Not Eligible for Saturday Delivery?

BrownThunder

What's up BC,

I received a call today from whoever schedules people to do Saturday deliveries. She told me I would not be allowed to drive this weekend because I have not taken the appropriate training yet.

I have been with the company for 2 weeks, so I am unsure of who exactly I need to talk to about training. Surely there are others here who have been in the same situation. What did you do to become eligible for saturday air deliveries? I want to get this done asap so I can get as much experience as I can before I become a driver forreal.

Thanks!

jbg77

Get a on road supervisor to ride with you and qualify you. I believe thats it but would wait for more replies.

BrownThunder

So they would have to ship me out to the ~1 week class before I could do air deliveries? Wow... I guess I'll ask about the class then.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

You've been with UPS for two weeks and they want you to do Saturday air??

You have to be with the company for 6 months before you can even bid. Never mind the actual seniority employees who would bid for it. Something doesn't add up here.

BrownThunder

All I know, is I signed the bid list and she called me. I wouldn't get on here and tell lies, Frigid.

My trainer told me I could sign anything I wanted, right away. I asked him if I needed to "make book" before I was allowed to bid, and he said no. I took his advice and signed everything. Yesterday she called me and told me I was unable to drive due to having no training at this time.

Not saying you're wrong, but she never mentioned anything about how long I've been with the company. She knew my hire date and never said I had to be with the company for X amount of time. I was actually waiting for her to say it, but she never did.

Re-Raise

What's up BC,

I received a call today from whoever schedules people to do Saturday deliveries. She told me I would not be allowed to drive this weekend because I have not taken the appropriate training yet.

I have been with the company for 2 weeks, so I am unsure of who exactly I need to talk to about training. Surely there are others here who have been in the same situation. What did you do to become eligible for saturday air deliveries? I want to get this done asap so I can get as much experience as I can before I become a driver forreal.

Thanks!

Maybe it is just me.

But if a person at my work told me I needed to complete some type of training, I would probably ask them "what kind of training?", instead of asking a bunch of people on an internet forum.

BrownThunder

Maybe it is just me.

But if a person at my work told me I needed to complete some type of training, I would probably ask them "what kind of training?", instead of asking a bunch of people on an internet forum.

We're on the same page my guy.

I asked her, and she said she wasn't sure and I should go to one of the "centers" and inquire about becoming a driver. I fully intend on going in to work early today and asking questions (as I mentioned in post #6).

rod

Retired 22 years
All I know, is I signed the bid list and she called me. I wouldn't get on here and tell lies, Frigid.

My trainer told me I could sign anything I wanted, right away. I asked him if I needed to "make book" before I was allowed to bid, and he said no. I took his advice and signed everything. Yesterday she called me and told me I was unable to drive due to having no training at this time.

Not saying you're wrong, but she never mentioned anything about how long I've been with the company. She knew my hire date and never said I had to be with the company for X amount of time. I was actually waiting for her to say it, but she never did.

As with everything at UPS what flies at one center won't fly at another. If UPS NEEDS you to run air the first day you are there they will do it. There are TWO sets of rules at UPS. Those that apply when they are in a bind and those that apply when they aren't. In case you haven't realized it yet Brown Thunder there are some posters on here who still assume UPS plays fair with one set of rules.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What's up BC,

Thanks!

We received the appropriate training.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Training?

200.gif