New Surepost Procedures implemented on Monday, 09-14-15?

govols019

You smell that?
I have another post office on my route that closes early and I leave their stuff in the porta potty beside the building and lock the door with a master lock they leave in the porta potty for me.

10 point

I have another post office on my route that closes early and I leave their stuff in the porta potty beside the building and lock the door with a master lock they leave in the porta potty for me.
Just our luck the sanitation company that owns it would come by and switch it out with another one.

That would stink.

10 point

Why would a driver remotely even do that? You work as instructed, you don't do stupid stuff like that, that's how you get in trouble so just deliver the boxes like your supposed to n be done with it.
Why would a driver file on supes working?

Why would hourly file on not getting paid appropriate rate?

Why would bargaining unit employees file on getting bumped out of work by a lesser seniority employee?

Why would feeder coverage employees file for illegal use of subcontracting.

That's why stewards and employees that enforce our hard fought contractual language would investigate surepost violations.

Because full time jobs are created and maintained that way.

It's good for families and it's good for our pension contributions.
And if we don't police it no one will.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why would a driver file on supes working?

Why would hourly file on not getting paid appropriate rate?

Why would bargaining unit employees file on getting bumped out of work by a lesser seniority employee?

Why would feeder coverage employees file for illegal use of subcontracting.

That's why stewards and employees that enforce our hard fought contractual language would investigate surepost violations.

Because full time jobs are created and maintained that way.

It's good for families and it's good for our pension contributions.
And if we don't police it no one will.
Uh he wasn't talking about seeing a duplicate and bringing it to someone's attention.

The guy was talking about delivering all the surepost he had. He would fired for doing this.

10 point

Uh he wasn't talking about seeing a duplicate and bringing it to someone's attention.

The guy was talking about delivering all the surepost he had. He would fired for doing this.
No drivers here have been fired for that.
I was responding to the issue of going through surepost packages to see if there are violations. That was part of his response as well.
I have heard of drivers pulling grossly overweight packages out of the surepost system and delivering them with no repercussions but until there is an official ruling on that I would not suggest it.

Brownslave688

No drivers here have been fired for that.
I was responding to the issue of going through surepost packages to see if there are violations. That was part of his response as well.
I have heard of drivers pulling grossly overweight packages out of the surepost system and delivering them with no repercussions but until there is an official ruling on that I would not suggest it.
All depends on where you are and now it sounds like we have an agreement to protect us.

Our BA however told us before that we could not stop the movement of any packages. All we could do is write down tracking numbers and give them to him. He also said we had to clock out on break to write down the tracking number so that we wouldn't be fired for stealing time.

10 point

All depends on where you are and now it sounds like we have an agreement to protect us.

Our BA however told us before that we could not stop the movement of any packages. All we could do is write down tracking numbers and give them to him. He also said we had to clock out on break to write down the tracking number so that we wouldn't be fired for stealing time.
Wow. The memo from Hall said we can remove them from the belt and take them to the clerk for address redirecting to UPS drivers for final mile delivery...on the clock. Why would we do any of this off the clock?

Another steward said his center manager told them to future any loaded on our trucks and found to be over weight or size and give them to the night clerk for redirecting.

Clear as mud.

Brownslave688

Wow. The memo from Hall said we can remove them from the belt and take them to the clerk for address redirecting to UPS drivers for final mile delivery...on the clock. Why would we do any of this off the clock?

Another steward said his center manager told them to future any loaded on our trucks and found to be over weight or size and give them to the night clerk for redirecting.

Clear as mud.
Yes this was before the memo Monday.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Have any of you guys seen regular ground packages going to the post office for them to deliver???? I have come across some that are not sure post...regular ground with an address like the following 123 main st. #234 Clarksville ky. 99901 these are coming from ll bean and hsn....what's going on here. And any sure post that have been kicked back to me have only been done so if I was delivering another package to the same address I have seen no proximity packages of any kind!

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Clear as mud.
Looks as if someone has finally realized what most drivers have known for a few years now...that ups have been abusing this whole damn program. And if they start to kick back 30 or 40 percent of the packages, this tells me that they can still have us deliver them and make a profit....and still hang with fedex on pricing. So much for the few of you naysayers ...who said we can't compete with fedex so ups HAS to do this...stop playing armchair ups finance employee and leave that to the big boys...you know who you are

10 point

Looks as if someone has finally realized what most drivers have known for a few years now...that ups have been abusing this whole damn program. And if they start to kick back 30 or 40 percent of the packages, this tells me that they can still have us deliver them and make a profit....and still hang with fedex on pricing. So much for the few of you naysayers ...who said we can't compete with fedex so ups HAS to do this...stop playing armchair ups finance employee and leave that to the big boys...you know who you are
The consignees complain a lot that they've tracked their pkgs and they are expecting them to be delivered since they are "out for delivery" via our system.
Complaints are the norm when they found out that we've dumped them at the p.o. and are delayed without their knowledge.

I'm always apologizing to customers who expected our level of service not the post office's and I'm forever moving the pkgs out from in front of the customers door for safety reasons after the mail person delivers it.
I guess that's what the business minded folks call progress.
I would like to see our 1Z tracking number below the p.o. tracking so people would quit complaining that we left their pkg in the rain and at the wrong house.