Preliminary Read on Medical Plans

vantexan

Let's be truthful about the reality. Life expectancy in 1940 was 62 years. You weren't eligible to collect benefits until age 65. Stop acting like there was this big problem of all these old people struggling with poverty. Most people weren't living long enough to struggle with poverty in old age.
@59 Dano

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Unions pushing for more and more to the point of breaking a company aren't acting like Christians. Companies who push employees to accept less and less in spite of good profits aren't acting like Christians either and deserve a union to protect employees.
Interesting. How much of the profit are Christians employers supposed to give employees?

vantexan

If you're still working paycheck-to-paycheck after 30 or 40 years, that's on you.

I love it when someone tries to make it a religious issue.
Half the country is living paycheck to paycheck. And are doing so because of the lack of opportunity with the devastation of the middle class.

vantexan

Interesting. How much of the profit are Christians employers supposed to give employees?
Red herring. I've pointed out repeatedly that I'm not saying the employer has to pay high wages or that everyone is owed an equal outcome. Just saying if a company pushes people to accept less and less so that the owner(s) can do well then the least they can do is assist their employees with the Social Security match so that they have something to sustain them in their old age.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Half the country is living paycheck to paycheck. And are doing so because of the lack of opportunity with the devastation of the middle class.
Are you sure about that?

Maybe it's :
  • High cost of living, including housing, health care, and education expenses
  • Spending habits, including nonessential spending and buying nice-to-have items
  • Health conditions and caretaking, including chronic health conditions, impairments, and disabilities

59 Dano

Red herring. I've pointed out repeatedly that I'm not saying the employer has to pay high wages or that everyone is owed an equal outcome. Just saying if a company pushes people to accept less and less so that the owner(s) can do well then the least they can do is assist their employees with the Social Security match so that they have something to sustain them in their old age.
They have no moral obligation to do so, van.

vantexan

Are you sure about that?

Maybe it's :
  • High cost of living, including housing, health care, and education expenses
  • Spending habits, including nonessential spending and buying nice-to-have items
  • Health conditions and caretaking, including chronic health conditions, impairments, and disabilities
That's right, everyone gets paid well and it's just their personal failings that keeps them from having a decent retirement.

59 Dano

I'm glad you find your statements amusing.
Oh, I do!

I love it when you horribly and purposefully misrepresent what I say. I also posted actuarial data and statistics that come from the Social Security Administration and the Census Bureau that support what I actually said. Care to comment on any of that?

vantexan

Oh, I do!

I love it when you horribly and purposefully misrepresent what I say. I also posted actuarial data and statistics that come from the Social Security Administration and the Census Bureau that support what I actually said. Care to comment on any of that?
BS. You know most aren't going to check. Most people didn't get old and die by 62. For the millionth time a child born in 1940 wasn't going to die on average by 62. Life expectancy for that child was set at 62 because so many died in childhood and young adulthood due to disease that it brought the overall average of all deaths down to 62. Millions lived well past that which you claimed they didn't.

Did I misrepresent you by quoting your posts? You said most were dead before they were old enough to collect Social Security. Not true and you've been CYAing ever since.

Why would you be arguing against Social Security? You've already denigrated the work of average workers. That money needs to go into the pockets of management because you deserve it more, in spite of your already higher pay, rather than to a bunch of layabouts for their retirement, huh?

59 Dano

BS. You know most aren't going to check. Most people didn't get old and die by 62. For the millionth time a child born in 1940 wasn't going to die on average by 62. Life expectancy for that child was set at 62 because so many died in childhood and young adulthood due to disease that it brought the overall average of all deaths down to 62. Millions lived well past that which you claimed they didn't.
I literally posted a stat that showed that literally millions of people were literally older than 65 years old in 1940. Did you miss it?

Did I misrepresent you by quoting your posts? You said most were dead before they were old enough to collect Social Security. Not true and you've been CYAing ever since.
LOL
Why would you be arguing against Social Security? You've already denigrated the work of average workers. That money needs to go into the pockets of management because you deserve it more, in spite of your already higher pay, rather than to a bunch of layabouts for their retirement, huh?
This has really hit a nerve with you as of late. Money problems, van?

vantexan

It look likes your understanding of scripture is about as bad as your understanding of anything else.
Well go talk to Jesus about your wanting to take away income from millions of people in their old age so that you can have a big house, a neat car, a big honking pickup truck, the latest electronics, and all that jazz that shows off your wealth to others. Go ahead, you've earned it with your superior work over all these lazy laborers who aren't as ambitious as you. Praise be!

vantexan

I literally posted a stat that showed that literally millions of people were literally older than 65 years old in 1940. Did you miss it?

LOL

This has really hit a nerve with you as of late. Money problems, van?
I've made my points. And you're flat out lying.

And I quote from the Dano post:

"Let's be truthful about the reality. Life expectancy in 1940 was 62 years. You weren't eligible to collect benefits until age 65. Stop acting like there was this big problem of all these old people struggling with poverty. MOST PEOPLE WEREN'T LIVING LONG ENOUGH TO STRUGGLE WITH POVERTY IN OLD AGE."

So which was it Dano? Were most people dying before they had a chance to collect benefits or were millions living past 65? Keep in mind that the country's population was less than half of what it is now. There wasn't a big Baby Boomer generation. A very large % of seniors once they stopped working ended up in poverty.

Are you a liar, or just dishonest?

59 Dano

Well go talk to Jesus about your wanting to take away income from millions of people in their old age so that you can have a big house, a neat car, a big honking pickup truck, the latest electronics, and all that jazz that shows off your wealth to others. Go ahead, you've earned it with your superior work over all these lazy laborers who aren't as ambitious as you. Praise be!
This may come as a shock to you, but there's not a single verse in the Bible advocating for the government to provide income benefits to people, let alone levy taxes for that purpose.

You're just blindly invoking scripture and making silly comments to refute arguments that I didn't make, and sounding like a royal crybaby in the process.