New York Legalizes Same Sex Marriage

wkmac

I think if the Mormons had any known gays on their trek from Navoo to Salt Lake, they would've eaten them along the way !!!

Depends on what State they were in at the time because that is an act of sodomy and they could go to jail for that!

menotyou

bella amicizia
Harper and Gideon? Whatever happened to normal names like Megan and David?

I totally agree!!! Gladys and Mildred would be a nice change to what's the latest? Pilot Inspektor-Jason Lee.
Apple-Gwyneth Paltrow. Kyd- David Duchovney. Prince Michael II/Blanket- Michael Jackson.

The worst- Jermajesty- Jermaine Jackson.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Harper and Gideon? Whatever happened to normal names like Megan and David?

Harper is probably from the 'acting' side of the relationship.....could be for Harper Lee (author of 'To Kill a Mockingbird' or something as simple as Harper, the role played by Paul Newman.
Gideon could reflect the Jewish side of things......or Gideon means mighty warrior and is a very strong name.....stronger than Bruce !!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Your link has nothing to do with this thread. Feel free to start your own thread on the rewriting of California history books which has absolutely nothing to do with New York legalizing same-sex marriage.

The new law brings to the forefront.............. gays. It's a domino effect now. All kids will now need to be taught about the gays when they attend all those new N.Y. weddings that are going to take place. I can just hear the 6 & 7 year olds now.....but mommy, how can they get married? Who's the mommy & who's the daddy?? Who takes out the garbage. The topics will be vast and they all will come from the New York Legalization of Same Sex Marriage !! It's a definite domino effect.........of course, those supporting same sex marriage only see the immediate result. Ripple, ripple, ripple.........

klein

Für Meno :)
The new law brings to the forefront.............. gays. It's a domino effect now. All kids will now need to be taught about the gays when they attend all those new N.Y. weddings that are going to take place. I can just hear the 6 & 7 year olds now.....but mommy, how can they get married? Who's the mommy & who's the daddy?? Who takes out the garbage. The topics will be vast and they all will come from the New York Legalization of Same Sex Marriage !! It's a definite domino effect.........of course, those supporting same sex marriage only see the immediate result. Ripple, ripple, ripple.........

You sound like someone that couldn't stand to end slavery (... but mommy, mommy, how can they start bossing us around) ???
Or like someone that didn't want women rights (but daddy, daddy, you can't let her say that to you, and she shouldn't be able to vote) !!! - It was unimaginable to have a female boss, the time you were born Moreluck !

Times have changed Moreluck, like it or not !

We had small children attending the Gay Parade in the city this year, with their parents.
I have to admit, it looks a bit unright, but we can't dictate children to write with their right hand only, either ! (That was tried) !

You sound like someone that couldn't stand to end slavery (... but mommy, mommy, how can they start bossing us around) ???
Or like someone that didn't want women rights (but daddy, daddy, you can't let her say that to you, and she shouldn't be able to vote) !!! - It was unimaginable to have a female boss, the time you were born Moreluck !

Times have changed Moreluck, like it or not !

We had small children attending the Gay Parade in the city this year, with their parents.
I have to admit, it looks a bit unright, but we can't dictate children to write with their right hand only, either ! (That was tried) !

Maybe you should re-read what she posted. She's just pointing out that there will be a ripple effect with the passage with the NY law. Guess what, she's right, there will be. The link shows what the ripple effect will include.

Comparing slavery (or women's right to vote) to same gender marriages is apples and oranges. Not the same thing.

Why did parents having children at a gay parade not seem right?

Just so you know, there has been many generations that children were indeed taught not to use their left hands for just about anything, writing is only one of them.

klein

Maybe you should re-read what she posted. She's just pointing out that there will be a ripple effect with the passage with the NY law. Guess what, she's right, there will be. The link shows what the ripple effect will include.

Comparing slavery (or women's right to vote) to same gender marriages is apples and oranges. Not the same thing.

Why did parents having children at a gay parade not seem right?

Just so you know, there has been many generations that children were indeed taught not to use their left hands for just about anything, writing is only one of them.

Yup, it's been declared unconstitutional not legalizing same sex marriages in Canada and many European Countries.
Because, of the charters of Freedom of Rights !

Like I said before, pages back - Isn't it about time the USA shows that it is a FREE country ?
And the US Supreme Court will rule in favour, too, just like in any other free country.

So, you better get used to it, and stop nagging !

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Times have changed Moreluck, like it or not ..." (Klein)

Gay marriage isn't a CA. law (yet). The voters voted it down.

klein

Klein,

Did you grab their boobs too???

Your posts make me say WTF !!

No !!!! But the ONLY contradiction you and the hardcore conservatives can give me, is that the BIBLE tells us so.
We as a whole shouldn't be treating minorities differently and even unfairly. - Because what - the Bible says so ?

Screw that 2000 yr old Tooth fairy tale !
If someone truely must love their neighbors, then it don't matter if they are different, and they should have the same rights as anyone else.

packageguy

I think the divorce rate amongst gays is going to be a tad bit higher as some couples with kids, stay together for the sake of the kids.

Pickup, your 100% right, many of my friends are not happy, but stay for the sak of the children. Very good point.

klein

Pickup, your 100% right, many of my friends are not happy, but stay for the sak of the children. Very good point.

I think time has changed there, too !
How many get divorced for the sakes of getting healthy child support payments , that pay much more then an extra mouth to feed ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think time has changed there, too !
How many get divorced for the sakes of getting healthy child support payments , that pay much more then an extra mouth to feed ?

Where do you come up with this crap? Most people getting divorced can't even get any child support payments from the dead beat dads out there......you're thinking Hollywood....$55,000 a month child support owed by Charlie Sheen. The regular women can't get the $200 a month ordered by the court. I know !! I've helped to supprt grandkids that have dead beat dads. The dads have nothing, they pay nothing, they are nothing!! If they ever have a refund coming to them from IRS, they are in for a big surprise.

klein

Where do you come up with this crap? Most people getting divorced can't even get any child support payments from the dead beat dads out there......you're thinking Hollywood....$55,000 a month child support owed by Charlie Sheen. The regular women can't get the $200 a month ordered by the court. I know !! I've helped to supprt grandkids that have dead beat dads. The dads have nothing, they pay nothing, they are nothing!! If they ever have a refund coming to them from IRS, they are in for a big surprise.

A typical UPS friend/t driver would probably pay $500-$650 per child here.
Not everyone is a deadbeat !
I'm certain there are some BC members paying good amounts of child support !
I had a few in my center alone, paying those amounts.