Newspaper article that I read today

Gear

Parts on Order
We don't get paid to change at the hub. Matter of fact management makes it a point to remind us that they aren't paying us to change in or out of our uniform, drivers can come and go as they please in their uniforms but we aren't allowed to. I'd rather change at home to save a little time.

Our "wash up" time is in the contract, Article 27-General Provisions, under our IAM local. It says 5 minutes before lunch and 5 minutes before quitting time. We just do 10 minutes at the end of the day. I change into a clean uniform, leave work and come in the next day in the same uniform. I leave my boots at work.

rod

Retired 22 years
Why not wear your uniform to work and take it off when you get home? Novel idea, I know

For most of my 30 years we were NOT allowed to wear the UPS pants, jackets or caps home. If changing clothes was suppose to be paid time UPS owes me a friend-n lot of money.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
As a Mechanic it has ALWAYS been my understanding that we were to be ready to go to work at clock in time. Conversely, you are on the clock when you suit down and clean up at the end of the day. Simple.