New Rule: Whoa, Canada

rickyb

canada is not left. we get 2-3 weeks paid vacation by law and the market of course fails us. our political system is not that democratic. our union rate is 30%. public transit is bad by european standards. we join stupid unwinnable immoral wars. we have high student debt. high housing debt.

side note you can speed up the video to 1.25x.

bill maher sucks.

vantexan

canada is not left. we get 2-3 weeks paid vacation by law and the market of course fails us. our political system is not that democratic. our union rate is 30%. public transit is bad by european standards. we join stupid unwinnable immoral wars. we have high student debt. high housing debt.

bill maher sucks.
Seems spot on to me.

Thebrownblob

bill maher sucks.
Bill Maher sucks? I don’t even agree with him 80% of the time, but I still don’t think he sucks.

Thebrownblob

if you disagree 80% of the time then he sucks

hes not like the other guys i listen to. hes more of a joke and goes along with the govt.
He actually goes against the government quite a bit and he has an entertainment show. And I listen to a lot of people I disagree with because I’m not a yes man like you. I’m not afraid to hear different opinions.

rickyb

He actually goes against the government quite a bit and he has an entertainment show. And I listen to a lot of people I disagree with because I’m not a yes man like you. I’m not afraid to hear different opinions.
i think hes anti intellectual and part of the establishment. im not afraid of different opinions either which is why i looked into anti capitalism, russia today, al jazeera, and tele sur. if i was afraid i wouldve ended up like @Box Ox

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

i think hes anti intellectual and part of the establishment. im not afraid of different opinions either which is why i looked into anti capitalism, russia today, al jazeera, and tele sur. if i was afraid i wouldve ended up like @Box Ox
Well, if he was part of the establishment, he wouldn’t disagree with them so much so I think you’re wrong there.

rickyb

Well, if he was part of the establishment, he wouldn’t disagree with them so much so I think you’re wrong there.
well lets check out his wiki:

supported obama 2x, nader, bernie then hillary. limited support for NSA after snowden did the leaks. anti iraq war. supports israel. supports single payer. pro weed.

so i would say hes a mixed bag which is part of the reason i dont listen to him. and who does he associate himself with? that should be telling.

Thebrownblob

well lets check out his wiki:

supported obama 2x, nader, bernie then hillary. limited support for NSA after snowden did the leaks. anti iraq war. supports israel. supports single payer. pro weed.

so i would say hes a mixed bag which is part of the reason i dont listen to him. and who does he associate himself with? that should be telling.
So he’s a mixed bag, which makes him think for himself and not be part of this establishment? It’s like talking in circles and talking to you.

You don’t like Bill Maher because a lot of times he actually makes pretty good sense. That’s enough for you to dislike anyone even if you agree with 80% of his stances.

rickyb

So he’s a mixed bag, which makes him think for himself and not be part of this establishment? It’s like talking in circles and talking to you.

You don’t like Bill Maher because a lot of times he actually makes pretty good sense. That’s enough for you to dislike anyone even if you agree with 80% of his stances.
ive watched him

who does he associate himself with?

Thebrownblob

yea many guys who walk the christian path like cornel west. how many times has he gone to jail for speaking the truth?
Cornell West is not a Christian. He has a form of godliness, but denies the power. He is a wolf in sheep clothing. Spreading hate and division is not a Christian attribute. You will know them by their fruit.

rickyb

Cornell West is not a Christian. He has a form of godliness, but denies the power. He is a wolf in sheep clothing. Spreading hate and division is not a Christian attribute. You will know them by their fruit.
why cant we hate injustice?

if you love everything youre a conformist. its cool to hate sometimes.