New Surepost Procedures implemented on Monday, 09-14-15?

iowa boy

Delivered a 35 pound Target box today that Target shipped Surepost. Luckily, our system grabbed it and redirected it for me to deliver.

Does anyone think that maybe Target is taking advantage of the Surepost system and its associated lower costs knowing that UPS will pull the heavy ones and have us deliver them at the lower cost? Always have wondered whether UPS surcharges Target for doing their shipping like this.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Delivered a 35 pound Target box today that Target shipped Surepost. Luckily, our system grabbed it and redirected it for me to deliver.

Does anyone think that maybe Target is taking advantage of the Surepost system and its associated lower costs knowing that UPS will pull the heavy ones and have us deliver them at the lower cost? Always have wondered whether UPS surcharges Target for doing their shipping like this.

Target will get billed for the revenue correction.

barnyard

KTM rider
Yesterday and today, I had single package surepost stops. Both packages were over 15 lbs. Yesterday's was a Target package, today's was dogfood from pets.com (I think, it was one of the dogfood internet companies....)

10 point

So then the consignee does know it's not coming from UPS today.
Since it's inception, the customer tracks their pkg in the am and it says "out for delivery" by UPS driver. But, it doesn't give the address it's getting delivered to.

They then approach the driver on that area and ask if he/she has their pkg on the truck.

The driver looks at the edd and says "No, not on this truck" and all the while it's on the truck but destined for the p.o. address instead of the final mile address.

AKCoverMan

Have any of you guys seen regular ground packages going to the post office for them to deliver???? I have come across some that are not sure post...regular ground with an address like the following 123 main st. #234 Clarksville ky. 99901 these are coming from ll bean and hsn....what's going on here. And any sure post that have been kicked back to me have only been done so if I was delivering another package to the same address I have seen no proximity packages of any kind!

The post office was losing market share on mailbox rental because they would only accept USPS parcels for their box holders whereas private mailbox centers like UPSStore and others will accept parcels from every carrier. So now customers can have ups and fedex packages shipped to their PO box by sending to the physical address of the PO plus a "suite" number.

This isn't last mile delivery by PO, the PO is the end of the line until the package is picked up by the consignee just like delivering to a UPSStore.

barnyard

KTM rider
The driver looks at the edd and says "No, not on this truck" and all the while it's on the truck but destined for the p.o. address instead of the final mile address.

Way back when the last Harry Potter books were shipping, I had 2 customers approach me for them. During PCM the boss said this may happen and to tell them they would be delivered by the PO on Saturday, we were just delivering them to the PO.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I have noticed a steep decline in the number of packages that I deliver to the post office. Other drivers have commented on this too. Where did these packages go? If not surepost then what carrier has them now? They are not being directed back into our system as I have not noticed an equal increase in my stops.

barnyard

KTM rider
I have noticed a steep decline in the number of packages that I deliver to the post office. Other drivers have commented on this too. Where did these packages go?

If you had an Amazon distribution center open in your region, they may be diverting former UPS volume to another carrier for delivery directly to the USPS. Happened in my center, the new warehouse is 450 miles away and our building lost about 10% of our daily volume.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
If you had an Amazon distribution center open in your region, they may be diverting former UPS volume to another carrier for delivery directly to the USPS. Happened in my center, the new warehouse is 450 miles away and our building lost about 10% of our daily volume.
#dumb

10 point

It's 09-23-15.
Still waiting for a PCM from management and info from the local on how to proceed with redirecting pkgs.

10 point

Your job is to deliver packages.

It is the Union's job to police the contract.
I am the Union.
I also pick up packages.
Sometimes drivers deliver and pick up packages.
Sometimes we shuttle packages. Sometimes we take a truck out on road to deliver, pick up, and shuttle packages to customers that want them delivered and picked up.

And sometimes we catch someone turning off the surepost system and avoid contractually agreed to language so they can regulate our number of full time job opportunities.

But you wouldn't care about a few part timers finally getting a full time because you were hired off the street as full time.
Maybe you can keep your nose out of it because if it doesn't affect your Roth you couldn't care less.