NMA all Supplements and Riders get extensions!

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by CaptainObvious, Jun 28, 2013.

1. http://www.teamster.org/content/teamsters-ups-agree-extend-current-ups-national-contract

2. The Other Side

The Other Side Well-Known Troll Troll

Great news.

We can thank the members for this action today. They made this happen.

Still waiting on the details about the retirees portion of the announcement, but from preliminary reading, it sounds like the retirees will NOT have to pay the 700% increase in premiums!

Peace

TOS

3. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

​A 300% increase is much better than 700%!

4. rudy5150

rudy5150 New Member

what if 89 strikes?

5. TimeForChange

TimeForChange Active Member

There will be no strikes until a supplement or rider is voted down two more times. It would take months to get to that point.

6. Namraputs

Namraputs Member

So if someone started as a Driver after August 1st, but before the new contract is in place, would it be a 3 or 4 year progression?

7. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

8. anonymous6

anonymous6 Guest

after the dust settles, everything will be retroactive.

9. undies

undies Active Member

This only seems to delay the inevitable...we are screwed no matter what. Now I can't opt in for the new 9.5 for a fee more months!!!

10. SnowCitizen

SnowCitizen Member

Does this mean we can't be locked out without a 30 day notice? Thank you.

11. BrownBrokeDown

BrownBrokeDown Active Member

It should as we will continue to work under the current contract, and UPS must give a 30 day notice to sever this agreement. They would have to sever it before they could lock us out, otherwise the Teamsters would have legal recourse.

12. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Would you pay a dime to see this?

Major win for the union in my opinion. Well, at least for the locals like 89 & 177 that sounded off like they had a pair. Those locals who foolishly passed company-friendly supplements will just have to wait a little longer for their morsels that fall from the UPS pie I guess. #SorryNotSorry

13. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Why all this lockout talk? No way in heck the company is going to let market share go away, especially air volume.

What other locals voted no besides 89 and 177?

14. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

17 supplements were rejected. I would assume that most supplements govern more than one local. You may be able to find a list of the locals that voted no on tdu.org.

15. BrownBrokeDown

BrownBrokeDown Active Member

Last time I looked you could also find on Teamsters.org.

16. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

A lot of people are going to be out of a job after the strike ends when they lay off people not needed anymore because shippers jump ship.

No one is going on strike. UPS and the teamster both now this it's a lose lose situation for both sides. Bother side will work under the old contract until all the riders / supplement are worked out.. Whether it be 2 months are longer.

17. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

probably longer. I would guess maybe as long as 6-8 months.

18. derf3733

derf3733 Member

Local 100 voted N 10-1 ratio they're covered both by Central Supplement and Ohio rider. With that kind of no vote I'm guessing they can keep the Ohio rider in the No column if they so choose

19. derf3733

derf3733 Member

I agree, we'll get through peak and then you'll probably see a strike vote at least on a supplemental level if not national

20. CharleyHustle

CharleyHustle Active Member

Once the talk of an impending strike authorization vote picks up, I think you'll see yes votes on supplements and riders skyrocket.