalker type of comment. The only thing you could probably explain is why you still live with you parents. If you are married, how do you explain this kind of post to your the one who puts up with your behavior.

diadlover

HEY,
Loser, you picked the proper name. Your post was a creepy, stalker type of comment. The only thing you could probably explain is why you still live with you parents. If you are married, how do you explain this kind of post to your the one who puts up with your behavior.
WTF do you care?? It was an obvious joke you idiot.

satellitedriver

WTF do you care?? It was an obvious joke you idiot.

Yes ,I am an idiot, to care. Also, you are correct about the post being obvious. As far as "WHAT THE **** do you care" comment, why do you think I would care? . Really , ICGAS (I COULD GIVE A ****) about what you consider a joke. Jokes are funny, not creepy. For you to defend that kind of post "joke" tells me alot about you, but WTF I am only an idiot.

{edited by moderator to remove offensive language}

diadlover

Yes ,I am an idiot, to care. Also, you are correct about the post being obvious. As far as "WHAT THE **** do you care" comment, why do you think I would care? . Really , ICGAS (I COULD GIVE A ****) about what you consider a joke. Jokes are funny, not creepy. For you to defend that kind of post "joke" tells me alot about you, but WTF I am only an idiot.

Well you took the time to post a reply so that is why I thought you cared. I'm sure you know all about me. You tagged that guy as someone who lives with his parents and has an unhappy spouse. All on his one reply. <standing applause> good job! Why are you working for UPS? You should be working for the CIA or something. Maybe even a magician. A tarot card reader perhaps? Nah, like you said your too much of an idiot. You want a funny joke, idiot? Okay here goes:

Three gay men died, and were going to be cremated. Their lovers happened to be at the funeral home at the same time, and were discussing what they planned to do with the ashes.

The first man said, "My Ryan loved to fly, so I'm going up in a plane and scatter his ashes in the sky."

The second man said, "My Ross was a good fisherman, so I'm going to scatter his ashes in our favorite lake."

The third man said, "My Satellitedriver was such a good lover, I think I'm going to dump his ashes in a pot of chili, so he can tear my *** up just one more time."

satellitedriver

Well you took the time to post a reply so that is why I thought you cared. I'm sure you know all about me. You tagged that guy as someone who lives with his parents and has an unhappy spouse. All on his one reply. <standing applause> good job! Why are you working for UPS? You should be working for the CIA or something. Maybe even a magician. A tarot card reader perhaps? Nah, like you said your too much of an idiot. You want a funny joke, idiot? Okay here goes:

Three gay men died, and were going to be cremated. Their lovers happened to be at the funeral home at the same time, and were discussing what they planned to do with the ashes.

The first man said, "My Ryan loved to fly, so I'm going up in a plane and scatter his ashes in the sky."

The second man said, "My Ross was a good fisherman, so I'm going to scatter his ashes in our favorite lake."

The third man said, "My Satellitedriver was such a good lover, I think I'm going to dump his ashes in a pot of chili, so he can tear my *** up just one more time."

Oh Boy,
Here we go.
You asked me WTF do I care and I responded.
The CIA never asked me to work for them.
I work at UPS for money.
No, I do not know all about you. Just enough.
I did not tag that guy, he tagged himself.
Yes , I have studied magic.
Tarot cards can be shuffled, so I do not use them.
Read the original post. If that was a reply to your daughter, wife or any other woman in your life that you cared about ,you might understand my response.
In my will ,I have requested to be cremated.
Maybe , I should request that a few ashes be saved "just for you" .Put them in a douch bag and feel what is like to have a real man up your ***.
As far as your joke, if I was gay I would be offended. Since I am not, I still could not give ****.

diadlover

Maybe , I should request that a few ashes be saved "just for you" .Put them in a douch bag and feel what is like to have a real man up your ***.
As far as your joke, if I was gay I would be offended. Since I am not, I still could not give ****.
lol, that was pretty funny but a little gay at the same time. Calm down though, don't take it so seriously.

CTOTH

Not retired, just tired
Don't work too hard. It sounds like you're really gung ho. Don't get injured. UPS has the ability to make it so you will never be able to work another physical job again. Follow their methods. Pay attention to HABITS. Work safely before quickly. It will pay off in 10 years.