Not Eligible for Saturday Delivery?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BrownThunder, Mar 6, 2015.

1. BrownThunder

BrownThunder Active Member

What's up BC,

I received a call today from whoever schedules people to do Saturday deliveries. She told me I would not be allowed to drive this weekend because I have not taken the appropriate training yet.

I have been with the company for 2 weeks, so I am unsure of who exactly I need to talk to about training. Surely there are others here who have been in the same situation. What did you do to become eligible for saturday air deliveries? I want to get this done asap so I can get as much experience as I can before I become a driver forreal.

2. jbg77

jbg77 Active Member

Get a on road supervisor to ride with you and qualify you. I believe thats it but would wait for more replies.
  3. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

You may have to graduate from Integrad or whatever they call the new driver training course.
  4. BrownThunder

So they would have to ship me out to the ~1 week class before I could do air deliveries? Wow... I guess I'll ask about the class then.
  5. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Or wait and ask if your building does an in house driver training later this Spring for Summer seasonal drivers.
  6. BrownThunder

Cool thanks, I'll do that. I guess I need to come into work earlier than usual today and start tapping shoulders.
  7. You've been with UPS for two weeks and they want you to do Saturday air??

You have to be with the company for 6 months before you can even bid. Never mind the actual seniority employees who would bid for it. Something doesn't add up here.
  8. BrownThunder

All I know, is I signed the bid list and she called me. I wouldn't get on here and tell lies, Frigid.

My trainer told me I could sign anything I wanted, right away. I asked him if I needed to "make book" before I was allowed to bid, and he said no. I took his advice and signed everything. Yesterday she called me and told me I was unable to drive due to having no training at this time.

Not saying you're wrong, but she never mentioned anything about how long I've been with the company. She knew my hire date and never said I had to be with the company for X amount of time. I was actually waiting for her to say it, but she never did.
  9. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You generally need at least 6 months before you are eligible to bid.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

Maybe it is just me.

But if a person at my work told me I needed to complete some type of training, I would probably ask them "what kind of training?", instead of asking a bunch of people on an internet forum.
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. BrownThunder

We're on the same page my guy.

I asked her, and she said she wasn't sure and I should go to one of the "centers" and inquire about becoming a driver. I fully intend on going in to work early today and asking questions (as I mentioned in post #6).
  12. BrownThunder

Thanks. I wish my trainer would have told me that. You'd think after being with the company almost 2 decades you'd know how things work.
  13. rod

rod retired and happy

As with everything at UPS what flies at one center won't fly at another. If UPS NEEDS you to run air the first day you are there they will do it. There are TWO sets of rules at UPS. Those that apply when they are in a bind and those that apply when they aren't. In case you haven't realized it yet Brown Thunder there are some posters on here who still assume UPS plays fair with one set of rules.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

We received the appropriate training.
  15. BrownThunder

Real cute bud.

And useful, too.
  16. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.