No More Uni Ordering??

thom1842

We just got a PCM that our center will not be ordering anymore uniforms for the drivers, and we just have to deal with what we have. I guess if my pants rip in the butt the customers just get to see my boxers.

Anyone else get this PCM? I think it's absurd, so much for our professional image.:biting:

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
We just got a PCM that our center will not be ordering anymore uniforms for the drivers, and we just have to deal with what we have. I guess if my pants rip in the butt the customers just get to see my boxers.

Anyone else get this PCM? I think it's absurd, so much for our professional image.:biting:

Surely you can't be serious?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Show up to work without a uniform and clock on. They can pay you 8 hrs to sit in the office or they can get you a uniform. Your center manager has the ability to order the uniforms, you just need to give him the motivation.

soberups

I successfully filed a grievance last year to force the company to comply with Art 16 of the Western Region supplement which requires them to provide suitable uniforms. Find out which supplement applies in your area and as soon as your uniform request is denied, file. The language is very clear.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I successfully filed a grievance last year to force the company to comply with Art 16 of the Western Region supplement which requires them to provide suitable uniforms. Find out which supplement applies in your area and as soon as your uniform request is denied, file. The language is very clear.

I would think the company would decide what is suitable and that subjective evaluation may have changed since last year. Many other things that were done last year are not done this year.

Keep us advised on whether a grievance makes any headway.

soberups

I would think the company would decide what is suitable and that subjective evaluation may have changed since last year. Many other things that were done last year are not done this year.

Keep us advised on whether a grievance makes any headway.

By any reasonable standard, uniforms that are worn out, torn or missing buttons are not "suitable" and I have no doubt that this standard would be upheld at panel.

Under Art 16-uniforms and Art. 23-maintainence of standards, the company is clearly obligated to provide and maintain an adequate number of suitable uniforms for each employees, and provide laundry and repairs (hems, buttons etc.) for same.

It might take some time and hassle thru the grievance procedure, but eventually a grievant will be successful at forcing the company to comply.

P

pickup

Well, we all do what we got to do. soberups uses his own white socks covered by brown. What I do is when I see the opportunity is buy my own pants( eek, why do that) . Well, when I am in sears or jc pennys sometimes they have brown pants that are about 20 bucks a pop. I carry a bit of brown ups fabric with me to see if it is a good enough match. When they made the switch from cintas to twin hill a year and 1/2 or so ago . I placed my order with the same measurements i used with cintas and lo and behold, the pants barely fit. They looked good but movement was restricted esp. in certain areas that will remain nameless. I stuck with my old pants for awhile but one day in sears, I found the holy grail: covington brand brown pants. I tried on different sizes and found the perfect fit. I love these pants . They are more stain resistant , they are practically wrinkle free without ironing. Some of you might say; I shouldn't have to do this but I choose to for the sake of being comfortable. UPS Shirts are fine by me. I get them a little bigger than I need so that any movements don't stretch the fabric and burst the seams. Eventually, I figured out what size pants of twin hill fits me and I got my pants but I still choose for the most part to wear my own. They actually look better. I have more pants than I need which is better than needing more pants than I have.

I also have pants that are a little bigger to accomodate the long underwear I use in the winter months.

Well, we all do what we got to do. soberups uses his own white socks covered by brown. What I do is when I see the opportunity is buy my own pants( eek, why do that) . Well, when I am in sears or jc pennys sometimes they have brown pants that are about 20 bucks a pop. I carry a bit of brown ups fabric with me to see if it is a good enough match. When they made the switch from cintas to twin hill a year and 1/2 or so ago . I placed my order with the same measurements i used with cintas and lo and behold, the pants barely fit. They looked good but movement was restricted esp. in certain areas that will remain nameless. I stuck with my old pants for awhile but one day in sears, I found the holy grail: covington brand brown pants. I tried on different sizes and found the perfect fit. I love these pants . They are more stain resistant , they are practically wrinkle free without ironing. Some of you might say; I shouldn't have to do this but I choose to for the sake of being comfortable. UPS Shirts are fine by me. I get them a little bigger than I need so that any movements don't stretch the fabric and burst the seams. Eventually, I figured out what size pants of twin hill fits me and I got my pants but I still choose for the most part to wear my own. They actually look better. I have more pants than I need which is better than needing more pants than I have.

I also have pants that are a little bigger to accomodate the long underwear I use in the winter months.

Plus you can now deduct these pants as a business expense.

leastbest

LeastBest
When I was a new driver back in '78 I ripped out my pants and called in to the office. I told them I needed them to bring me out a pair. The sup said hold on and put his hand over the phone. I heard him tell my center manager and then heard the center manager say, "Screw him, he only has a few hours left" The sup got back on the phone and told me to keep working and they'd bring them out.

I went to lunch and after lunch I called them and asked where the pants were. The sup told me to keep working. I told them I couldn't as I wasn't wearing any underwear. Twenty minutes later I had new pants.

soberups

I went to lunch and after lunch I called them and asked where the pants were. The sup told me to keep working. I told them I couldn't as I wasn't wearing any underwear. Twenty minutes later I had new pants.

UPS has always maintained a drug-free workplace, and this was no exception. Just say "no" to crack.

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
We just got the word last week. No uniform or supply ordering for 2 months. I can't wait for our centre to run out of waybills and info-notices. Whats next? No more buying fuel for the trucks?