Preliminary Read on Medical Plans

MassWineGuy

So the big new option is the plan with no deductible and well defined co pays. Whoa! The out of pocket maximum is nearly $10,000, with an ER visit costing $1,100. And generic prescriptions will cost you.

No thank you. I’m sticking with my Tier 70 HRA plan. It still sucks, but just a little less.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Time to make the jump. Teamcare is still FREE! with $20 copays and $250 family deductible.

FedexCares

Time to make the jump. Teamcare is still FREE! with $20 copays and $250 family deductible.
250$ family deductible is crazy in 2023. Having that good of health insurance is very difficult to get nowadays in the US.

The insurance FedEx offers from what I have seen compared to friends and family members and such seems to be middle of the road. It’s not great and it’s not god awful either.

What I’m saying is health care is quickly becoming something for the privledged few while most of us get left behind dealing with soaring costs.

bacha29

250$ family deductible is crazy in 2023. Having that good of health insurance is very difficult to get nowadays in the US.

The insurance FedEx offers from what I have seen compared to friends and family members and such seems to be middle of the road. It’s not great and it’s not god awful either.

What I’m saying is health care is quickly becoming something for the privledged few while most of us get left behind dealing with soaring costs.
Spot on. See what Pfizer did this AM? Raised the price of the COVID 19 drug Paxlovid from the $530 price the US government was paying for it and distributing free to $ 1390. Sticking it to the insurers.

MassWineGuy

FXCares is right. As bad as a $2,350 individual deductible is for my plan, many others have to pay $4,000, $5,000 or more. At that point the only thing a plan is good for is a catastrophic event.

FedexCares

FXCares is right. As bad as a $2,350 individual deductible is for my plan, many others have to pay $4,000, $5,000 or more. At that point the only thing a plan is good for is a catastrophic event.
I have the 80 broad myself and will again next year due to some underlying medical issues. While 1300 deductible for single individual is higher then I’d like, after I hit that I normally don’t pay much in medical costs (80/20 split at that point) and the max out of pocket is 3200 for my plan anyways in case I have major medical issues.

Until health care industry is actually reined in or we finally go universal health care this is only going to get worse for majority the country.

Now if I was trying to insure a family on FedEx plan I might be singing a different tune but as for individual coverage only it seems pretty average for what is offered out there.

Last edited:

thecamel

So your working anyway. Come on and make the jump. This is no joke at brown. And we were ready to walk in August if it didn't get better.

It's not like you'll be retiring soon. Most of us have to keep on working.

thecamel

You're working till 72? Holy smoke!! Either way if you come in part time then you can enjoy that Cadillac health for free after 9 months. Right up your alley, really.